SAIA | Yellow?

FOF,

Just ask the Jevic boys. They will definitely be glad to tell you that they are no longer in the Saia family. I believe it has worked out for the best for both companies. As for ownership, I'll bet there are a few Yellow shareholders that have benefited mightily from the spinoff.

I believe SAIA was acquired by Yellow when they bought Preston. It has since been spun off.

Yellow Corp (that was their name before they swallowed Roadway) owned Jevic and Saia. They put the two companies into one holding company and spun it off giving Yellow shareholders shares or portions of shares of stock of the new company. It was placed on the stock market under the symbol SCST. Approximately one year and some change ago Jevic was sold and the remainder of the Saia/SCST was converted to Saia and the corporate offices moved to Atlanta Ga.

A brief incomplete history

We were also Smalley out of Homer (DOH !!) Lousianus when we were bought by Preston who was owned ? or was a subsidary of Yellow or something like that. ( The red headed stepchild)
Preston went under.
We were partnered up with Jevic untill Yellow had to get rid of us, because they could only write us off for a certain number of years, before they had to make us a part of them for legal purposes. Rumor had it that they held us in case of UNION problems so they would have a nonUnion carrier in the wings.
We were splintered off with Jevic under the holding company SCST. Which I considered a whole lot of dead weight all those suits getting paid for nothing. Sucking up revenue and generally being a pain in the ***! Then they started Expanding into the Southeast bigtime. Either opening new terminals or Acquireing smaller local companies
They went public with SCST and was listed under SCST on the Exchange, until I think around last year or so SCST was dissolved and the Symbol changed to SAIA. Which is why if you do a search for the stocks under SAIA it only tracks back to last year.
:1036316054: I am not with SAIA anymore so it really don't matter . I just check in once in a while to see if I can figure out who is *****ing :hysterical:

Trucking History 101 could be correct.We sure as hell are pulling alto of Roadway trailers though.:chair shot:

Do the roadway trailers have roadway freight on them or is it your freight and you are repositioning the trailer for roadway?
At ABF i have pulled FedEx's, Roadway's, yellow's, Central Transport all repositioning empty trailers. Sometimes we load our freight on their trailers and save the wear and tear on our own. They pay i pull.

Who's Hastening???? It's Hasbeenking!!!!Don't know who's freight is on them. since they are coming to a break term,I could only assume(Insert joke here) it is our freight.