yellow

bumped

TB Lurker
Credits
yellow freight driver dies this morning just north of indy, rear ended england truck pulling off shoulder

There has to be more to this crash then the England driver has shared with law enforcement at the scene?
Such as yes he may have pulled over to look at a map?
Don't most have GPS these days?
How far off the road was he?
We all can see from the photos that the YRC Set went straight into the rear of the England trailer.
Yes I would really like to see an update on this tragic crash,and find out the rest of the story.

Prayers for the comfort of his family friends,and co-workers to remember him like they knew him,and not like this.

I-65N back open after fatal crash involving 2 semis
Updated: Thursday, 13 Jan 2011, 1:17 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 13 Jan 2011, 7:11 AM EST

Reporter: Adrienne Broaddus
Editor: Hyacinth Rucker
HENDRICKS/BOONE COUNTY LINE/Ind. (WISH) - Interstate 65 northbound is back open following a deadly crash involving two semis Thursday morning.

The crash occurred on the interstate near mile marker 128 on the Hendricks/Boone County line around 4:50 a.m. Thursday.

According to police, 32-year-old Stephen Grogg was driving a semi-trailer and pulled over in the shoulder of the northbound lane.

Police say when Grogg attempted to merge back onto the interstate a semi driven by 60-year-old Steve Woosley crashed into him.

The collision crushed the cab of the second semi-trailer and Woosley was declared dead at the scene.

A passenger in Grogg’s semi was taken to St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis for observation. Grogg was not injured.

Officials closed both lanes of Interstate 65 northbound after the crash and traffic was detoured onto Interstate 465.

Emergency workers spent around six hours reconstructing the crash and removing the wreckage.

Well there you go,the rest of the story is one critical detail left out of the first news report.
The England driver driving at merge speed cut in front of the YRC driver who was traveling at highway speed.
Sounds like the England driver was not focused on the traffic coming toward him from his tail.

Thanks for posting this update bumped.

R.I.P. Steve.

My prayer's and condolence's to the Woosley family. R.I.P. Mr. Woosley He died doing what he loved. Condolence's to the whole Yellow family and all of Mr. Woosley's friend's.

My deepest sympathies for Mr. Woosley's family. What a shame. The Yellow freight drivers have always been professional and courteous to me.