Yellow | Yellow has to have the worst management in history.

Shutter Down

TB Lurker
Credits
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) _ YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW) on Thursday reported a loss of $7.5 million in its fourth quarter.

On a per-share basis, the Overland Park, Kansas-based company said it had a loss of 23 cents. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring costs, were 4 cents per share.

The trucking company posted revenue of $1.21 billion in the period.

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) _ YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW) on Thursday reported a loss of $7.5 million in its fourth quarter.

On a per-share basis, the Overland Park, Kansas-based company said it had a loss of 23 cents. Earnings, adjusted for non-recurring costs, were 4 cents per share.

The trucking company posted revenue of $1.21 billion in the period.

Maybe so, but we’re still chugging along and the checks are still good.

YRCF OR 99.5. Better than a lot of our other Q4’s.

L, they will keep muddling along. I don't know why anyone expects more. They have yet to demonstrate any real ability to turn this train wreck around.

It's happening slowly to be sure but things are slowly improving IMHO. Paying down debt, continuing to get new equipment, positive moves little by little. Like Elwood said, the checks are still good. Could be worse.

At this rate the debt won't be paid off in our lifetime. Maybe our new CEO will improve things .

L, they will keep muddling along. I don't know why anyone expects more. They have yet to demonstrate any real ability to turn this train wreck around.

It's happening slowly to be sure but things are slowly improving IMHO. Paying down debt, continuing to get new equipment, positive moves little by little. Like Elwood said, the checks are still good. Could be worse.

There have been times in the recent past when NOTHING got fixed. Everything was ‘make do with what you have.’ Dunnage is clean, new LED yard lights, dock plates and bumpers repaired as needed, my safety requests are addressed immediately. Like Trip said, new tractor and trailer purchases and meeting Federal and strict CA mandates, while staying afloat, though barely. It’s no picnic, but definitely improvement. Electric Towmotors and yard goats are closer than most realize. The logistical nightmare associated is going to be a huge challenge.

I wouldn’t wanna run this place, I don’t care what the pay or perks. Not enough hours in the day to address all the issues.

There have been times in the recent past when NOTHING got fixed. Everything was ‘make do with what you have.’ Dunnage is clean, new LED yard lights, dock plates and bumpers repaired as needed, my safety requests are addressed immediately. Like Trip said, new tractor and trailer purchases and meeting Federal and strict CA mandates, while staying afloat, though barely. It’s no picnic, but definitely improvement. Electric Towmotors and yard goats are closer than most realize. The logistical nightmare associated is going to be a huge challenge.

I wouldn’t wanna run this place, I don’t care what the pay or perks. Not enough hours in the day to address all the issues.
I retired in June of 2009 without a plan. Me and some of my Roadway friends who had our time in, felt in was time to leave while the going was good. I salute all of you who have kept on going to work every day and doing your job to the best of your ability. This is why YRC has survived, Imo. Finding contentment in life is what I always strive for.

Last edited:
I retired in June of 2009 without a plan. Me and some of my Roadway friends who had our time in, felt in was time to leave while the going was good. I salute all of you who have kept on going to work every day and doing your job to the best of your ability. This is why YRC has survived, Imo. Finding contentment in life is what I always strive for.
Your thoughts and opinions are always welcome. Well reasoned, too. Apparently, your decision to exit was perfectly timed. And clearly the contentment you sought.

The "Titanic" takes a lot of ocean to get turned around!
Yep , just remember it took a while to sink the last half of the Titanic and plus I'm doing my part with donating -15% to help them and my Uncle Trip is on the Board of Directors now so good things coming to soon !

Yep , just remember it took a while to sink the last half of the Titanic and plus I'm doing my part with donating -15% to help them and my Uncle Trip is on the Board of Directors now so good things coming to soon !

I’m not sure your facts are correct. You should probably consult Trip and Seabreeze. I understand they both had liaisons with Molly Brown?

no they hired a yrc reject from roadrunner to run npme d. faultz and he brought some others from roadrunner with him...he has destroyed at least npme more than anything yrc has done in the last 10 years...finally they fired him...now the regionals are operating at a 98 o/r and yrc at a 99... actually, i think we operate worse than anything yrc freight could do... and than to top it off, yrcw says part of there yield problems was increase in contractual employees wages and bennies..what that .35 raise we got minus 15%... and no increase in pension..really this place deserves to close, its got to be the worst run USA business in America....regional and freight operated at least positive for quarter, but yrcw still lost 7.5 million..its clear to see were the actual waste is....and i believe it lives in overland park!!!

I’m not saying the company is in great shape but being a realist it’s hard to compete with non union labor.We don’t have to do nearly as much work as non union employees.We have thousands of rank and file that take advantage of our protections and work rules,if they choose to be consistently non productive,they can and will.We all know you couldn’t go to a non union carrier and perform like that. Most of the nons are on a 70 in 8. I talk to non union city drivers that work 65 to 67 hours Monday through Friday. We are on a 60 in 7 which is a good thing but we are so behind they offer Saturday work but we can’t work it because the union doesn’t recognize the 34 hour reset. ALL non union LTL have a 34 hour reset.

Back to the numbers,YRC operated at a 98.7 year ending with over 3 billion in revenue.
1.7% of 3 billion is 51 million they made off the freight they hauled.

Regionals operated at a 96.3 year ending with app.1.9 billion in revenue.
3.7% of 1.8 billion is 66 million they made off of the freight they hauled.

Collectively as a company that’s + 117 million.
I’m not pretending to understand the quarterly result statements,heck some of that crap I’m reading with my jaw dropped and mouth open( kinda like I’m watching jeopardy).

What I do understand is they paid 25 million towards the CDA.

They spent 103 million towards capital expenditures ( mostly equipment).

They paid 84.2 million towards debt in 2017.

We know they pay 90 million per year towards interest to our lenders.

For me,hats off to James Welch, I hope he has at least put us on life support for another 5 or 10 years.If we don’t make it..it will be because we voted ourselves out of a job IMO.
I’m hoping for a good year so there is room for some hourly increases and per mile increases in next contract.