yesterday was weird

jmsconstantino

TB Lurker
Credits
Any of you guys ever get that

"I've been behind this wheel for too long" feeling?

It was stupid cold yesterday morning I had to jump my car to get to work. The damn truck took way too long to warm up. The trailer brakes stuck every time I bumped a dock. Everywhere I went had ice or wind whipping through an outside dock. I just couldn't get warm, the sun was shining which in my case gives me a false sense of temp outside. I got bored with heading down the highway, but not wanting to take any longer going the back roads. I even got frustrated with traffic lights taking too long.

I'm happy today to not be behind the wheel, in front of the fire watching the idiot box.

Jim, i make my deliveries at night..wanna talk stupid cold when it is dark, and the wind is blowing at my first stop in downtown Boston, and the winds are swirling around the buildings and it too is an open dock..??

talk about a "polar vortex" when that wind is blowing in the city.>!!!

When I was working city as P&D with UPS Freight I had some of those frustrating days.
Yes especially in the winter season working out of the Rochester New York terminal.
Can remember times when I was heading into the terminal from my last pickup,jumping around in the seat screaming my lungs out.
So happy to be done & heading back to finish my day.
Any one in any 4 wheelers who saw me up in my day cab would have thought I was a lunatic,but I never knew any of them call in on me.

I have been retired since the end of March 2008 & don't miss any of the driving,or the work,only thing I do miss is some of my customers.

I couldn't do this at night maybe I'm just getting old.

lol....lol......

yeah...you're OLD...not GETTING old...!!!

try as i may, try as i might, i cannot find another job outside of trucking...oh, i can get all the OTR jobs i want, but my life and responsibilities have changed so much the past 7 years, that leaving the home for more than a 10 hour shift is not going to work for me.

I have been trying in VAIN to get a dispatcher's job, i need to have some training, and i have posted on Craig's List, but i get NO responses...it's like somehow, some way, you gotta go to "dispatching school", which there is NONE.....

The older WE GET, the less we want to work hard, but rather, we wanna "hardly work"....!!!

When I was working city as P&D with UPS Freight I had some of those frustrating days.

Can remember times when I was heading into the terminal from my last pickup,jumping around in the seat screaming my lungs out.
So happy to be done & heading back to finish my day.
Any one in any 4 wheelers who saw me up in my day cab would have thought I was a lunatic,but I never knew any of them call in on me.

if it makes you feel happy...

i can call in on you right now mister.>!!!:bananapartyhat: