Central Transport | You cant fix stupid...

CrazyDriver

TB Lurker
Credits
Night before last there was a driver that pulled a van out of dallas without doing a pretrip, not even a walk around. Driver got to his meet only for his meet driver to discover that the duals and hub were gone off the back axle on one side. He pulled the trailer for 80 miles without a hub and tires! Is this stupidity, or just plain laziness, or both?? Turns out the trailer was red tagged and duals were out behind the little storage building... Driver is suspended pending investigation... Anybody else have any other interesting stories?

Night before last there was a driver that pulled a van out of dallas without doing a pretrip, not even a walk around. Driver got to his meet only for his meet driver to discover that the duals and hub were gone off the back axle on one side. He pulled the trailer for 80 miles without a hub and tires! Is this stupidity, or just plain laziness, or both?? Turns out the trailer was red tagged and duals were out behind the little storage building... Driver is suspended pending investigation... Anybody else have any other interesting stories?
I Think driver didn't do pretrip but red tag fell off. Need to put up barbwire fence to keep red tag equipment. Never mind It would all be behind barbwire.... lol

I'm sure if he gets whacked, everyone will say the TM had it out for him. Right pops? Lol

Suspended pending investigation really is there way of hanging you out to dry until all of your paychecks have been used up and hoping you will quit.

How about driving the same tractor for a week and a half with the left rear inside completely flat? Or pulling off dock door and head on down the street with trailer door open? Or saying that you brought in a "good" trailer only to find out landing gear was broken, tire was flat, annual inspection expired. I could go on. This was just last week!!! Numerous accounts of drivers failing to pre-trip and post-trip equipment, and yet somehow it is always the company's fault.

I Think driver didn't do pretrip but red tag fell off. Need to put up barbwire fence to keep red tag equipment. Never mind It would all be behind barbwire.... lol
No....I don't think a red tag was ever put on...Someone dropped the ball....They are saying the driver or hostler ripped it off....Not buying it.....sorry....More than the driver should have been fired. Lets start from the beginning...The trailer lost its 2 back wheels coming down Emerald st. about 1 mile from terminal....Just exited off 35East.....The bobtail had to go down and use the liftgate to pick those 2 tires up out of the middle of the street....Thank God they didn't fly off on the highway were many could have been killed. They babied it on in and stripped the trailer and put it on the back line and said they red tagged it.....Now this is Friday night remember. Why did the wheel come off in the first place?....Pretty simple ..Poor maintenence....Bearing grease gone causing the bearings to disintegrate and the wheels to come off the axle.The two back wheels still had their lugs intact. But another important question is why was it put back up to the dock Monday and loaded for the Wichita meet. Didn't the hostler notice it had two wheels missing and it being red tagged?....Why did the supervisors let it be loaded? Why would a linehaul driver rip the red tags off and not inspect the trailer. He deserved to be fired for not doing a pretrip....But why is everyone else getting a free pass. This driver is out of OKC and not Dallas so lets get that straight, not to say we don't have some real losers...Just want to get the facts straight. When he got to Marietta Ok. to meet the Wichita driver it was a real surprise....But whats more of a surprise to me is how he made it all the way to Oklahoma without being stopped by a Texas State Trooper.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about driving the same tractor for a week and a half with the left rear inside completely flat? Or pulling off dock door and head on down the street with trailer door open? Or saying that you brought in a "good" trailer only to find out landing gear was broken, tire was flat, annual inspection expired. I could go on. This was just last week!!! Numerous accounts of drivers failing to pre-trip and post-trip equipment, and yet somehow it is always the company's fault.

WTF is wrong with you? I can see driving a tractor with a flat until you get back to the terminal, but don't tell me you drove a tractor for a week and a half with a flat! Was that when you worked for Greg?

if it stays on the rim it is not really flat it is still in an upright posistion it has to come off and be on the ground for you to say it is flat plus you have 17 other one's right so your good to go i mean this is called you can't fix stupid right .

if it stays on the rim it is not really flat it is still in an upright posistion it has to come off and be on the ground for you to say it is flat plus you have 17 other one's right so your good to go i mean this is called you can't fix stupid right .

It's only flat on one side.

it is also OOS under FMCSA and both you and the company will get CSA points

Update: driver keeps his job with 1 week suspension. He will be back to work monday night. Also got a write up...

And...... ya 'all wonder why we have so many problems here,,,,,,,,,,,,,DUH............ if i was in charge,,,,,,,,,, no suspension, no investigations,,,,,,,,,,,,,termination!!!!!!!!!!

And...... ya 'all wonder why we have so many problems here,,,,,,,,,,,,,DUH............ if i was in charge,,,,,,,,,, no suspension, no investigations,,,,,,,,,,,,,termination!!!!!!!!!!
I won't give his name out of respect....But our linehaul drivers can't stand him....He's been here awhile so it surprises me he didn't do a pre-trip.

If our pay and benefits were anywhere near industry standard he could be replaced easily with an experienced linehaul driver. However, Vitran knows if they fire him they can only hire another driverof the same quality or less plus the trouble of training.

The reason OD or FEx or Holland etc will not tolerate this performance is because they plan on making money by being a top notch company not a discount service provider.

Read vitran's actions not their talk. Action is where the answers are.

Update: driver keeps his job with 1 week suspension. He will be back to work monday night. Also got a write up...
And everyone else gets a free pass.....HELLO.......That trailer should have never been loaded....And those tires coming off could have taken out a family of 6 on the highway....The lack of shops through out the Vitran system is insane...Bearings need to be checked....Do you guys not realize many people could have been killed? I cannot believe this place puts such little effort into safety.