FedEx Freight | You Are Worthless

In reply to the part bolded I have to say that I agree that city drivers that have much less seniority than other city drivers who have the 4/10's and are not being laid off and getting their 40 plus OT does make the company look very bad.
When the time came to bid these routes the company should have mentioned that these drivers would be given priority over city drivers with more seniority when and if their were layoff's. Obviously it is a source of animosity between the drivers with more seniority who are not working. I mean why would it not be? I think it is just plain wrong that a city driver with 5+ years is home babysitting the phone while a driver with maybe 1-2 years is working and getting ALL their hours plus overtime.

As for everything else you have said, well obviously you have had enough and you are pissed. You can either hang in there and see if you are one of the ones laid off and take your 3K severance and move on. Or you can move on now and put FedEx behind you.

On another note, I know several drivers that have said screw this, filed bankruptcy, gotten other jobs and have just moved on.

Good luck driver and hope your rant and vent made you feel better somewhat.

simply put, you mean nothing to this company. they always have, and always will make things up as they go along, to suit their almighty dollar. what makes things worse is that the men and women that are drivers in this company are such gutless backstabbing worms, that they would sell their mothers heart, just so they could pat themselves on the back for a minute. this company is laying off full time employees while part time workers still come in and work upwards of 25 to 30 hours a week. full time city drivers switch to 4/10's while road drivers have bottom men that are starving. why can there not be a company authorized four day work week on the road board. probably because most road drivers are such selfish a-holes that they would not stand for it unless it suited their purpose or liking. this company will lay off people that have been with us for years, and will keep some that have been here for months, based on current layoff policy. it should go by company seniority only, and if it so happens that the layoff needs to be on the road side, then they need to do a city rebalance and lay off from the bottom. is your terminal still paying for a cleaning person to come in? are the lazy half-assed self important self entitled road drivers city drivers and dock workers dragging their feet and treating the freight like crap? are we still paying other companies to haul our freight? are we still sending out feel good "DISPATCH" articles full of sunshine and rainbows and politically correct sweet southern bull-crap? or for once will one of these half men down in corporate remember to bring their balls into work with them and tell it like it is. camera systems??? nascar teams??? CD's with that ridiculous Barney Freight.... I hope this house of cards falls down at your feet and you suffer and worry just like the rest of us.

Uh oh, you done went down the wrong road, never look a gift horse in the mouth, is that how it goes..I for one was tickled to death to get a friday or monday, didn't make me one bit of difference, work is work, I felt if a guy took off on a friday, gave up his money for me, that it was my blessing, I'm not an employee here anymore, due to lack of work so I'll bow out now and watch. :popcorn:

Perhaps in my tizzy i went slightly down the road of being a little misunderstood. allow me to be a bit more clear as to what i truly mean on this particularly sensitive topic because in fact yes, i am very grateful to anyone that is willing to sacrifice essentially 200 or more dollars of their money for someone else. the basic theme of what i am trying to say is this. say your terminal has 50 drivers total. well now lets say that 10 of them are line haul and that one of them is an extra board. (and to add to the plot, that extraboard has been with the company 10 years, but due to a recent transfer, is a bottom feeder) the point im trying to make here is that in a tough situation such as the one we are in, when the company, fails to take care of their employees properly, you have a group of 10 men, all doing what some consider to be the undesirable part of the job, who should for all intents and purposes have one anothers backs unconditionally. (Now maybe Im wrong, but this is how I feel, and used to act towards the, ehem cough cough MEN that I work with) So how is it that this "band of brothers" since we're quoting television shows now, will sit back on their fat comfortable asses and let the last guy suck his thumb? rotating days off? 4/10? im sure some men need all the money they can make, and then some. and i would not slight anyone their daily bread. but lets face it, at least 5 out of 10 of them, making 70k a year, dont really need to work everyday, whether its mon. tue. wed. thur. or YES FRIDAY!! so yes, i say woah to you my brother, I laugh and **** on you and your plight, for i shall only take off what ever day suits me, for i am but a selfish pig, a fat pig, a fat greedy pig. a fat greedy selfish pig. i know who the good guys are, and i know who the greedy selfish child-pigs are. does that make anything any clearer? indeed, thank you my brothers. yes i did live in the delusion of we had each others back, but from what ive seen, from the people i should count on, its all for one, and one for one! in case that was a little highbrow for you, ill dumb it up a little. See now, what ya got is 5 days a work, and ya aint workin 5 of them 5 days. well now if everyone wants to have that friday off, well now that leaves uhhhhhh four(?) ya four days that ya aint workin. one day off per week per driver, which means by the laws of statistics, cannot all be friday. hope I dun cleared that road up fer ya "BROTHER".

Like I said ....prison rules. Now get'on out there and work that chain. Them big money drivers dont like to be held up....BTW keep it up "Big Money" and pretty soon your fat old asses will be breaking and loading your own G-D freight while us bottomfeeders move on.

Well there Tin My 6'1" 195 Lb FA has just put in 6-1/2 years of dock work to get a 500 + mile run so I don't have to work the dock. And while I was working the dock I easily exceeded the 6.0 BPH that is company requirement. So if I have to as you put it:
"pretty soon your fat old asses will be breaking and loading your own G-D freight"
Oh well more cash in my pocket. Put in your time like everybody else has and good things will happen!
Oh yeah keep a positive outlook on things as well is a big help to!:smilie_132:

!!

Sorry buddy, you got the title all wrong. Perhaps you intended it to read: ''I Am Worthless'' From all you've written it's clear you may well be just that...... Just a theory.

That's kind of harsh. But then, you may be one of the many new redshirts that have joined the board lately.

If that's the case, I understand.

SSG, I won't quote the ridiculously long post but I will say this...you need not dumb anything up for me, don't think for a minute that with 7 years I wished I could take my rightful place, maybe your peers don't like you, People are greedy by nature, its rare to meet a man that will give up everything, most men will give up some, but everyone wants something in return, I always made it a point to thank the guys that took off, even if it wasn't their run I got, I was grateful for what I got, I hate that makes you angry.
Come on over to foodservice, we are busy, you will earn your money though, I promise you that!!

Screwsogood, I can halfway understand what you're going through man. I been doing this for 4 years, sitting by the phone from jan. to long after easter. you get a little more used to it but you dont look forward to it. The first year was the worst, I had no idea guys had to take off for me to make a living but I wised up after that one. I figure it will take me another 4 to 7 years of this before I'm safe, provided I dont get cut off soon. Dont want that to happen because I know that it is the best damned job I'll ever had. Just tough it out any way you can especially if you're young. Everybody vents sometime, been known to myself. Apologies H20 I had a bad day, got my period late. Hooty venting out.

Screwsogood, I can halfway understand what you're going through man. I been doing this for 4 years, sitting by the phone from jan. to long after easter. you get a little more used to it but you dont look forward to it. The first year was the worst, I had no idea guys had to take off for me to make a living but I wised up after that one. I figure it will take me another 4 to 7 years of this before I'm safe, provided I dont get cut off soon. Dont want that to happen because I know that it is the best damned job I'll ever had. Just tough it out any way you can especially if you're young. Everybody vents sometime, been known to myself. Apologies H20 I had a bad day, got my period late. Hooty venting out.

Everyone needs to vent, I would like to vent about my trailers being to full, having to many stops, working 13 hours on a 100 mile local run, how it makes my back ache, with the horrible loads we get from the LIT warehouse, all the digging, I think at least twice a day.."I want to just give up", then I think about my friends at fedex, guys I have known and worked with for a long time, they just wouldn't understand if I complained about to much work, I remember I'm lucky, even if I don't think I can get up out of bed for one more day, I do, it hurts like heck, but at least I am paying the bills...my prayers to all of you..God Bless!!

GT

Not enough work

Everyone needs to vent, I would like to vent about my trailers being to full, having to many stops, working 13 hours on a 100 mile local run, how it makes my back ache, with the horrible loads we get from the LIT warehouse, all the digging, I think at least twice a day.."I want to just give up", then I think about my friends at fedex, guys I have known and worked with for a long time, they just wouldn't understand if I complained about to much work, I remember I'm lucky, even if I don't think I can get up out of bed for one more day, I do, it hurts like heck, but at least I am paying the bills...my prayers to all of you..God Bless!!

GT

GT
I did you a favor, called your boss and told him you were on here complaining about not having enough work. He said no problem, we will add some more stops to him, few more hundred miles a day. He said he didn't want to see any of his drivers going hungry from not enough work. Enjoy your workout.:biglaugh:

GT
I did you a favor, called your boss and told him you were on here complaining about not having enough work. He said no problem, we will add some more stops to him, few more hundred miles a day. He said he didn't want to see any of his drivers going hungry from not enough work. Enjoy your workout.:biglaugh:

Dear rodedawg,

Boss just called, said you dimed me out, I have 5 stops on tues and 4 on fri, that pushes the case count up to 750 on tues and nearly 800 on fri thanks for screwing up my fridays, he must have contacted the sales force because it seems I have another new customer each week, thats great and all but we still have to be able to service them, no one likes to get a delivery at 1800, in the middle of the dinner rush, thanks again dawg!!

Your friend,

GT

That's kind of harsh. But then, you may be one of the many new redshirts that have joined the board lately.

If that's the case, I understand.

I hope they change the shirt color again soon.... It should cost extra for us to be on the boards.. don't ya think?

Geez Frank... lets go get a beer, talk about this.. :beerchug:

Well there Tin My 6'1" 195 Lb FA has just put in 6-1/2 years of dock work to get a 500 + mile run so I don't have to work the dock. And while I was working the dock I easily exceeded the 6.0 BPH that is company requirement. So if I have to as you put it:
"pretty soon your fat old asses will be breaking and loading your own G-D freight"
Oh well more cash in my pocket. Put in your time like everybody else has and good things will happen!
Oh yeah keep a positive outlook on things as well is a big help to!:smilie_132:

Really, I'm happy for you, well around here 6 1/2 years isn't long enough to earn you more than a 70 mile run (round trip)and 6 hours on the dock (if you have actually built enough seniority to not be bumped and very recently turned at the window). If that wasn't B.S. enough we've suddenly started canceling these biggest piece of crap runs and forcing the "peons" who have been just barely getting by "and trying to pay their dues" to the couch. I've payed my dues on the dock plenty and a 500 mile run is not even within reach for our #2 driver, I think he's been here 20 years...so pat yourself on the back Hero for being at the right place at the right time and try to understand those of us who through no fault of our own havent been. You are making in 1 night what some of us are only being allowed to earn all week, even though we have almost as much time in as you and the same qualifications. The only difference is that we could probably do it better.
Also at 6'1 and 195 lbs. dont be so proud of yourself for exceeding the minimum standards. Only being able to move 6 BPH should be an insult even if your 5'10" and 300 lbs. For christ's sake your not doing moving and storage...or only using a pallet jack. If that is anyones personal target they should be ashamed, or better yet kicked to the curb so those of us who know how to work the dock can.
I mean no attack towards you or anyone else who has found fortune at FXF, Its the only goal I used to have. You just need to understand that even though we all wear the same uniform, the "dues" we have to pay are not equal, and the B.S. that I or someone else may be facing right now is probably something you never had to deal with in your short 6 1/2 yrs.
Just you wait though, the re-configuration is'nt over yet. Don't be surprised when just after you get your 7th year in, they close your bid HUB, open a new one up 40 miles away from your domicile and thats the bid you and 5-10 others are forced into.....It does, and for some of us has happened, and with only a couple of weeks notice. Maybe that'll wipe off that smirk and give ya a little of the pressure and understanding.....big guy.

in case you havent heard its about the almighty dollar. The company does care about us. But its number 1 goal is to make a profit. Its economics 101. Why are road drivers lazy???? Ive run the road for almost 18 yrs. Im working 4 days a week and even three days so our xtra board can work, and you call us selfish a**holes. You are making a statement without knowing the facts. You need to get the facts before you post..

DONT THINK HE WAS MEANING ALL ROAD DRIVERS.THE ONES RUNNING 600 MILE RUNS 5 DAYS A WEEK PLUS SATURDAY I THE ONE'S I HOPE HE WAS TALKING ABOUT:Duel:

:duh:There should be NO SUPPLEMENTAL's... OUR OWN PEOPLE (bottom city,road, layed off) should be working in/out bound. PERIOD.

I AGREE 100% LIKE I SAID IN MY POST AGREE OR DISAGREE WHY IS A 12,13,14 YEAR MAN GETTING LAYED OFF WHEN A 1,2,3,OR 4 YEAR MAN GETS TO KEEP HIS JOB. AF/FEDEX ALWAYS SAID LAYOFFS BYE COMPANY SENORITY. NEVER INTILL NOW HAVE THEY SAID JOB CLASS THEN COMPANY GOES TO SHOW CORPORATE AMERICA CAN CHANGE THINGS BEHIND YOUR BACK THEN AND THEN ONLY WILL U C THE NEW RULES THEY DECIDE TO COME UP WITH :bowdown: :duh:

I agree they make up the rules as they go. And they should go by company seniority. If the part timers wern't here that would change things????????. Starving people out is another FEDEX Bull$%&* move.
Please give us more purchase vans. Thats really helping things.