Yellow | yellow roadway corporation

fastmover said:
USF will be rebranded as Yellow,terminals will merge,Roadway will be spare parts to fill in the gaps,and then the whole thing will be sold to DHL.

hey you left out abf
might as well make it complete:Chocolate-Cow:

Hey BIG R i can truly say, your pension and health and welfare stay in your first local when u transfer to another terminal. I't does no go with you.......

lilrider said:
Hey BIG R i can truly say, your pension and health and welfare stay in your first local when u transfer to another terminal. I't does no go with you.......
Not sure if we understand each other. If I take a transfer from Buf to Indy, under a change of ops, I stay in my NY pension, but my healthcare will come from the Indy local. Has to be a "change of ops", following the work. Not sure about mergers cuz the only guys I knew that did this went from Carolina to ABF "in Buffalo", nobody moved out of conference.

A number of years ago 342 (k.C.) had several people transfer to 890 (Denver) Central to Western, and these people stayed in the Central Division. Mustache Retired

On this last change of ops. the guy's who went to akron, and north carliona and dallas, all kept there pension and health and welfare back in the original local......

I think we all need the same H&W. We all come up the the division that has the best. Some divisions really still have it real good.

yo big steve.......

remember what happened between local 560, local 707, carolina brooklyn and abf maspeth????

that's how come you guys are in 707 instead of 560 right now.....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I stand corrected on the h&w, it stays with you. Can be a real pain in the azz to get your coverage in your new location. My humble :rofl2: apologies.......TBR

MIKEEEEE said:
yo big steve.......

remember what happened between local 560, local 707, carolina brooklyn and abf maspeth????

that's how come you guys are in 707 instead of 560 right now.....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yo mikeeeeeee
got your other message also and i know what you mean

yeah i was part of that deal
initially we were 707/carolina and when we merged we stayed in 707's H&W fund but were represented by 560 as we went to the abf terminals in deer park and farmingdale
this lasted for about 2 yrs until the abf leases were up
then both barns went to deer park and into carolina's old terminal
this was a company owned location and not leased
when we moved back to the carolina term 707 filed a jurisdictional claim and won
at that point unlike the first involuntary change involving H&W the 560 guys now had a choice as to whether they wished to change over
some did some didn't
guys with heavy 560 time elected not to and guys who had little 560 time did as 707 pension was higher at that point
presently 560 is about $50 higher , go figure

the tell tale factor in keeping H&W from your local is whether the change was voluntary or involuntary
if you are able to secure a transfer on your own where it does not involve a COO then you have to enroll in the new plan
if your move involves a COO then you can keep your old plan or if the new plan benefits you more by being higher then you can elect which way to go
you cannot be forced in any COO to settle for less than you have

big steve said:
the tell tale factor in keeping H&W from your local is whether the change was voluntary or involuntary
if you are able to secure a transfer on your own where it does not involve a COO then you have to enroll in the new plan
if your move involves a COO then you can keep your old plan or if the new plan benefits you more by being higher then you can elect which way to go
you cannot be forced in any COO to settle for less than you have
I dunno Steve. Guys that moved to 231 from 120 on big change 8 or 9 years ago kept their healthcare even though Buffalo h&w was much better. They told me they would kill to be in our plan, but couldn't do it unless they quit and rehired, which some of them considered.

TheBigR said:
I dunno Steve. Guys that moved to 231 from 120 on big change 8 or 9 years ago kept their healthcare even though Buffalo h&w was much better. They told me they would kill to be in our plan, but couldn't do it unless they quit and rehired, which some of them considered.

i don't know what particulars were involved in that change
but in our case what i told you is what happened
possibly the variable in your case was the fact that the locals involved would not agree on letting the men decide, i don't know

i do know there are many many 707 guys that have moved all over the place due to COO and have kept there H&W in 707 as i always believed that was by choice
quite possibly like in your situation it was not as the losing local workwise has the ultimate say whereas the gaining local does not
the other factor that may come into play in your situation is the fact it was a big change whereas losing those contributions would have crippled that fund is also a possibility

after the abf/carolina merge like i said to this day there are guys who are in either 707 H&W or in 560 H&W by choice

yo big steve....

as i remember it here's what happened.....

ask kevin for the particular details as he was there.....

abf had 5 guys working in maspeth....

carolina had around 200 working in brooklyn...

abf's guys were in 560...

carolina's were in 707....

abf wanted the carolina guys to go to 560...

707 protested the loss of membership and won....

COO's are written into article 8 section 6....

terminal closings buyouts and mergers are written into article 5.....

same thing happened on the jersey side with carolina and abf but this fight was within local 560 over determining seniority of the merged lists and the guys that were laid off from carolina.....

this caused a lot of bitterness amongst the troops....

same thing happened with the apa sanborn's deal....

i have 10 years in 560, 13 in 707 and 6 in 600, for my money 560 is better at negotiating and working conditions and 707 is better at benefits....

mikeeeeeeeee

ps; 19 benefit years in 707