ABF | Yes, Mam

I already seen it, and I am not impressed. How do you know that this is the only offer, Don't you know how poker is played. You Bluff, the company has to say that. Sorry I don't believe that or you, Don't take it personal. I am doing what I believe in to.

How do you know we all be working for YRC do you have inside information, or are you just assuming again. If you have prove, then post a link so we can all make our own decisions. You have been pushing for concessions since the very beginning. so what you say don't really hold much weight with me. You are just trying to help the company with scare tactics for yes votes, and I pray it don't happen this way.

I don't want to work for YRC either, and I know I can find another job if it comes down to it, I just don't like to be threatened into doing something that I don't believe in. I respect that you will make the decision whats best for you, I also am doing what I believe in.
Thanks, papa, for your opinion, without disrespecting mine. It's just the way I see it. No inside info here, just experiences. Yellow has always grown through mergers and acquisitions. Billionaires with HUNDREDS of billions of dollars will give the nod to risk 1 billion and never blink. They hate Unions anyway, and manipulate the top brass for their purposes. It's just the way of the world. By all means, vote your conscience.

So you voted for concessions at yrc and then bailed out. And now you want to vote for concessions at ABF too. Gutless. Judy loves people like you. She has your balls right where she wants them.

I was faced with a decision at YRC, and I happened to vote with the majority at the time. I later had an opportunity to get a better job, contrary to your opinion of me, it took guts to do that. Another hand had the opportunity before me, but chickened out, didn't want to lose his vacation he said, so I went knocking and forfeited 4 weeks vacation and a top seniority spot, and it worked out, by the grace of God. I assume you are still at YRC, and would like to blame me for your situation. Well, I'm a big boy and your entitled to your opinion. I would still buy you a cup of coffee.

I was faced with a decision at YRC, and I happened to vote with the majority at the time. I later had an opportunity to get a better job, contrary to your opinion of me, it took guts to do that. Another hand had the opportunity before me, but chickened out, didn't want to lose his vacation he said, so I went knocking and forfeited 4 weeks vacation and a top seniority spot, and it worked out, by the grace of God. I assume you are still at YRC, and would like to blame me for your situation. Well, I'm a big boy and your entitled to your opinion. I would still buy you a cup of coffee.
I would welcome a few stiff rum and cokes right about now if you're still feeling generous.

I would welcome a few stiff rum and cokes right about now if you're still feeling generous.

See you at the clubhouse, I'm making the turn onto the back nine, I just hope I get to the 18th green before YRC screws me again, if you get my drift! Perhaps I will be able to afford a drink or two :guiness::guinesssmilie:

they always say last,best and final offer. They also said they would be closing the doors within 6 months if they didnt get give back. Turn, you are in a much better position than myself. I work the dock and I am an old broken down truck. Finding work would be a nightmare for me. That being said. F____ em! Dont get me wrong I want them to make money hand over fist. I just dont want to hand it from my fist to theirs. This is a difficult and personal decision for many of us. Once again it is just about how much you value your contribution to ABF. Every one of us would vote no at some point. It is up to the individual to determine where that point is. If there are any concessions I will do my best to educate those around me, but ultimately I dont know their life situation. It is what it is. Vote no to concessions my brothers!

they always say last,best and final offer. They also said they would be closing the doors within 6 months if they didnt get give back. Turn, you are in a much better position than myself. I work the dock and I am an old broken down truck. Finding work would be a nightmare for me. That being said. F____ em! Dont get me wrong I want them to make money hand over fist. I just dont want to hand it from my fist to theirs. This is a difficult and personal decision for many of us. Once again it is just about how much you value your contribution to ABF. Every one of us would vote no at some point. It is up to the individual to determine where that point is. If there are any concessions I will do my best to educate those around me, but ultimately I dont know their life situation. It is what it is. Vote no to concessions my brothers!
We might not even get anything to vote on. Have you thought about that?

I haven't seen your new contract offer.

But i have seen and read over,UPS Freight new contract offer. And guess what is really sucks...........

I bet your contract offer isn't worse than ours, unless they ask u for a wage give-back..

Nope. Local's are having Q@A meetings this weekend. Voting time at the end of this month or first of next month i do believe.

I will be first to say , I am voting Hell No.......................

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not noteworthy that if this proposed contract has a penny less an hour in pay you're a no vote. You're a lot of things and being consistent is one of them. Secondly we don't have the information yet to determine whether Ups Freight is better paid than we are. In making such a determination the entire package must be considered including wages, pension health and welfare. Rest assured I will seek you out when we have the information for such conclusions. Until then, remember Ups Freight subcontracts non-union and Abf does not. Secondly, Ups total profit exceeds Abf's revenue times 2

We just got our tentative agreement (Ups Freight) l, we will be at $28.65 in 2018.

Yes the top scale money and entry level money. For new hires is better and good.

But part-timer got the big-weenie again, at least compared to the competition pay's.

This contract is like the last-it sucksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.: Hey UPS Freight moon2: This first offers sucks.........