York PA.,A UPS Ground Contractor crashed into a moving Train/driver says sun did it.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Train, tractor-trailer crash in West Manchester Township - The York Daily Record

20110124__web_012411-pmk-train0.jpg

A Harley-Davidson contracted to UPS Ground? I don't get it. I might get it if it was FedEx Ground, but not UPS Ground. It is either UPS or UPS Freight. I have never heard of UPS Ground.

I don't know myself,seeing I'm a retired UPS Freight city driver.
This was a new one on me as well my friends.
However I just copy and paste these news links,so I don't know any more than what is in the reports.

UPS Ground Freight, of Ft. Wayne, Ind
Must be what UPS is calling the non-union part of UPS freight now. HD trucks say "Operated by UPS Freight" on the sleepers.

I don't buy the "sun in my eyes":::shit::: either.

I don't get it either, the gates are up or down! It must be UPS LOGISTICS. Who knows anymore?

IF that is the crossing that I am thinking of on Steamboat Ave(HD has a warehouse there), I don't think there are gates, just lights. I'll check next time I P/U at Ameriold.

The driver kind of looks like Larry the cable guy:6788:.....Trains are nothing to mess with.:mf_swordfight: They win every time!!!:TR10driving03:

IF that is the crossing that I am thinking of on Steamboat Ave(HD has a warehouse there), I don't think there are gates, just lights. I'll check next time I P/U at Ameriold.

This happened on the west side of town, near Kinard Trucking.

The article states that there are warning lights but no gates at the crossing.

It is a non-union logistics division of UPS Freight which is growing at leap and bounds.
Most of the trucks say UPS Freight "TRUCKLOAD" trucks formerly were lettered Worldwide Dedicated Logistics.
They handle many, very large Fortune 500 companies i.e. Harley Davidson, Chiqiuta Banana,Advance Auto Parts etc etc.
The drivers are all handled thru numerous different driver leasing companies throughout the country, as to avoid any possibility
of union organizing.
I know I work for one of its dedicated accounts.

Follow up FYI...The reason "GROUND" was mentioned is that the trucks are registered as / UPS GROUND FREIGHT INC. checked my registration today, as I knew I had seen something with "GROUND" in it somewhere.

Gee thanks snoman2424 for the FYI.
If you don't mind me asking you sound like you are a UPS Ground employee?
If so hows it going?

Driver was cited: for not obeying signals indicating the approach of a train.
So what, pray tell, amount of negative points, as per csa2010, does such goofiness accumulate??
--traveling South with Sun glare(?) meant the Visor was unuseable or not available?--
Had there been a gate (arm) or 2, would the driver have crashed through because of glare??

So MANY drivers claim external reasons/attributes for/causing their stupid accidents and wrecks where the fault generally originates in the void separating the ears.