XPO | Yearly tractor swaps

Not only it benefits company with keeping mileage down but it gets newbies in the door if they drive newer truck w/working a/c. They know senior guy been with company and has no intention on leaving so time to crap on them. If senior driver doesn't like it, he can leave and they get another newbie in system. Keep wages down as well as vac and holiday pay.win - win for company.

Idk...I always liked the refurbs better than the freightliners. I had one that just came fresh off refurb for my linehaul ride, it actually rode well, everything worked, and it pulled great for what it was. The freightliners were waaay too quiet, felt more neutered in the power, and we couldn't get them turned up.

Idk...I always liked the refurbs better than the freightliners. I had one that just came fresh off refurb for my linehaul ride, it actually rode well, everything worked, and it pulled great for what it was. The freightliners were waaay too quiet, felt more neutered in the power, and we couldn't get them turned up.

Depends on what transmission you got. The seven speeds were superior, in my opinion.

Depends on what transmission you got. The seven speeds were superior, in my opinion.

Yep. The 08's with the 10 speeds did nothing for me i loved the dang 7 speeds. You could drive them as a truck needed to be drove. The freightliners fuel cut at 1600 really made it suck with a heavy set trying to pull a hill, or regain speed. No matter what they say, those motors do not run better being lugged down to 1100 rpm so you can downshift.

If the Sterlings came with some things like, oh I don't know...door panels, and some plastic paneling around all the exposed white metal on the inside, I think they would have felt a lot nicer. They seemed way too 80's and spartan on the interior with all the painted metal that would chip from keys or seat belt clips hitting it.

You have to get down on the floor board to see the channels on the radio. Bad location fot the AM /FM / XM.
Program all your stations in order lol. I did...had to know if I had 37 set as 2..I just had to scroll up twice to get to 39 or whatever. But I agree...it was a TERRIBLE spot to put a radio!

i don't deal with many hills plus i haul p&d loads on l/h most of the time.if you live in a remote area where wildlife plays a factor as a l/h'er you want those freightliner headlights(they light up the night),the only thing i've hit in those were owls&hawks!one of our city guys you couldn't get him in a freightliner but at last they took his sterling to the graveyard so he has jumped to the freightliner.and help me out here whats so wrong about a quiet truck?

i don't deal with many hills plus i haul p&d loads on l/h most of the time.if you live in a remote area where wildlife plays a factor as a l/h'er you want those freightliner headlights(they light up the night),the only thing i've hit in those were owls&hawks!one of our city guys you couldn't get him in a freightliner but at last they took his sterling to the graveyard so he has jumped to the freightliner.and help me out here whats so wrong about a quiet truck?

I'm with ya on that the freightliners run better to me
An pull better compared to any sterling not
By much though cuz they are held back which causes them to have issues but I do like the refurbs over the rest of the sterlings as I drive one now cuz I lost my freightliner

I had to do those swaps, and I would hate those doggone 7 speed trannys the FAC would give you as a swap to take back home...