TForce | Yikes whats going on?The more I talk to don't like UPS.

Well just white out the Diad,and forward your picture to our safety department with a little note explaning how long you've been writting up this condition.
I bet you will get replacements in short order.

Apostolic said:
We got our last names on stickers at the top of our terminals Diads.
So if this was a picture of mine,my last name would be visable on the top.
We had our last names on them 6 months ago. My sticker name is on there, I just made sure it wouldn't show up on the picture

Apostolic said:
But if you place the Diad laying down it may hold the wheels from rolling a lot better then the way you have it standing up.
You are correct. I did that for aesthetic reasons.

Apostolic said:
When did you have time to set this subject up,and take a picture?
Its hard for me to find the time to get in my half hour lunch during my route deliveries.
I always have my camera phone on me. I was waiting for a door when I thought about your post. I figured I might as well take a picture.

diadchockec6.jpg

Hey Apo! Your Right!:smilie_132::hide:

:hysterical::hysterical

As far as dropping our freight off at house deliveries when nobdy is home like the parcel drives can do.
Well most of there packages are small,and not to costly.
Freight on the other hand is heavier,and more expensive.
So thats why we need some one home ,or next door to sign off on our deliveries.

I heard some where,and some time ago if a parcel goes missing when the parcel drivers toss their deliveries,in plan sight,at a house,then get going without a signature.
they may have the cost of it come out of their pay check.
Now I don't know if thats true or not.
Just maybe somebody messing with me?

That actually is true in some cases. If UPS can show that you were neglient and not following the methods you could be charged for the package, this is also true with COD's. I've personally is happen at least a dozen times. So the solution is to slow down and do it right or pay the price.

WOW I thought the parcel driver that shared that out of pocket paying for lost packages was just a load of hog wash?

But since I had him tell me that I don't take any chances.
When some one isn't around to sign off on a delivery,I leave a note for them to call us for a delivery appoinment.
Because I get a signature on my DR,or the delivery goes back to the terminal.

Hey DOCKWORKER it is easy to get tires put on your trailer refuse to pull it as it is unsafe. Remember if you think that it is unsafe then it is we ase drivers have the right not to pull or drive any unsafe peace of equipment. And if all else fails you no bolts and nail do get in tires but make sure they or not in the same place on all tires. Not saying that I have done it but I have goor tires on my truck and evey trailer I pull or I go the shop and have them replaced before I leave the yard. LOL

On a side note over the years of being a truck driver I take pride in what I do for a living think about it not everybody can do whay we do day in and out. On the average we gross out around being city driver around thirty tons. And we do this on a regular bases day to day and safely. Also I give not a hundred percent a day I give a hundred and ten pecent not for the company but for my customers after all they our what keeps us employed. I no this sounds like I am grandstanding but hey I was raised to give a days work for a days pay if our present owners have a problem with that then so be it. I like most of you have alot of pride in myself and what i do for a living and some times reading post from others I get the feeling that they have forgotten this. We as truck drivers or a elite group of people so take pride in your self.

On a side note over the years of being a truck driver I take pride in what I do for a living think about it not everybody can do whay we do day in and out. On the average we gross out around being city driver around thirty tons. And we do this on a regular bases day to day and safely. Also I give not a hundred percent a day I give a hundred and ten pecent not for the company but for my customers after all they our what keeps us employed. I no this sounds like I am grandstanding but hey I was raised to give a days work for a days pay if our present owners have a problem with that then so be it. I like most of you have alot of pride in myself and what i do for a living and some times reading post from others I get the feeling that they have forgotten this. We as truck drivers or a elite group of people so take pride in your self.

I for one agree with your post. Everyday I too give 100% or better to make sure my customers get the best service possible. They are the ones who put food on my table and clothes on my back. When someone smashes up my freight, or the companies freight for that matter I get pissed. They are taking the money out of our wallets. America in general should try a little harder at performing their jobs with professionalism and pride. Maybe that would help curve the trend of national outsourcing!!!

Hey DOCKWORKER it is easy to get tires put on your trailer refuse to pull it as it is unsafe. Remember if you think that it is unsafe then it is we ase drivers have the right not to pull or drive any unsafe peace of equipment. And if all else fails you no bolts and nail do get in tires but make sure they or not in the same place on all tires. Not saying that I have done it but I have goor tires on my truck and evey trailer I pull or I go the shop and have them replaced before I leave the yard. LOL
Thank you for the tips. I know I will be pushing the issue come winter.
I like the bolts, nails idea. :hide: