FedEx Freight | YELLOW/ROADWAY layoffs

Good night

Good night everyone...I have a weird biological clock...and I was up all night posting...and now it's time to take a nap...
'Happy Holidays'!!! My brother's and sister's...don't forget to go to church!!! I luv youse guys!!!:1036316054:

Thanks for being here WD and all the rest of my members here @ truckingboards.com .

thank u mr smokestack for helping me in past. mr 222lifer what do u have against coffee i happen to own coffee farm in columbia sa. u aint seen layoffs until jan of 09. all come & drink beer with me at coffee farm. tks

Please explain for us non union drivers.

One reason yrc has more lay offs annually than say a fed ex is...we have a 8 hr, 5 punch garauntee in the city/ yard/dock

SMOKESTACK :1036316054:

I think what he was trying to say is that 1 punch is one 8 hour day, and that 5 punch is a full timer that works 5 days/ 40 hour week.
If they need to work them less than that they would have to lay him off and then call him on a casual basis for 2 or 3 days worth of work and thereby also not having to pay for their benefits like healthcare and pension.

:TR10driving03:

We here at FedEx a people company do not have layoffs like those sorry union companys do. We keep everyone working. We make you part time dock help no benifits we give you 5 maybe 10 hours a week. But hay you can tell your friends and family that you do have a job with a major company and FedEx feeds you all the purple prode you can eat. GO FEDEX!!!!!!! Be proud boys

WHY IS THIS IN FEDEX TOPICS ANYWAY? ANYONE WHO TAKES PLEASURE IN READING ABOUT YRC EMPLOYEES BEING LAID OFF IS A F U C K ING A S S HOLE. fedex promotes the wrong msg with its gloating about it too like i said before FEDEX should be ashamed of itself