TForce | Yikes whats going on?The more I talk to don't like UPS.

Say does anybody know if UPS has different numbers for the winter season in the northern terminals?

Walking fast in snow with ice under it isn't the most healthiest practise.

Plus its going to take a bit more time for you to get up after your feet go out from under you.

You think UPS will give their northern terminals some more time to do everything when the snow starts flying around here?

Did you have your DIAD last winter? The first day you received it the DIAD has been taking in information on how you run your route, how long it takes, how many steps from where you part your truck to the front door, etc... this is how the UPS IE's work. Then when these supervisors ride with you they will advise on how many right turns you made vs left, how long did it take you to make change, etc.... They already have a years information on most and everyday they have more. The managers do not know too much, as UPS tells then only what they want them to know and that is "run the play" do not think, act as we have told you to do. UPS wants mindless drones on hourly and mgmt staff, especially if it's the old O mgmt. They will never be brown in UPS's mind no matter how they try to conform to save their jobs. Hell they need a good UNION themselves, as UPS is a bunch of globalists.

You know what maybe I don't mind UPS making us like their parcel division as long as they are willing to give us the same pay,and benefits.

How about the old saying you get what you pay for.
If we are getting less then parcel,we should be able to get away with doing less work,and do our routes safe,instead of number crunching.

Come on now UPS get with the program,bring us all up to speed on your economic package,and then maybe we will be willing to step up the pace of our work day.

Did you have your DIAD last winter? The first day you received it the DIAD has been taking in information on how you run your route, how long it takes, how many steps from where you part your truck to the front door, etc... this is how the UPS IE's work. Then when these supervisors ride with you they will advise on how many right turns you made vs left, how long did it take you to make change, etc.... They already have a years information on most and everyday they have more. The managers do not know too much, as UPS tells then only what they want them to know and that is "run the play" do not think, act as we have told you to do. UPS wants mindless drones on hourly and mgmt staff, especially if it's the old O mgmt. They will never be brown in UPS's mind no matter how they try to conform to save their jobs. Hell they need a good UNION themselves, as UPS is a bunch of globalists.

That's true. UPS Freight Diads have been collecting information for quite some time now. This is how they are going to make the world of LTL very efficient.
They start to wonder why does driver "A" always get stuck waiting for a door or waiting for freight when driver "B,C,D,E,F,G etc" hit the dock and receive the freight quicker.
I highly doubt they are going make us do right turns only. It makes no sense with a tractor trailer. Some UPS Feeder drivers told me they don't do the right turns just the package drivers.
As long as you have nothing to hide and do things with safety in mind there is nothing to fear. This is great technology.

You better believe we aren't going to be as fast as the parcel drivers.
Why they can go down very narrow allyways,with low wires,and fire excapes.As well as parking in very small areas,
then a short jump,or step out the back of their little brown package vans.
Now we freight haulers aren't going to be able to do any of that.
Jumping out of our tractors in a dead run is very,very unsafe,I think we will get busted faster being unsafe then not crunching their numbers.

Which is one of the reason we will not be paid the same as the small pkg guys. Another reason is because our profit margins are smaller, another is because it will cost UPS roughly the same amount as they purchased us for to bring us close to competing with FedEx, Conway, etc....another is the 6.1BILLION they just paid to get out of a bankrupt Central States pension fund. Pension deal was good for all of us, but 6.1 BILLION will hurt us on having the same wages as small pkg group.

Billions to us working slugs is a whole lot of money.
To UPS its only pocket change,with all the money their operation generates each year.

Say does anybody know if UPS has different numbers for the winter season in the northern terminals?

Walking fast in snow with ice under it isn't the most healthiest practise.

Plus its going to take a bit more time for you to get up after your feet go out from under you.

You think UPS will give their northern terminals some more time to do everything when the snow starts flying around here?
NOT!!!:hysterical:

This is how drivers dig their own graves. At UPS you should always use the methods. Do it their way and DO NOT take short cuts. If you take short cuts they will know and your reward will be more work!:Rulz:Can help you if you know them, FOLLOW them and make them YOUR friend.

You know what maybe I don't mind UPS making us like their parcel division as long as they are willing to give us the same pay,and benefits.

How about the old saying you get what you pay for.
If we are getting less then parcel,we should be able to get away with doing less work,and do our routes safe,instead of number crunching.

Come on now UPS get with the program,bring us all up to speed on your economic package,and then maybe we will be willing to step up the pace of our work day.
Apo,
Some of us who have paid attention over the years how UPS operates knew that things like this would eventually come. The thing is, they'll scream safety if you get hurt but scream faster if you aren't making "their" numbers for them. It's a catch-22 all the way around. It won't get better....it will get worse. Sorry, but I think it's the truth. It looks like the crunch is beginning. a few of the old O guys laughed last year and said "Bring it on"........I think they took our warnings as threats to join the Union. It wasn't. It was just us trying to educate the O workers on what to expect from UPS. Just be safe and do the best you can.

This is how drivers dig their own graves. At UPS you should always use the methods. Do it their way and DO NOT take short cuts. If you take short cuts they will know and your reward will be more work!:Rulz:Can help you if you know them, FOLLOW them and make them YOUR friend.

Well just think, if you accidentally throw your diad out the window, you could be in the same spot all day, that is hardley effecient.:hysterical:

Apo,
Some of us who have paid attention over the years how UPS operates knew that things like this would eventually come. The thing is, they'll scream safety if you get hurt but scream faster if you aren't making "their" numbers for them. It's a catch-22 all the way around. It won't get better....it will get worse. Sorry, but I think it's the truth. It looks like the crunch is beginning. a few of the old O guys laughed last year and said "Bring it on"........I think they took our warnings as threats to join the Union. It wasn't. It was just us trying to educate the O workers on what to expect from UPS. Just be safe and do the best you can.

I will be honest dude, I was one of those people, but I must say with all sarcasm aside you are 100% correct, even though brownies is union, they still move as if though they have fire under thier arse.

I still say our Diad will make a adequate wheel chock.
You just got to remember to throw it back in your cab before you get going again.

Now that I've been reamed out for not crunching enough numbers.
I'm still going to go with one of my famous sayings:Its fast to go slower,then it is to make out an accident report.

Not crunching the numbers get me a stern talk from my TM,but getting in wreaks can cause me to kiss my CDL bye,bye.
So I'll take the tongue lashing any day.
My CDL is to hard to try and get back when I get out of jail for running over some poor soul.

Apo
Haven't been w/ Buster Freight long enough probably, to compare it to before when it was "O" BUT!!!
I like yourself, have been around this game for a few years.
Apo, when we started, If we could see the future, How many of the changes that have occured would we welcome. ? My guess is next to none.
Remember "wildcat strikes" ??? One union member was all it took to yell "strike" and the entire terminal was shut down until the "isssue" was resolved.Now the "issue" is greived, talked about, sometimes litigated,and eventually resolved in a poltically correct and "for the common good" mannner.
I was in a lecture the other day totally unrelated to work, the subject was "Changes". The speaker made the point there are three "R" 's as far as employees are concerned when it comes to change. RESIST, RESOLVE, REINVENT.
Some employees RESIST the change, some RESOLVE to go with the flow and do "whatever it takes" to get through, and some help REINVENT, the way things are being done so, as a whole, everyone benefits. I guess the point I'm trying to make is This aint your fathers Oldsmobile, and we may not like it BUT. It is what it is. This is where we are. That does not mean that we must fail to continue to struggle on a daily basis for the fair and equitiable treatment,that as employees we deserve , but we must temper that with the knowledge that it is a ever changing, and more competetive envrionment that we toil in.
Let us not curse the darkness, but instead light a candle as to lead us into the next days light
Take Care
B Safe
:1036316054:

I understand the lecture was not work related and the resist and resolve topics I understand. The REINVENT thing is horse pucky here at UPS freight these mental midgets can't understand mileage is = to hours driving or mtys on mtys dosen't make money or a road guy standing around with thumb up his ... for free makes a unhappy employee and when yo6u try to help them understand you get "you don't see the big picture". Stop trying to reinvent the wheel!

The delays only help them out when their numbers are due. That why they push and push they want their numbers inline with what someone in Atlanta or Virginia decide how long it should take. The want a 1000lbs delivery to take no more than 15min and if its on a pallet then half that time. I laugh at their numbers yes one day that delivery could take five minutes that is if you drop on the street and the unloader is ready to go but if you got to back in to a dock then walk around to the entrance then get someone to unload sign then close back the trailer the walk back around and leave it takes time and that is what they dont understand and possibly never will. The offices are full of people who have never or would never get in the truck and see how long it generally takes. We here have learned the majic phrase "Its not safe" youll be amazed at what it can do for your peace of mind

Quita alot different from parcels method of "leave it on the door step, ring the bell, then get the hell out of there". By the time someone answers the door , the brown truck is way down the street. Except when they have a C.O.D. package, then they leave a door knocker in the crack of your door, hen scoot. Always claiming they never got an answer when they knocked.

As far as dropping our freight off at house deliveries when nobdy is home like the parcel drives can do.
Well most of there packages are small,and not to costly.
Freight on the other hand is heavier,and more expensive.
So thats why we need some one home ,or next door to sign off on our deliveries.

I heard some where,and some time ago if a parcel goes missing when the parcel drivers toss their deliveries,in plan sight,at a house,then get going without a signature.
they may have the cost of it come out of their pay check.
Now I don't know if thats true or not.
Just maybe somebody messing with me?

I still say our Diad will make a adequate wheel chock.
You just got to remember to throw it back in your cab before you get going again.

diadchockec6.jpg

Hey Apo! Your Right!:smilie_132::hide:

We got our last names on stickers at the top of our terminals Diads.
So if this was a picture of mine,my last name would be visable on the top.

But if you place the Diad laying down it may hold the wheels from rolling a lot better then the way you have it standing up.

When did you have time to set this subject up,and take a picture?

Its hard for me to find the time to get in my half hour lunch during my route deliveries.

Looks like somebody needs some new tires and rims.

You're not kidding!:1036316054:
You know how many times I've written those bald mis-matched tires up? I've given up already.
You should see the front tires. Big chunk of rubber missing.
I bet UPS would be pissed to see equipment representing them like this. I know I am.