Holland | Yellow and Roadway Merging over the Next 15 Months

been done already

When I read your post I was thinking this is a Big R driver. Checked your profile and wow USF. Could have fooled me. Where and how did you tie USF into the merger plans? GRIZZ Made me double check to make sure I was on Holland Forum.
My wheatties were pissed on back in april, but anyway. I can tie
Usf into the merger plans because they have already been doing it.
I don’t have a list setting here but lots of terminals
Already have usf, roadway, and yellow under the same roof, you roadmen
Have been to these places and know where they are. Its already been done
And will continue. Holland is not a hands off sacred cow that can’t be butchered.
If yrc thinks they can sell the terminal you’re in by moving you they will
Do it $$$. Understand this, we are all numbers to them and nothing
More. They don’t care about your families you support, they don’t care about
The blood sweat and tears you’ve given them. If they think they can make
A dollar by putting you to the curb you are gone, with the stroke of a pen.
Hoffa says the ibt will make sure you are treated fairly during all this (while being put To the curb) that’s a comfort.

My wheatties were pissed on back in april, but anyway. I can tie
Usf into the merger plans because they have already been doing it.
I don’t have a list setting here but lots of terminals
Already have usf, roadway, and yellow under the same roof, you roadmen
Have been to these places and know where they are. Its already been done
And will continue. Holland is not a hands off sacred cow that can’t be butchered.
If yrc thinks they can sell the terminal you’re in by moving you they will
Do it $$$. Understand this, we are all numbers to them and nothing
More. They don’t care about your families you support, they don’t care about
The blood sweat and tears you’ve given them. If they think they can make
A dollar by putting you to the curb you are gone, with the stroke of a pen.
Hoffa says the ibt will make sure you are treated fairly during all this (while being put To the curb) that’s a comfort.
I'm going to enjoy this last 12-pack of beer today, Then i'm going to get my 9mm and end it all because I refuse to be put to the curb by YRC. Come on now, with your blood pressure as high as it seems right now you are going to be disqualified on your next physical anyway!! Take a deep breath and relax a little!! I look at it this way, If they have the intentions to close Holland ( which is quite possible) there isnt a damn thing you or me can do about it.

"the merger"

as a dockworker from Roadway, I can tell you every email and memo I have read in the last few days say that this integration only involves Yellow and Roadway......they plan on keeping Holland, New Penn and Reimer out of it, and plan on running those companies just the way they are now.....however, you certainly could all be sharing space in the future at those facilities that have room left...the g-man:red_bandana:

teamster02,
let me first say usf teminals were shut down in the east.27 terminals were closed from GA to TX (Holland and Reddaway).that is a fact.i am not in any way attempting to **** you off,just asking a question.if you could give an answer without the attitude would be nice.Boilerpeddle did this for you since you could not.as far as the equipment comment roadway and yellow both have power units and trailers running in the city here that are former USF equipment with the orange stripe still.as far the fact that i work for OD, i do not hide the fact.i read most of the threads on the boards that are not dead so that i can learn about everyone else,since we the drivers tend to see the truth about our companies.what is it about you and Benny that you both think nobody else knows anything.i may not know as much as you about it but that is why i ask questions.

what is it about you and Benny that you both think nobody else knows anything.i may not know as much as you about it but that is why i ask questions.

I'll try to answer your question as simply as I can dmtorl (TF). Dmtorl (TF), you can just read you own posts, to answer your own question. I don't remember saying that nobody else didn't know anything about Holland, I think I only mentioned you?

You're correct, about asking questions and gaining knowledge, you will need to ask many, many questions it seems and you still probably won't have very much knowledge, just keep asking them. Now I have a question for you, sir. Why don't you ask something to someone in the Old Dominion forum and stop worrying about us? The guys on this forum are good guys, we help each other out with info to one another. You don't seem to have anything to offer us here except gloom and doom posts, uninformed messages and just a mean and nasty attitude toward other members here. I'm sorry you don't feel welcome and loved here. You do remind me of somebody else, I can't think of his name but its something to do with golf, if I remember correctly? I wish you would just leave poor Benny Hill alone, now you've hurt my feelings.

Teamster02, we can go to a shrink together for depression because dmtrol (TF) don't like us, if you want to, I'll drive.

(This message was by Benny the poster)

just an outside opinion.IF yellow and roadway merge all operations don't you think from a business side that shutting down USF would allow them to attempt to absorb the freight into YRC as well as eliminating a competitor even if it is an owned company.this opinion is based upon the fact that YRC already shut down 27 terminals and took as much of the freight as they could and all of the equipment into yellow and roadway.
dmtorl, Don't be upset with us for the attacks that you brought on to yourself. Your "SHUTTING DOWN HOLLAND"comment brought it on to yourself. I don't think anyone cares that you are trolling our board, but don't be putting comments like that on anyones board. Or you should expect to get attacked! We are getting tired of the "shutting down Holland" crap.:nutkick: Now apologize for your actions!:biglaugh:

just an outside opinion.IF yellow and roadway merge all operations don't you think from a business side that shutting down USF would allow them to attempt to absorb the freight into YRC as well as eliminating a competitor even if it is an owned company.this opinion is based upon the fact that YRC already shut down 27 terminals and took as much of the freight as they could and all of the equipment into yellow and roadway.

These are the types of uninformed post that should be "censored". Why is there a non-Union type posting in our forum anyway? If you want advice on how to become a Teamster, we will be glad to help. I know we all have some complaints lately. However, there is still no other organization better than ours for the entire LTL industry. Do you think if we did not exist that you would make the money you make? With the changes in the contract we can now take freight from non-Union Carriers and be more competitive. OD might be closed soon. Who knows? The point being that none of us are safe in the current economic climate. So again, if you need help with Union issues we will be glad to help. If this is not your intention, if think you should post on your own board where you might have a better insight of the truth.

:tongue0002:Just another Dumb A** living the good life brought to you by the TEAMSTERS:tongue0002:

Posted by Grumpy42 the poster:hysterical:
Stolen from BH cause I thought it was funny:biglaugh:

they have a thread going on the od site and they are all playing prognasticaters on the merger.yet say something against od and they are visiously defending there company.hey i worked there once and it was nothing to write home about.

they have a thread going on the od site and they are all playing prognasticaters on the merger.yet say something against od and they are visiously defending there company.hey i worked there once and it was nothing to write home about.
It's Ok my friend... we're used to it!!! Their worst nightmare would be for Teamster companies to fall but........:chairshot: OK I got nothin right now.. good night!!!

dmtorl, Don't be upset with us for the attacks that you brought on to yourself. Your "SHUTTING DOWN HOLLAND"comment brought it on to yourself. I don't think anyone cares that you are trolling our board, but don't be putting comments like that on anyones board. Or you should expect to get attacked! We are getting tired of the "shutting down Holland" crap.:nutkick: Now apologize for your actions!:biglaugh:

i am not upset about it.i just asked a question.it was a what if type question.if anyone feels that they need to attack my posts that won't hurt my feelings,please do,as i have responded to benny, i learn from the responses too even if they are an attack.as beeny stated about worrying about your company i don't.i don't want to see people put out of work though.i thought is was wrong of YRC to close the terminals they did. the way i see it the more companies competeing for business the better.Benny if you do not like me posting on this board ask jeff to ban me from this board for my free speech and opinions.i have said nothing negative about anyone here. i welcome you to come to the OD board and put in your comments there.

i am not upset about it.i just asked a question.it was a what if type question.if anyone feels that they need to attack my posts that won't hurt my feelings,please do,as i have responded to benny, i learn from the responses too even if they are an attack.as beeny stated about worrying about your company i don't.i don't want to see people put out of work though.i thought is was wrong of YRC to close the terminals they did. the way i see it the more companies competeing for business the better.Benny if you do not like me posting on this board ask jeff to ban me from this board for my free speech and opinions.i have said nothing negative about anyone here. i welcome you to come to the OD board and put in your comments there.

First of all Top Flight, I mean Dmtorl, I don't have to get Jeff's permission to ban you from this forum, you know that. If Jeff, as the owner of this site, wanted to allow you back in, after you were banned, that would be out of my control. Jeff is doing a great job for all of us :butt kiss:, keeping this website the best one of its type anywhere. As far as banning the Dmtorl account, I like to watch the guys "protecting" themselves against you and your questions, within the rules of course.

As far as when I'm posting, as one of the many members here on TB, I'm just that, a member posting about something that interest's me and I hope other members. Nobody here will agree with everything that I post, as I don't agree with everything that everyone else posts here either. Your issue, in my opinion as a part-time shrink, is that you want attention, no matter if its good or bad, you just crave attention. Yes, you are allowed to freely roam the massive TB playground and post as you see fit, within reason. Its when someone goes over the line by posting questions or statements that upset any normal member and or break the TB rules, that Benny the poster, must change in to Benny the Mod, to try and help maintain the free posting rights of the other members too. As far as your choice of the term "attack", I never attacked you, nobody here has attacked you yet, as far as I can tell. I feel that the other members are only defending themselves and their company from your "attack" type questions. I'm just glad that these same guys that you are trying to anger by your "What if" type questions aren't lowering themselves to your level, for this I applaud them :clap:.

At first, I truly was concerned that everyone would give you the negative reputation points you deserve, for your remarks against their company, as you say they are just your "What if" type questions. I know you don't mean anything by them, do you?

I have some "what if" type questions for you Top Flight/Dmtorl.

What if, I did come to the OD forum, would you treat me as a buddy?
What if, I did allow you to say anything, that you wanted to, without any repercussions, do you really think the response from the other members would be positive toward your remarks?
What if, we just end this by saying you posted something that didn't need to be asked. You were told so by several members and it didn't matter to you because all you wanted was the attention anyway.

And for the record...
Nobody in their right mind would ever wish anybody to be put out of work or any business to be shutdown. I didn't like the closing of the USF terminals by YRCW either but guess what, they didn't have to ask me because its their company to do as they wish. I don't have my own copy of the big picture and they have never shown me their copy either.

(Benny, the poster)

I don't think that you have did anything that deserves getting banned, this time. None of us were looking to go into "attack" mode, but I think we made our point clear. I'm hoping that your post did not have bad intentions when you wrote it. It just turned out bad. Nothing hurt here. It's all good. :ShakeHandsNah:

well benny i think i can agree with most of your post with the exception of the section of "trying to anger or craving attention".ii did not try to do this.i ask the questions of the one who are with the company not on the OD forum where it is speculation.if i have offended anyone it was not intended that way.i personally do not like the things YRCW have done things.granted i do not work for them but do work side by side on the streets with the ones who do and do pass on information that i find to them as well as tell them where i find it.if anyone on this forum believes i have been deliberately insulting or have asked the questions in anything other that a serious way please tell as benny has done and it will get straightened out. Benny, iw ould welcome anything you have to say on any of the OD forums because just throgh your post you show what you believe in and i will tell you if i disagree but would not use name calling or putdowns to tell you so.

well benny i think i can agree with most of your post with the exception of the section of "trying to anger or craving attention".ii did not try to do this.i ask the questions of the one who are with the company not on the OD forum where it is speculation.if i have offended anyone it was not intended that way.i personally do not like the things YRCW have done things.granted i do not work for them but do work side by side on the streets with the ones who do and do pass on information that i find to them as well as tell them where i find it.if anyone on this forum believes i have been deliberately insulting or have asked the questions in anything other that a serious way please tell as benny has done and it will get straightened out. Benny, iw ould welcome anything you have to say on any of the OD forums because just throgh your post you show what you believe in and i will tell you if i disagree but would not use name calling or putdowns to tell you so.
Give me a break, ive been on the non forums before asking legit questions and have been shot down so quick its not even funny. They see that I am Holland Linehaul and let the games begin. Nobody bashed you yet so go away. Everyone that reacted negatively had every right to do so! We dont need your negative posts, we have enough in our own ranks!!!!:tongue0002:

Thanks for the invitation to come to the OD forum, but I have no need or desire to go there myself. I have nothing to gain or loose by doing so. As long as you play nice on Holland's playground you're welcome here just like anyone else, but if you get out of line, Principal Benny will have to paddle you, just like your twin brother was in the past. I'll send a note home to your mother too.

:1036316054:

Thanks for the invitation to come to the OD forum, but I have no need or desire to go there myself. I have nothing to gain or loose by doing so. As long as you play nice on Holland's playground you're welcome here just like anyone else, but if you get out of line, Principal Benny will have to paddle you, just like your twin brother was in the past. I'll send a note home to your mother too.

:1036316054:
purpledude4fcyz3vd8.gif