Holland | Yellow and Roadway Merging over the Next 15 Months

Benny Hill

I'm Back (kinda)
Credits
Toby has reported that he has seen a print out that was shown today and there is a link to this story on Yellow's Forum.

YRC Worldwide said Monday that while it expects to report a “solid profit in the third quarter,” it will post a “slight loss” in its core operations due to ongoing economic weakness, and will step up the integration of its two main trucking units.

Transport Topics Online | YRC to Report ‘Slight Loss’ in 3Q Core Operations

Tody has reported that his TM has a print out that was shown today and there is a link to this story on Yellow's Forum.

YRC Worldwide said Monday that while it expects to report a “solid profit in the third quarter,” it will post a “slight loss” in its core operations due to ongoing economic weakness, and will step up the integration of its two main trucking units.

Transport Topics Online | YRC to Report ‘Slight Loss’ in 3Q Core Operations
And in other news today YRCW will be handing out free bottles of KY jelly and vaseline to all the USF HOLLAND employees.:smilie_132:

dont expect usf to be closed ... sold, spun off ... probably .
It might be the best thing for usf
the email that was posted @work this morning from corporate hq went on to say that only yellow and roadway would be integrating into one company......it is our assumption that holland, new penn, and possibly reimer will be spun off and sold....

G-Man that would be the best thing that could happen to Holland , it would be great to have original ownership back in place and I am not talking about USF or TNT for that matter.

Thing is all the Managment that came in with YRC that is destroying this company would need to go to.

the email that was posted @work this morning from corporate hq went on to say that only yellow and roadway would be integrating into one company......it is our assumption that holland, new penn, and possibly reimer will be spun off and sold....
That sounds like a good deal to me and I am sure many others would agree with me. :1036316054:

G-Man that would be the best thing that could happen to Holland , it would be great to have original ownership back in place and I am not talking about USF or TNT for that matter.

Thing is all the Managment that came in with YRC that is destroying this company would need to go to.

If my memory serves me correctly if TNT did`nt purchase Holland there is was a good chance there would be no Holland today!

Wasn't that always the plan, to merge Yellow and Roadway? I can't figure out what took them this long to do it! Why bother with the seperate names anyway? Most shippers dont give a crap about a company's name or heritage or even reputation to some extent. It's all about shipping it for the lowest possible price. Sure, there are a few exceptions, but look at some of the accounts we have bent over backwards to service, have a great claim ratio, and a great relationship with, only to have them jump ship due to a small pricing difference (even after years of matching other carriers lo-ball offers). It's all about the $$$.

For my concern it couldn't happen fast enough to see them usher the brass out of the white house.We deserve better than this ,anyone who has been at Holland any length of time, know what kind of a company this was during 1993-2000 time period!

For my concern it couldn't happen fast enough to see them usher the brass out of the white house.We deserve better than this ,anyone who has been at Holland any length of time, know what kind of a company this was during 1993-2000 time period!

I have never been able to figure out why a company that was so profitable and so well run would ever sell. Maybe someone was "cooking the books"

one other thing

you deserve better than this? you already are the highest paid driver in the industry not even counting your bennies.

dont taze me bro

Did anyone at all listen to the conference call on 9/8 ???
Get the dam facts, again few know what their talking
About because they heard it all from somebody else who doesn’t
Know what they’re talking about who heard it in a break room
Somewhere. Here is a brief summery and quotes of what yrc said
in that call. “the holy grail of consolidations” “selling off tractors and
trailers” “selling off HUNDREDS of properties ” “A SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF
JOBS(this means you)” “REDUCED LABOR (this means you)” “fifty to
Sixty consolidations in the next two months” “meetings with senior
Teamster leaders yesterday to discuss this” yesterday ! ??? :wtflol:? they interrupted Hoffa on the golf course on a Sunday to tell him
To bend over yet again (and bet he did) how rude. WE ARE SCREWED.
I’d like to give special thanks to all those who voted yes “we
Don’t want any trouble” now you got trouble.

Did anyone at all listen to the conference call on 9/8 ???
Get the dam facts, again few know what their talking
About because they heard it all from somebody else who doesn’t
Know what they’re talking about who heard it in a break room
Somewhere. Here is a brief summery and quotes of what yrc said
in that call. “the holy grail of consolidations” “selling off tractors and
trailers” “selling off HUNDREDS of properties ” “A SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF
JOBS(this means you)” “REDUCED LABOR (this means you)” “fifty to
Sixty consolidations in the next two months” “meetings with senior
Teamster leaders yesterday to discuss this” yesterday ! ??? :wtflol:? they interrupted Hoffa on the golf course on a Sunday to tell him
To bend over yet again (and bet he did) how rude. WE ARE SCREWED.
I’d like to give special thanks to all those who voted yes “we
Don’t want any trouble” now you got trouble.

Who pissed in you wheatties this morning?!!

When I read your post I was thinking this is a Big R driver. Checked your profile and wow USF. Could have fooled me. Where and how did you tie USF into the merger plans? GRIZZ Made me double check to make sure I was on Holland Forum.

I have been away for a couple of days. Am I missing something? The news release I saw from YRC on 9-8 said they were merging their local sales teams. Yellow and Roadway would keep separate brands. I don't trust YRC, but that is what I read. Is there more to the story?

I have been away for a couple of days. Am I missing something? The news release I saw from YRC on 9-8 said they were merging their local sales teams. Yellow and Roadway would keep separate brands. I don't trust YRC, but that is what I read. Is there more to the story?
Listen to this webcast for MUCH more detail than the press release gave. Especially interesting in the Q&A at the end. Wall Street Webcasting - YRC Worldwide Inc.

just an outside opinion.IF yellow and roadway merge all operations don't you think from a business side that shutting down USF would allow them to attempt to absorb the freight into YRC as well as eliminating a competitor even if it is an owned company.this opinion is based upon the fact that YRC already shut down 27 terminals and took as much of the freight as they could and all of the equipment into yellow and roadway.

just an outside opinion.IF yellow and roadway merge all operations don't you think from a business side that shutting down USF would allow them to attempt to absorb the freight into YRC as well as eliminating a competitor even if it is an owned company.this opinion is based upon the fact that YRC already shut down 27 terminals and took as much of the freight as they could and all of the equipment into yellow and roadway.
I dont know where you get your "facts" from, but we at holland have both tractors and trailers from the closed companies. Secondly, they will be extremely lucky if they can close down a terminal in each city or area that they now have 2, and still have ANY capacity left, let alone freight from us. As BZ said, the ONLY reason they are able to do this now is due to the bad economy (resulting in less shipments). I actually think they will be shooting themselves in the foot a little bit if the economy picks up, as in some places I could see where they would be over capacity. Forgive me for boring you with my insight into the matter if you were simply here to cause trouble by suggesting that they close Holland, as I see you are a non-unoin guy from Old Dominion trolling our board.

No because Yellow And roadway don't do regional next day freight like we do. The whole reason for buying us in the first place.