Yellow | Yellow trucks 309

Chicago Roadway

TB Veteran
Credits
Had a couple of funny events last week seems yellow truck came in and hooked there own trailers(pups) and then set them on the ready line
and took off.. I think the number was 4 units and that is a direct problem
because our yard does all the hooks on pups hope this is not a sign of the times

Had a couple of funny events last week seems yellow truck came in and hooked there own trailers(pups) and then set them on the ready line
and took off.. I think the number was 4 units and that is a direct problem
because our yard does all the hooks on pups hope this is not a sign of the times

More than just different terminals but even different shifts do it differently, but everywhere it is becoming common and not being handled uniformly. Here in indy I've been told both "It's your equipment, do whatever you want", and on a different day" take it easy we'll do the crank and hook lines for you." I think almost all of us don't care one way or another. Most of us don't want to "take work" from a brother or sister.
Hope you can handle it in a polite manner. Just for info I'm Yellow local cartage in indy.

BigR and Holland come to our yard at STL and do their own work. I have only noticed long boxes though. We do have Roadway pups in our yard from time to time, but I have never seen a Roadway driver hook them.

In KC, Yellow and Roadway both have agreed that hooking pups is yard work and will be performed by the hostler's at each terminal. No one drops or pulls ANYTHING from each others dock. Holland has no pups. We have a regular pup drop at Holland. Roadway brings in Reddway pups from Denver and takes them to Holland. When it first started, Holland's forman tried to get Roadway drivers to drop it in the door for them. The Holland hostler asked us not to, so we drop on their inbound line.