You Can't Own A Taco Stand If You Are White Now

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Toby, May 24, 2017.

1. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

Portland pop-up burrito shop forced to close after being bombarded with accusations it was 'stealing Mexican culture"

"Two white women have been forced to close their pop-up burrito shop after they were accused of cultural appropriation.

Kali Wilgus and Liz 'LC' Connelly opened Kooks Burritos in Portland, Oregon, after taking a trip to Puerto Nuevo, Mexico, last December.

For the first few months, the weekend pop-up shop housed in an taco truck was a smash hit. It gained so much popularity, a local weekly newspaper decided to profile the entrepreneurial duo.

But that's when the trouble started for Wilgus and Connelly, after quotes they gave to the Williamette Week led to them being accused of stealing their success."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4538398/Burrito-shop-shuts-accused-stealing-culture.html

Looks like we should all stop making ethnic food then. I love to cook and I make it as authentic as possible. But by this insane train of thought we are all stealing now.

2. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

They didn't use enough rat and dog meat, not authentic.

Rastus likes this.
  3. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

I hate that slop. Mexicans can make sell it eat it and keep their culture, good for them.

buffalobill likes this.
  4. mud

mud Wonderin'

So if I'm hispanic, I can't have a perogi stand?

Toby likes this.
  5. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

French fries are next.

Toby and mud like this.