FedEx Freight | you are being observed

MrFxFw :1036316054:

Don't you think that CLC should post on our kiosk screen every time somebody gets fired for "speeding" violation so that others can learn from their mistakes. Otherwise we can have 20 or 30 drivers fired before the word gets out.
:smilie_132:

Not going to happen. They'll cite privacy and morale concerns.

Jeff:hide:

Drivers should be more concerned about who is watching them while they are at thier home terminals and at other terminals as well. :wink1:

They can follow me all they want! those who can drive,DRIVE! Those who can't, become Dispatchers,Center Managers,Observers ,not to mention "ATA Members",and they all make stupid rules for Drivers to follow...!

42, 10-4, WELL PUT!!!! I couldn't agree more skidmark.

According to the Safety Director for FXFW no line driver in the West has been disciplined for any of the observations. I do know of, and have talked to 1 driver who was observed doing 71 mph. The only problem with this is that he was on very flat ground at the time. With the tractors governed at 64.5 mph it leaves a great deal of doubt about the accuracy and honesty of those involved in the monitoring. At this time we have no protection from any false information sent to FedEx about our driving. It would appear no matter how safe and legal you are driving, when a report is filed about you, it is gospel, even if you prove beyond a shadow of doubt it is false.

According to the Safety Director for FXFW no line driver in the West has been disciplined for any of the observations. I do know of, and have talked to 1 driver who was observed doing 71 mph. The only problem with this is that he was on very flat ground at the time. With the tractors governed at 64.5 mph it leaves a great deal of doubt about the accuracy and honesty of those involved in the monitoring. At this time we have no protection from any false information sent to FedEx about our driving. It would appear no matter how safe and legal you are driving, when a report is filed about you, it is gospel, even if you prove beyond a shadow of doubt it is false.

:toxic: Trash...the tractors are governed anywhere from 64-68, depending upon several factors...as for protection...do the speed limit and don't worry about it. I'm so tired of drivers getting tickets in ca for 65 in a 55, claiming they were doing 40. Truck drivers love to speed! That's the fact jack!

Jeff:biglaugh:

If you get a warning for running over the governor going down hill, claim that you were doing alternative fuel research (gravity) and ask for a grant:biglaugh:

It's funny the person(s) who usually distance themselves from rumor the loudest are indeed the virus of many rumors. Enough said. Make jokes of the rumors perhaps your not to far from the source. Pull the driver's mirror in and take a look.

2 drivers in the west have recieved written warnings. I talked to 1 of them LAST NIGHT and he said "bull!! I have the paper right here"that safety dir.. IS very WRONG!!!!!!

2 drivers in the west have recieved written warnings. I talked to 1 of them LAST NIGHT and he said "bull!! I have the paper right here"that safety dir.. IS very WRONG!!!!!!

Did he offer you a copy of the letter???

Everyone I've challenged backed off when asked for a copy.

Jeff:hysterical:

Being followed

Pretty soon they wont need to follow you they will just track every move you make with the new EOBR's and they will know exactly how fast you are going and where you are at, at all times.
But the thing is now if you are in compliance then you have nothing to worry about.
You see, if you do all you can to be at one with the rules then there are no rules because you are so much apart of them that it is of no concern to you.
I don't work for FedEx I work for Jesus so I always do my best before Him and everyone else comes after that.

So be it.

Homeland Security wants commerical driivers to report any suspicious activity when it comes to being followed by an unknown person or persons . A call to the Highway Patrol would result the car being pulled over and questioned even though it's a company observer , how do i know as a driver who has been following me . This day and time we need to keep an eye on whoever they following you . Keep this in mind especially if they are tailgating you , very unsafe to do this practice .

who is mrfxfw? he sounds like an out of touch wannabe expert on something or another. "Put up or shut up"? How about conducting yourself without such anger ....whomever. I'm hopefully nowhere you drive with that anger.
You sure can talk down to people with your comments. Just my opinion. take it easy.
I have never met a man who knows all......sheesh!

Oh believe me we have several members here that THINK they do.
:hide:

You would be one of those? read a study the other day...55% of all truck accidents are the trucks fault. 87% of those accidents, the driver is directly at fault, by way of speeding, tailgating or falling asleep.

Yet all the rocket scientists on this board claim drivers can do no wrong, and the company has no right to use EOBR's, Vorad, or outside monitors to force the drivers to quit being children, and earn a paycheck by being professional.

We're paid a lot of money by most people's standard, we should earn it by doing the job right.

Jeff

Well all I can say is that MrFxFw maybe the nicest person in the company but from his actions he must be an angry little fellow.
MrFxFw please calm down, this is only a drivers message board not statstics fabricated to impress or antimidate anyone.
Sir you are getting nowhere with your west co workers. Good day