Yellow | Yellow’s Shutdown Opens Up LTL Market for Competitors

i'm no market expert but funny how this article doesn't mention the one carrier that will probably benefit the most : Estes. these other carriers are getting a bump, just a bump, in their daily/weekly tonnage amounts but eventually that's where it will end. you can look at who's hiring. there are thousands of unemployed drivers and these LTLs are hiring in dribs and drabs i.e ABF in Bay Shore hired 2 guys from Yellow. TWO. that was confirmed by 707s BA to me. in the long run, Estes will the one carrier that runs away with Yellow's freight and land. their stars have been aligning for some time now

Up north it will be speedy 😲 transport linked into our system at yrc about a year ago they were already delivering and picking up Holland freight they have been expanding everywhere yellow even had three people driving for them in Windsor Sarnia area told them they had a choice go work for speedy 😲 or see ya no union not to mention coming in are yard taking full loads to be worked and delivered by them union 😞 New whaut was going 👇 down and crickets

"....The investment banking company sees ArcBest Corp., TFI International and XPO as best positioned to gain the most freight, given their similar weight and pricing....."
Can someone explain to me why if you cannot ship with the lowest cost carrier anymore then you would move your freight with the HIGHEST COST carrier? Wouldn't you go with the second lowest cost carrier which apparently is Estes? Are these analyst really worth anything?

i'm no market expert but funny how this article doesn't mention the one carrier that will probably benefit the most : Estes. these other carriers are getting a bump, just a bump, in their daily/weekly tonnage amounts but eventually that's where it will end. you can look at who's hiring. there are thousands of unemployed drivers and these LTLs are hiring in dribs and drabs i.e ABF in Bay Shore hired 2 guys from Yellow. TWO. that was confirmed by 707s BA to me. in the long run, Estes will the one carrier that runs away with Yellow's freight and land. their stars have been aligning for some time now
They need to look at why Yellow went belly up before they start hauling the same freight for the same rate

They need to look at why Yellow went belly up before they start hauling the same freight for the same rate
👍🏼Exactly why ABF is smart to stay away from it. I remember when NEMF went out and us at New Penn got stuck with Home Depot. Overall, that's a garbage money account but the idiots at Yellow loved "filling the trailers"

If you're not 🚭 making money 🤑 charge more seems simple unless the boys and girls at the head offices were playing monopoly 😭 and thought they were the guy in the 🎩 top hat 🥳 with money flying out of the brief case as they left the buildings 😕😔

If they absorbed Yellow;'s pricing, it will create some headaches for them...

I know one of them and they are getting a great driver.

If they absorbed Yellow;'s pricing, it will create some headaches for them...
i am actually still trying to understand Yellow's pricing. the story we as drivers always got was companies such as Home Depot are notoriously cheap and control the pricing. they dictated to the trucking companies what they would pay. NEMF & Estes were their main carriers. out went NEMF, in came Yellow and New Penn. although NP & NEMF competed for the same regional freight, NP would not go near Home Depot. that is until Yellow said so. rates never changed, only the carriers, is the story that was floated around. Yellow wanted the volume but clearly couldn't provide the service. now they're listed as one of Yellow's creditors to the tune of $1.2 million

Estes will get some of it, but not at Yellow’s rates. Example: Several years ago, Estes lost Amazon in Southern California due to Yellow underbidding them. Three months later, Amazon gave the contract back to Estes, at Estes’ prices. Reason was absolutely horrible service. Freight sat on shippers docks for weeks waiting for pickup, and Amazon’s rules said on anything they were paying, Yellow or Reddaway were the only options. Robb, and Webb are to sharp to play the game Yellow did.

i am actually still trying to understand Yellow's pricing. the story we as drivers always got was companies such as Home Depot are notoriously cheap and control the pricing. they dictated to the trucking companies what they would pay. NEMF & Estes were their main carriers. out went NEMF, in came Yellow and New Penn. although NP & NEMF competed for the same regional freight, NP would not go near Home Depot. that is until Yellow said so. rates never changed, only the carriers, is the story that was floated around. Yellow wanted the volume but clearly couldn't provide the service. now they're listed as one of Yellow's creditors to the tune of $1.2 million
Some companies haul some freight cheap to help move the better paying freight. YRC’s problem was hauling too much of it, like Amazon, Home Depot, Walmart, and a few others.