XPO | Yo Boys & Girls I found the Conway story on one of my internet snoops.

looks a little like an editorial to me. The Con-Ways were started in the pre-deregulation days addressing the need for regional LTL to service the J.I.T. (just in time) methodology that was emerging everywhere in manufacturing. Deregulation allowed the merging of territories. Equipment was never mixed in the early days... all separate companies. The equipment was the same because it worked... there was no exit plan to roll equipment back into CF upon failure. CEX and CCX did not merge, CEX was shut down and after a cooling-off period CCX expanded east.

And ten years later they take what ever they want from non represented drivers, and they should be happy they have a job.....just like the other third world employees!

Continuing down memory lane,back in the day, all of the trucking equipment had their brands painted on.
So then the painted brands had to be painted over when the equipment was disposed of.

Then some where down the line someone came up with the bright idea of tape.
Now days all it takes is a blow torch or a hair dryer to dry the glue up on the back of the tape,to remove any brands.

I am old enough to remember when the Consolidated Freight tractors and trailers were all painted.
And some of their trailers had painted signs riveted on the trailers.

However when Conway came into the picture,all of their equipment were tape.

And believe it or not, there was a time when most fleets trucks weren't white, even CF had green tractors back in the day. Can anybody explain it, is white just the cheapest paint or what? It can't be appearance because they look like crap.

And believe it or not, there was a time when most fleets trucks weren't white, even CF had green tractors back in the day. Can anybody explain it, is white just the cheapest paint or what? It can't be appearance because they look like crap.

Pretty much any vehicle you buy nowadays is 'standard' white. Any other color you order with that vehicle is considered an option. Same with the standard black frame.

White looks better with dirt on it. Its a fact, no other colors look as good when they get dirty, especially at night. Have you ever had a dark colored car, if you don't constantly wash and wax it, it looks like ::shit::.