ODFL | Yellow Roadway completly merge ops.

DayliteDean

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
The roadway forum site is all abuzz tonight ,Apparenly it was annouced there would be a full merging of operations under the YRC name . If true I wonder what effect this could have on the other ltl carriers. Ive seen a lot of these mergers happen before, but rarely have they been successful. Trying to dovetail operations and personell can create a lot of hard feelings not mention much confusion . Break out your crystal balls ,try to predict the future , The YRC guys sure are.

they have been doing the dry run on this for a least a year now.OD has several of their old buildings as an example.a lot of the people that work for one or the other won't be happy.

is there a mention in that story about the USF companies or are they going to keep closing them and taking their equipment?

I heard that the scuttle about USF Holland is that it is considered the company that is not working. Not trying to wish anything bad on the good drivers at Holland but what I heard is the rumor at Yellow is they are going to spin Holland off.

what do you think the odds are that Y&R shut down USF to absorb their freight and/or equipment to try to boost Y&R

what do you think the odds are that Y&R shut down USF to absorb their freight and/or equipment to try to boost Y&R

I think the odd's are very slim . What do you think will happen to O.D. when YRC is all reorganized and you guy's can't find any shipments to pick up because your service is so slow:biglaugh::hysterical::smilie_132:

I live in Kansas City. This is Yellows headquarters. It is in Overland Park Ks. a suburb. The newspaper here the Kansas City Star has printed articles about Yellow since before I was in the trucking business before the 1970s. This company has always been broke. This company has always been on the end of its rope. This company has always been in the top 5 largest freight companies in the US.

This company is a entity of one. and in the end I think it will have a name of a enitity in one. Thats why I cannot see Holland being a separate part for long. Of course length of time could be a while. But I believe it will happen soon enough.