FedEx Freight | YES VICTORY IS OURS (west)

East or West who cares the company obviously will run with the most efficent way to do business and its East all the way ! From all the complaining I hear from west drivers it almost sounds like they are a union shop. Which of course means their way is nowhere close to as efficent. I have a question for the west. when we first started pulling each others trailers you're landing gear crank and air hook ups were on the passenger side what the heck? Talk about not productive. Just wondering. You wear the same uniform so dont get me wrong we all love you guys out there. Just being LTL makes a truck driver specail. Im out
The Landing gear crank was put on the R/H side so the Driver would walk around his Set to do a Pre trip & a post trip when at the end of his run,as for the airlines & lightcord i have no clue,mabey it was exercise climbing up & down the rear step

Punkasphuk :1036316054:

You can drive a Chevy or a Cadillac. Both will get you to your destination.

Viking Freight was the Cadillac business model.
American Freightways (ala Conway) is the Chevy business model.
Going forward we are all going to be in a Chevy.

:biglaugh:

Yea but river when that cadillac slips of the road that chevy will be there to pull you out.:biglaugh:

I have a question for the west. when we first started pulling each others trailers you're landing gear crank and air hook ups were on the passenger side what the heck? Talk about not productive.

?? air is on both sides along the center line.

only ones that kind of suck is the old ptrailers with the air on the far driver side but the gear lines won't reach and they snap off if you make a turn sharp :cuss:

I needed to put my two cents in here. First, please learn how to spell. FedEx purchased Caliber Systems, a parent company of Viking freight, but this was done to acquire RPS. Viking was an afterthought. American Freight was purchased because it, along with Viking, made a lot od sense. AF was marketed to FedEx because the controlling shareholder was aged, and an inheritance tax assesed to his sons would cause them to sell the controlling interest of AF. Sheridan Garrison elected to sell before he passed and the sons kept most of three billion dollars. No matter how this came about, we all have a pretty good job. We all are more secure now than then. If you think it is better somewhere else....see ya!

I needed to put my two cents in here. First, please learn how to spell. FedEx purchased Caliber Systems, a parent company of Viking freight, but this was done to acquire RPS. Viking was an afterthought. American Freight was purchased because it, along with Viking, made a lot od sense. AF was marketed to FedEx because the controlling shareholder was aged, and an inheritance tax assesed to his sons would cause them to sell the controlling interest of AF. Sheridan Garrison elected to sell before he passed and the sons kept most of three billion dollars. No matter how this came about, we all have a pretty good job. We all are more secure now than then. If you think it is better somewhere else....see ya!
Hey Brother! you said learn how to spell ? if you talk like you type you might be a redneck - read your post and go edit it then put all your words in big letters so I know you are good and mad , then and only then will I get your point - enjoy your glass house

Made a lot od sense

having to deal with the new linehaul dispatch is nuts
clc is misplacing loads and drivers
this cant be better, no fn way
Ive been in trucking for 30 years and never seen anything so f'd up
I'm sorry harrison but the west linehaul was much more efficent by leaps and bounds
I'm also sorry harrison but this makes you guys look like idiots
and everyones laughing all the way to the bank
I've never had so much delay
in fact I think I'll go buy a new car today
thanks for the huge pay increase
YES , WEST LINE HAUL WAS MUCH BETTER THEN THIS JOKE

West Is Wrong

I can remember waiting to transfer to the west when we were AF.Going west was working and Viking was starting to lay off where AF was.Then the big BOOM.Fedex bought AF and that Transfer went down the tubes.The AF people worked hard to get where we are today and if any west people want to quit in the Nevada area let me know.Really just take your ball and go home.

...No matter how this came about, we all have a pretty good job. We all are more secure now than then. If you think it is better somewhere else....see ya!

Tell that to the guys who've been laid off, eliminated, had pay cut, or are concerned about the next round.

Yeah, we work for a good company, but we all (east/west/national) used to work for a GREAT company.

As for it being better somwhere else... Might not be, but it's getting closer than ever before. When the market turns back around, who knows. For those of us who've seen the change, it may or may not be worth giving up what we've earned here... Starting over with Vacation/Seniority etc. would likely be the only real drawback.

So yes, in this market fedex can do what they want. And as you can see... THEY ARE, both in employee relations and customer service.

Seat belts Ever hear of OSHA ?

Now all of a sudden they care what OSHA says? They better take a look at the rest of the dock. When I worked at USPC, OSHA would come through and make sure all that had to pull a pallet jack had steel toes. We are not required to wear steel toes on the dock. What's up with that? I had an OSHA guy step on my toe one time, I told him I'd be happy to shove it up his a&& to make sure it was steel toe for stepping on my boot. Yet I along with several other people called them about a deaf woman driving a forklift in shipping and almost running several of us over because she couldn't hear. Guess what, they didn't give a s**t! I still say the seat belt rule is ridiculous!

The Landing gear crank was put on the R/H side so the Driver would walk around his Set to do a Pre trip & a post trip when at the end of his run,as for the airlines & lightcord i have no clue,mabey it was exercise climbing up & down the rear step

Some companies put the crank on the right side of the trailer to get the driver out of the street when dropping/hooking on the side of the road.
The seatbelt rule, though agreed rediculous, is a rule industry wide and has been for years.
Later, Bam

I know its fun and all ....

Why the heck are we still picking on each other ... east/west ..... thats over ...US ..

btw ... what the heck has happen in central dispatch .....(I haven't VIA ed in a while) .... or I should say the four winds ..... and when someone answers the telly .... and ask if you want dispatched

I mean GEZZZ .....

I can see why the west drivers are scratching there head .... because its got me wondering ....

One other point I'd like to make today
I know my spelling is bad, and I have seen other coments from posters about spelling

Here is the deal
I'm just a old truck driver that can't spell making more money than most educated collage boys that can.... go figure ...

YA'LL HAVE A GOOD DAY

Yeah we will all get along at some point. all the west guys are starting where I started five years ago. I work at DEN and came from East. I hated it then, and thought for a long time that it was terrible. Now I know that I am better off that FedEx is trying to stay competitive. I am glad that we are all going to be working with one set of management and rules. I admit though, that east is not all the right stuff. They are not the company that was headed by Garrison years ago. If either viking or af stayed like they were, we'd all be quite worried about our job security instead of who's label is on our large paychecks! Try to keep it in perspective guys.

I know its fun and all ....

Why the heck are we still picking on each other ... east/west ..... thats over ...US ..

btw ... what the heck has happen in central dispatch .....(I haven't VIA ed in a while) .... or I should say the four winds ..... and when someone answers the telly .... and ask if you want dispatched

I mean GEZZZ .....

I can see why the west drivers are scratching there head .... because its got me wondering ....

One other point I'd like to make today
I know my spelling is bad, and I have seen other coments from posters about spelling

Here is the deal
I'm just a old truck driver that can't spell making more money than most educated collage boys that can.... go figure ...

YA'LL HAVE A GOOD DAY

slackdragon :1036316054:

When you are finished writing your post, all you have to do is hit the ABC link with the check mark underneath it to check on your spelling. You will find this ABC link in the upper right hand corner. If this is the first time using it then you may be asked to download a little software that supports the spell check. It works pretty well.

:popcorn:

Megellann 7474,Amen brother.........I was in DEN.helping out during "Project Overlap" as it was called, and that was a train wreck,12 hour days, delivering freight in 40 ft. and 53 ft.trailers to areas you've never been to,rehandling freight 2 or 3 times only to shove it back in into an appointment trailer..... ah ! them were the days.........not ! I agree with you it was a mess but we pulled through and we will this too !

They made you guys do it our way because you all could not figure out the correct side to put the landing gear crank handle on

Yeah we will all get along at some point. all the west guys are starting where I started five years ago. I work at DEN and came from East. I hated it then, and thought for a long time that it was terrible. Now I know that I am better off that FedEx is trying to stay competitive. I am glad that we are all going to be working with one set of management and rules. I admit though, that east is not all the right stuff. They are not the company that was headed by Garrison years ago. If either viking or af stayed like they were, we'd all be quite worried about our job security instead of who's label is on our large paychecks! Try to keep it in perspective guys.

Thank you, my thoughts exactly. What ever comes alone the strong will deal with it. While I don't agree with the way the layoffs were handled, I'm damn glad to be with one of the strongest companies on the planet.

It seems that many of you don't understand why we former Vikings are are so upset that FedEx Freight is essentially American Freightways all over again...here's the deal:

When the two were combined, all the various processes were reviewed and the "best practices" would be implemented going forward. Much of what we did was similar, some was very different.

Maybe it's because there were more employees on the East side so majority ruled but when it was all done HRO really called the shots. Most of the suggestions we made in my (former) department were never adopted...it seemed we ended up always doing it the "East way".

Viking was a very proud and very successful company but we were consistently overlooked. After a while we realized it wasn't worth getting upset about and stopped trying to contribute.

Remember the "25th anniversary ARFW truck"? That was a big deal that really made us feel like second-class citizens. No mention was made of VIKNs 40th anniversary (Founded in 1966).

I simply refuse to believe that everything ARFW/East did was better than VIKN/West.

OK...I'm done.
Thank you for puting it so well!!!

What's all this Easy West North pole South Pole AF VK BS???? Folks IT'S FX, plain and simple, we're all going to do it their way or move on, which is what we need to do on this subject.....

FM

PS: My dad can kick your dads:eck13: :hysterical: