!!!!! Yellow Otr Drivers Not Worked In Three Weeks !!!!

Discussion in 'Holland' started by oldyellow, Apr 23, 2006.

1. oldyellow

oldyellow Member

Drivers in Columbus the bottom 30 drivers have not worked in three weeks. Company will not lay off. They laid off 10 drivers a couple of weeks ago and 10 more to be laid off next week. Freight should be booming by now. YRCW plans on a big buy back. $100 billon dollarsm of shares of stock on the open market to be bought back as the report came out 4/21/06. The board approved the buy back. I hope you drivers at USF are working better than than we are in Columbus,Ohio.
    Is Columbus working part time dock worker or casuals. Need work !!!!!!!!:duh:

2. jimmyjoe (jj)

jimmyjoe (jj) Member

As far as I know they are hiring linehaul around the whole system. People on layoff were brought back to work the first of March. There has been a few times when some boards don't clear on a Monday night or at the end of the week.

About casual dock help the only thing that I can tell you is to talk to the hall or Holland and see. I know one of the guys in the Hall is a road driver for Holland so they might be able to help you.

Good Luck.

3. Benny Hill

Benny Hill I'm Back (kinda)

In Louisville, Ky we have nobody laid off. City has hired two CDL casuals in the last three weeks. Two line haul drivers transfered in to the city about 5 weeks ago. We have 3 dock only (non-CDL) casuals working every day all so. Freight has slowed down here to, we are only working a couple of hours o/t a day instead of 60+ hours a week like we were a month ago.

4. Benny Hill

Benny Hill I'm Back (kinda)

That's Holland, by the way.