Yet another video shows ObamaCare architect disparaging voter intelligence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ice Rider, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

The only thing I find funny about this is..... He is talking about the stupidity of the lefties here on TB that supported this crap and swallowed it hook, line and sinker!

Gruber was discussing the law’s so-called "Cadillac tax,” which he said was helped along by “hero” then-Sen. John Kerry. The “Cadillac tax” mandates that insurance companies be taxed rather than policy holders. He said that taxing individuals would have been “politically impossible,” but taxing the companies worked because Americans didn't understand the difference.

“So basically it's the same thing,” he said. “We just tax the insurance companies, they pass on higher prices that offsets the tax break we get, it ends up being the same thing. It's a very clever, you know, basic exploitation of the lack of economic understanding of the American voter.”

Yet another video shows ObamaCare architect disparaging voter intelligence | Fox News

2. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

I thought insurance companies fell under the "not for profit" clause.... Not for profits are exempt from levee tax, are they not? I'll have to check with my State Farm Agent on that... Discount Double Check and all...

3. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

4. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

5. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

sad part, he is right, most Americans don't understand taxes
    they don't understand that taxes are an expense to companies that get passed along to the end user

Punish corporations, jack their taxes up most don't realize that that expense is passed along to them