Yellow | Yellow is calling from beyond the grave

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits

If Yellow were a truckload carrier, revival would be possible.

You could go back into business literally one truck at a time. But Yellow was a national LTL carrier with terminals, dock operations, local pickup and delivery, and line haul. It’s impossible to simply rehire people and start the whole thing up again, or even a part of it, for that matter. Yellow’s customers have scattered, like dogs from an open gate at doggy daycare.

According to the Wall Street Journal, many former Yellow shippers are now working with XPO, Old Dominion and ABF Freight. FreightWaves said that Saia snagged some Yellow customers and that Estes probably did, as well. In fact, Old Dominion and Estes have bid more than $1.5 billion for Yellow’s 169 terminals.
:chairshot:

Jack Cooper somehow reviving Yellow is an even more audacious idea. Yellow isn’t coming back looking anything like it did in July.

Since then, Yellow not only died, it began to decompose. So, I have to assume Jack Cooper has another plan, though I can’t begin to imagine what it might be.

Whatever the plan, though, it will absolutely not bring back even a respectable portion of Yellow jobs that were lost. Sure, LTLs can grow quickly when one established carrier absorbs another, but organically they grow slowly, adding terminals and building networks over years. Serious money lenders won’t want to wait that long.

Let’s face it: Yellow is dead, and it isn’t coming back. LL

:crybaby:

Jack Cooper somehow reviving Yellow is an even more audacious idea. Yellow isn’t coming back looking anything like it did in July.

Since then, Yellow not only died, it began to decompose. So, I have to assume Jack Cooper has another plan, though I can’t begin to imagine what it might be.

Whatever the plan, though, it will absolutely not bring back even a respectable portion of Yellow jobs that were lost. Sure, LTLs can grow quickly when one established carrier absorbs another, but organically they grow slowly, adding terminals and building networks over years. Serious money lenders won’t want to wait that long.

Let’s face it: Yellow is dead, and it isn’t coming back. LL

:crybaby:
Well thought out post...
Agree...

It would certainly be interesting to see what would happen if this were to come to fruition. How many drivers would come back? How many have retired? How many have moved on? Would they leave a new job if offered their old position back? Doesn't seem like a real possibility but who knows?

Never say Never in today's world ! Maybe Jack and his brother D.B. can raise the dead , after all who would have thunk " Jamie" would have came back a 2nd time and get paid Millions to juggle the books & get Government $$$$$$ and Union to get the Sheep to keep giving back after they gave themselves Bonuses !!!:stirthepot:
71efc13599901577ea4288a14597e00a.jpg