New Penn | YES Voter ????

Irishman107

TB Lurker
Credits
I have been told by more than 1 YES person to quit, resign, I'm a bad worker etc....

Heres a Question for all you Yes voters Even though it was 2 to 1 NO. Since the NO voters deserve the PENSION and PAY without the 5% cut. Since we said NO.

HOW MANY OF YOU YES VOTERS REFUSED THE ADDITIONAL 50 BUCKS AND PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS IN YOUR PAY???

Well first of all , if you were at the meeting you are well aware that there is no additional pension payments being made on our accounts.I asked Pres H.that question and he stated ,that no matter how the vote goes there is no money to pay our pensions.the only thing a no vote gets you is unemployed.

because the no vote won,doesn' t mean any of us are getting the pension credits.you know that, and the no vote won't change that part of the deal. the 5% now thats differant, i voted yes, and i will thank all you no voters for prolonging that part of this misery we have to take to keep working at npme. but 5%=50$, i don't think your shareing equally in trying to save yrcw, my 5%=110$,did you guys at #14 get some kind of special deal? and i though we were all teamster brothers in this thing equally.

Well first of all , if you were at the meeting you are well aware that there is no additional pension payments being made on our accounts.I asked Pres H.that question and he stated ,that no matter how the vote goes there is no money to pay our pensions.the only thing a no vote gets you is unemployed.

Well thats not what my paycheck says. We voted no so its up to the IBT to enforce the contract. President H. does not know what will happen if we Vote NO. You didn't answer my question LUCKY; Are you keeping the EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR PAYCHECK EVERY WEEK OR ARE YOU GIVING IT BACK?????

Irish If you read the material that came with your vote one part says the new rate goes in effect Aug1.Another section says first pay period after ratification,Im betting they will go with Aug 1 and take the money in adjustment to gross.

Are you telling me that Pres H. said "the only thing a no vote gets you is unemployed"
I must have gone out for a smoke when he said that.

NewPenn107:I paraphrased what pres.H said was ,a no vote and NewPenn will be merged into YRC he will fight for a dovetail.My words; this means a no vote gets you unemployed.Lets stop playing word games here ,you know what the stakes are.You have been told from the VP ofthe IBT tothe Pres of local 107 no means NewPenn will no longer exist.End of story.

Hey you said it;"best interest of all his men".Keeping their jobs is in the best interest of all the men;We finaly agree!

Hey you said it;"best interest of all his men".Keeping their jobs is in the best interest of all the men;We finaly agree!

I was being sarcastic as you well know. now go respond to my question about where the letters are from the banks demanding 100% participation.

I wasnt being sarcastic.As an aggressive shop steward you have always looked out for your men .Thats why its hard to understand why you continue to call for a vote that will only lead to the destruction of their jobs.A good leader knows when to pull back from the brink of destruction and regroup to fight another day.Since you became Shop steward I have seen you to be just that!

I wasnt being sarcastic.As an aggressive shop steward you have always looked out for your men .Thats why its hard to understand why you continue to call for a vote that will only lead to the destruction of their jobs.A good leader knows when to pull back from the brink of destruction and regroup to fight another day.Since you became Shop steward I have seen you to be just that!

Thanks Lucky, I appreciate that. I do try to fight for the men and what is right.
We have discussed in person why you are voting yes And I have never disagreed or belittled your reason.
And my reason for a no is I believe YRC is done. I also don't believe they would close newpenn on a no vote. (and merge is the same as close, I think we can agree on that)
If they did close us then every yrc employee and the banks should be saying "WTF are you doing Zollars??

And you can ask any of the men If I called for a vote for the destruction of their jobs. I have stated to them my reasons for my vote, have showed them financials of yrc and told them what I believe could or can happen.
Do you think I can survive without a paycheck? I am already trying to cut my bills to make sure I am in good shape financially no matter what way this all goes down.
By the way, anyone looking to take over the lease on a 2007 H2 Hummer?? :biglaugh:

Are you guys related in the real world? You guys "debate" like you're related. No offense intended, just asking?

Our steward is pulling for a yes vote to give us a shot,he to will not guarantee the future,but he wants his men to have a fighting chance,nobody and i mean nobody but yrc knows what happens to us in the future.

I feel your pain, as I'm sure most of you know I work for Holland. Everyday seems like we're all in a game of Russian Roulette using AK-47's, sooner or later somebody is going to lose, I just hope it's none of us.