XPO | You Con-Way boys are alright

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
Got to say this is the best forum on here for viewing. Seems to be so much going on at everyone's terminal that catches my interest to read about. Sounds like a lot of management needs to be flushed down the toilet.

BTW: How's the CFI thing doing? Any of ya driving a T600 on your peddle run yet? :funky:

Got to say this is the best forum on here for viewing. Seems to be so much going on at everyone's terminal that catches my interest to read about. Sounds like a lot of management needs to be flushed down the toilet.

BTW: How's the CFI thing doing? Any of ya driving a T600 on your peddle run yet? :funky:

I'd have to agree with you. The Con-way forums have some of the most interesting topics.

Some of the new breed of managers coming out of mama Con-way have no clue how to manage effectively.

To many Chiefs not enough Indians at this outfit was there a long time . The new breed of managers have no respect for what it takes to p/u and deliver freight .It is all about the mighty dollar not treating your drivers like humans

To many Chiefs not enough Indians at this outfit was there a long time . The new breed of managers have no respect for what it takes to p/u and deliver freight .It is all about the mighty dollar not treating your drivers like humans

Its a symptom of having less and less people in management who ever had a CDL. When I was at orientation at the UGO I noticed several boneheaded ideas that never would have seen the light of day if anyone had any actual "boots on the ground" experience running a P&D peddle.

At the final Q&A session where you have the entire management team lined up I realized that of the ~12 people in front of me only has ever had a CDL.

Given that its a effectively a pay cut for a DSR to put on a white shirt this is not going to change anytime soon.

Hey redstapler you are right about that they are mostly college boy's most haven't work an honest day in there lives.Also the guy's that do get promoted are the biggest brown nosers around and don't seem to have any backbone just a bunch of drones for momma Con-Way and if you do get someone that cares eventualy they get turned to the dark side

I like my T.M. He is young and forgetfull but he is a real nice guy and tries real hard. He seems to have alot on his plate.

well,let start with the management then qc and follow up with the waste of weight and mesurement person to get free money ,just stay home and conway will send you the check in the mail to save them fuel.

Hey redstapler. You have to remember that these college trained numbskulls went to school so they could see the big picture, regardless of what company they work for. They know it all. How to drive better, work on the dock better, make better time, etc. That is, until they actually tr to do this job, then panic overwhelms them and all of a sudden, we are their "buddy".

Hey redstapler. You have to remember that these college trained numbskulls went to school so they could see the big picture, regardless of what company they work for. They know it all. How to drive better, work on the dock better, make better time, etc. That is, until they actually tr to do this job, then panic overwhelms them and all of a sudden, we are their "buddy".
With buddies like that who needs enemies?

i sure do enjoy these new gutless wonders. they all show with their smurks and beg you to **** them off. these little kids enjoy telling us how to operate our equipment. then these gutless fos's let drivers sit in trucks while people are waiting to go on their runs or p/d operation. best quote to date is my hours are from 7pm to 9am. u can have the truck when my shift is over. and they let him get away with this. fricken gutless supervisors

Got to say this is the best forum on here for viewing. Seems to be so much going on at everyone's terminal that catches my interest to read about.

Just for your information. CFI will be absorbed by Con-Way Truckload. That is NOT part of Con-Way Freight. So needless to say, we will never see any of their equipment.
It IS part of Con-Way... however, they will only pick up at FAC's and run longhaul runs for us...

Now, you may be confused by seeing Con-Way Freight running the same looking Volvo's as the current Con-Way Truckload (which is who we bought them from) but those have been re-branded as Con-Way Freight, same colors but different from the Con-Way Truckload logo. You do and will continue to see the Con-Way Freight Volvo's in P&D ops.

i sure do enjoy these new gutless wonders. they all show with their smurks and beg you to **** them off. these little kids enjoy telling us how to operate our equipment. then these gutless fos's let drivers sit in trucks while people are waiting to go on their runs or p/d operation. best quote to date is my hours are from 7pm to 9am. u can have the truck when my shift is over. and they let him get away with this. fricken gutless supervisors

Now c'mon, LDADALLAS don't sugarcoat it,tell us how you really feel. :hysterical:

Well the best thing I can advise, is if your load is ready, and your start time has begun, call linehaul and tell them that the driver and fos is delaying freight. maybe be late to the re-ship and tell them why. or if you are from LDA, let lord martin get wind of it. I guarentee that will come to a STOP. He moved all of uor L/H runs up so we are on time.

Its a symptom of having less and less people in management who ever had a CDL.

ththththmy-stapler-stavia.png

th2cb80a38.jpg

milton1a.jpg

Heck BillyLO you should see us when we get together at the strip joint! We are a bunch od gentlemen there too! We are still waiting for that driver- management football game. I got my family and friends from # 705 seats on the 50 yard line! :biglaugh: :hysterical: :hysterical: :1036316054: