FedEx Freight | YELLOW/ROADWAY layoffs

screamingeagle35

TB Lurker
Credits
I have heard from a Div HR guy that these two companies' stocks are trash,and that Yellow is laying off hundreds maybe thousands of drivers. Has anyone else heard anymore about these issues???

i heard fed ex is closing 38 terminals and will be laying off 2200 workers but just channel 4 news

You sound very upset, tell us how does it feel now that you caught your boyfriends cheating on you with this Fedex driver you were watching?

this economy is really getting worse its like a domino effect, if you think fedex is exempt because they are fed ex you are mistaking, layoffs will be coming just like every other trucking company, but i will say they have done a great job thus far, they maybe cancelling some runs and combining runs, but we are coming into the real slow season, and this will be the ultimate test.

Just wait until they combine fed xe frt. and fed ex nat. Its coming soooonnnn..... Then watch the layoffs numbers.

It's true Roadway just laid off 46 drivers in PHX and that is outside off the issue of bringing the two companies together. I'm glad to be at Fed Ex. We seem to be making the cutting back enough to keep people working with out having to lay people off.

Just wait until they combine fed xe frt. and fed ex nat. Its coming soooonnnn..... Then watch the layoffs numbers.

I don't think they will merge them they just might start working them a little bit closer together. I think FedEx is afaid to merge the companies because if freight tries to go union they can just switch everything over and call it national and viseversa. Don't think for a minute that Fred S. don't have his ducks in a row on that issue. He has an action plan on how to keep the union out. You can count on it!!!
As far as the layoffs..... FedEx doesn't even have enough respect for employees to lay them off. What they do to avoid layoffs is just leave them at home without pay and expect them to stay here only working one or two days a week. Oh and they also expect that one or two day a week driver to keep a good attitude about the company and come to work with a positive attitude towards the company!! Yea right???@#$%^&&%%

I don't think they will merge them they just might start working them a little bit closer together. I think FedEx is afaid to merge the companies because if freight tries to go union they can just switch everything over and call it national and viseversa.

That wouldn't work because National's network is NOT configured for regional LTL freight.

I still think we'll see alot of smaller/mid-sized end-of-line city terminals merged together, but the operations for the most part kept separate. It just doesn't make sense to have two TM's in the same town making $70k, two OSD, office folks, billers, leasing two terminals, etc. And yes, red shirts will be eliminated too.

According to your drivers that I have talked to they might as well be laid off with the cut in days and time.