XPO | Yes or no I think all phone calls should be monitored in an out of the terminal

HARLEYRDKING01

TB Lurker
Credits
I think all calls in an out of the terminal should be monitored so someone on the top could see how the customers are treated and also how the drivers are talked to they might think twice about what they say

Wow I wish we could were a wire some time's and record some of the stuff that's said to us out here and then they call in and Complain about us I'm like i didn't do nothing they was all over me though I had a customer once ask me angrily why I hauled his freight all the way from Nebraska like that I told him Sir I'm sorry your freight look's like this but this is the First time I have seen it just like you as I live right here in the same city you do !! I told a mouthy customer once hey you don't have to be so mean I have a job to do also he did later on apologize but damn Really must we deal with this stupidity !!!

I think all calls in an out of the terminal should be monitored so someone on the top could see how the customers are treated and also how the drivers are talked to they might think twice about what they say

How about we put video cameras in the trucks to monitor the drivers? It's no different than monitoring the phones like you say should be done.

How about we put video cameras in the trucks to monitor the drivers? It's no different than monitoring the phones like you say should be done.

Question...
What does monitoring drivers in trucks have to with monitoring conversations with customers?

Answer...
Nothing at all...just a retaliatory post attempting to reduce the validity of a genuine concern voiced by the OP. Another bruised mangina.

Rat

Question...
What does monitoring drivers in trucks have to with monitoring conversations with customers?

Answer...
Nothing at all...just a retaliatory post attempting to reduce the validity of a genuine concern voiced by the OP. Another bruised mangina.

Rat
well said rat, thank you

We are "monitored" throughout our workday.
The truck computer is constantly recording our speed, idle time, RPM's, braking, etc...
The handheld is relaying our exact location on P&D through the GPS.
The handheld is also tracking motor moves, reweighs, and DIM checks on the dock.
How many calls have we all made to a company that begin with "This call may be recorded for customer service and training purposes"?
I don't think it needs to be done all day, at every terminal, but maybe just knowing they might be "monitored" would adjust the attitude of those that need adjusted.

We are "monitored" throughout our workday.
How many calls have we all made to a company that begin with "This call may be recorded for customer service and training purposes"?
I don't think it needs to be done all day, at every terminal, but maybe just knowing they might be "monitored" would adjust the attitude of those that need adjusted.

Typically, companies use a random sampling of calls. I'd hate to think about the labor costs of having people monitor EVERY call. I do know, at least in the maint. dept, we have gotten calls from CGO just to see how we answered. A few shops were called out at a maint meeting once on how they answered the phones. It was quite common to get them near the end of the day to make sure managers were not leaving early as well.

Typically, companies use a random sampling of calls. I'd hate to think about the labor costs of having people monitor EVERY call. I do know, at least in the maint. dept, we have gotten calls from CGO just to see how we answered. A few shops were called out at a maint meeting once on how they answered the phones. It was quite common to get them near the end of the day to make sure managers were not leaving early as well.

They do that to the service centers as well. Test calls to make sure everyone is doing the right thing.

Question...

Answer...

Rat
What do you care,I thought you left for greener pastures?

Typically, companies use a random sampling of calls. I'd hate to think about the labor costs of having people monitor EVERY call. I do know, at least in the maint. dept, we have gotten calls from CGO just to see how we answered.
Why not. XGO creates a management job for anything else. That job sounds like it should pay $100,000, with full management benifits

Wow I wish we could were a wire some time's and record some of the stuff that's said to us out here and then they call in and Complain about us I'm like i didn't do nothing they was all over me though I had a customer once ask me angrily why I hauled his freight all the way from Nebraska like that I told him Sir I'm sorry your freight look's like this but this is the First time I have seen it just like you as I live right here in the same city you do !! I told a mouthy customer once hey you don't have to be so mean I have a job to do also he did later on apologize but damn Really must we deal with this stupidity !!!
Yes ! That is your job!

I'd like to see some more accountability on all employees not just the drivers. Before we even consider listening in on phone calls maybe we should filter the internet use. If you work in our office you're allowed to check your facebook page every 15 minutes, and text on your phone all day. But if a driver is at a stop too long he needs an explanation. Last I knew drivers weren't allowed to have cell phones on the dock. And get caught on your phone or using your handheld and you get two safety strikes.

I'd like to see some more accountability on all employees not just the drivers. Before we even consider listening in on phone calls maybe we should filter the internet use. If you work in our office you're allowed to check your facebook page every 15 minutes, and text on your phone all day. But if a driver is at a stop too long he needs an explanation. Last I knew drivers weren't allowed to have cell phones on the dock. And get caught on your phone or using your handheld and you get two safety strikes.
I agree cell phones have no place on the dock. either while driving both are a safety issue. If you want to be on facebook or make calls apply for the office! there is no need for personnel phones in the workplace.... bottom line no excuses!

I agree cell phones have no place on the dock. either while driving both are a safety issue. If you want to be on facebook or make calls apply for the office! there is no need for personnel phones in the workplace.... bottom line no excuses!

You for got to add your tag-line "let's just truck" in you last couple posts.. :1sm364jumpbed: