Central Transport | You cant fix stupid...

If our pay and benefits were anywhere near industry standard he could be replaced easily with an experienced linehaul driver. However, Vitran knows if they fire him they can only hire another driverof the same quality or less plus the trouble of training.

The reason OD or FEx or Holland etc will not tolerate this performance is because they plan on making money by being a top notch company not a discount service provider.

Read vitran's actions not their talk. Action is where the answers are.

I don't care what anybody thinks about this company... DON"T WANT TO SEE ANY BODY KILL SOMEONE,from their neglect. PLEASE DO YOUR JOB!!!! maybe management will see they need to be responsible also.:ranting2:

And everyone else gets a free pass.....HELLO.......That trailer should have never been loaded....And those tires coming off could have taken out a family of 6 on the highway....The lack of shops through out the Vitran system is insane...Bearings need to be checked....Do you guys not realize many people could have been killed? I cannot believe this place puts such little effort into safety.
Safety is not first here....Where it ranks is anybodys guess.

safety ranks first when you talk to the insurance company, investors, and employees........... then when the door opens it is all about butt kissing and productivity.
Sad but true at this point in time.....But I don't think it will always be that way. Need a few more years to change.

Sad but true at this point in time.....But I don't think it will always be that way. Need a few more years to change.

took a few years to get here, gonna take a few years to get out (providing the cash keeps coming) i am calling it 50/50 on if we make it or not

I won't give his name out of respect....But our linehaul drivers can't stand him....He's been here awhile so it surprises me he didn't do a pre-trip.

I will Kilo Echo Lima Lima Yankee is a piece of crap! IF IF he is allowed back his meet driver is going to nit pick every trailer he brings him and advise line haul of all and any problem, it won't take long! Runaway how come you didn't intro yourself when I was at Dallas?

I will Kilo Echo Lima Lima Yankee is a piece of crap! IF IF he is allowed back his meet driver is going to nit pick every trailer he brings him and advise line haul of all and any problem, it won't take long! Runaway how come you didn't intro yourself when I was at Dallas?
His name is Kelly...Thats all you get.....And all the senior drivers know who I am......All you gotta do is ask. I won't post anything on here I won't say to their face....Whats the worse thing they can do.....Fire me? Don't do me any favors.....And they don't need to worry that I may sue. The difference between me and many on here is that I have a good set of balls.

His name is Kelly...Thats all you get.....And all the senior drivers know who I am......All you gotta do is ask. I won't post anything on here I won't say to their face....Whats the worse thing they can do.....Fire me? Don't do me any favors.....And they don't need to worry that I may sue. The difference between me and many on here is that I have a good set of balls.

OK. The funniest thing about being down in Dallas for a week is most of the drivers didn't know who I was, they just assumed I was from corp.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just took a massive $hit when I looked down to admire my handy work the turds floated around the bowl then formed the letter "V".......it going to be a good day tater!

Night before last there was a driver that pulled a van out of dallas without doing a pretrip, not even a walk around. Driver got to his meet only for his meet driver to discover that the duals and hub were gone off the back axle on one side. He pulled the trailer for 80 miles without a hub and tires! Is this stupidity, or just plain laziness, or both?? Turns out the trailer was red tagged and duals were out behind the little storage building... Driver is suspended pending investigation... Anybody else have any other interesting stories?
I have question. Why was the trailer even loaded and he given paperwork. Yes he is still an idiot but others seem to be too. Dallas seems to have head up the kazoo disease

I have question. Why was the trailer even loaded and he given paperwork. Yes he is still an idiot but others seem to be too. Dallas seems to have head up the kazoo disease

Well the terminal is just like the rest poorly lite. I really dont think any hostler driver at any terminal does a pretrip inspection before putting the trailer to the door. The missing duels were on the right side so he wouldn't have caught it while putting the clalk block down. If there was a red tag on the trailer and it blew off, rotted off or came apart due to weather where does the blame lie? If you really knew the driver that pulled the trailer than you wouldn't be pointing the finger at the terminal.

Thats what I have been trying to tell everyone....That trailer should have never been loaded....We have new red tags that are tough and have the wire that holds them on. It came in that Friday night and stayed on the yard until Monday when it left. There is no way that trailer was red tagged...That does not excuse the no pre-trip.....Everyone is passing the buck here....The hostler and supervisor dropped the ball...They want to put all the blame on the driver.....He was not the only one that was wrong.....Geezzzzzzz!!!!!! Another prime example of no accountability....It sickens me that several people here get a free pass.....They are not telling the truth about that trailer being red tagged.

a few years back a tm we had took the red tags off tractor's due to not enough tractors for one week everyday i broke down virs were not in tractor either it was internail motor problem with one lasted about 4 hrs broke down next electrical problem broke down in 2 hrs next day water pump broke down after about 7 hrs then tried to ask me what kind of pre trip i did before i left in the morning next day asked me to get something out of his office and right in plane view were the red tags grabbed them and gave them to him and asked what he was trying to pull he told me i was lucky he was in good mood or was going to write me up for going into office without permission changed his tone when is said lucky for you i made copy's of the red tags that were already in his hand. and said i'll either call or send them to pitt ,never heard a word about it after that. oh yeah brought a roll of tape out side when a headlight was hanging by pice of fiberglass and refused to take tractor he taped the thing and said now it's fixed drive it or go home asked him to sign my vir ripped it up and threw it on the ground and stormed into offfice i took the tractor and the pices of vir with me and that damn light never came loose all day long even when the rain came later that day.wish i knew what kind of tape it was or what brand.truck that day was missing bumper half of it other side was bent in a direction that can't be explained wind shield cracked one wiper that would only go half way and the formentioned taped light the truck looked like it lost a fight with a transformer what a ride that was. one coustomer said he would not even allow me to back into the dock.

Sadly managers have a different set of rules....They get away with sending that trailer out with no consequences...While the driver is made the total scapegoat.

WTF is wrong with you? I can see driving a tractor with a flat until you get back to the terminal, but don't tell me you drove a tractor for a week and a half with a flat! Was that when you worked for Greg?

It was not me. Another "Professional" Vitran associate. Yes, he did continue to drive his tractor with a flat in excess of 1 and 1/2 weeks. I do not know Greg.