Yellow | YOU got HOSED

mothertrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
look I know jobs were saved but to come back to these slave wages and compensation is funny :horse****: now management has us by the short and curleys

look I know jobs were saved but to come back to these slave wages and compensation is funny :horse****: now management has us by the short and curleys
Ok, it passed. Now what. At this point it seems like business as usual. I am aware that some are here just to argue with people online because there wives won't let them speak. However, instead of continuing to cut each others throats we should be focusing on how to make this contract more palletable for all. Find some solutions not keep bashing each other. Maybe focus on trying to talk to the Terminal Managers and Op. Managers in a civil way and let them know the bad decision they are making daily, (running city drivers over each other all day and backtracking a driver all day). I know,"they won't listen". If it is done with a calm dialogue rather than ranting and raving it might have a chance to happen. At this point if we look for ways to make the customers happy and work in a profitable way at least the next 5 years won't be for nothing.

Ok, it passed. Now what. At this point it seems like business as usual. I am aware that some are here just to argue with people online because there wives won't let them speak. However, instead of continuing to cut each others throats we should be focusing on how to make this contract more palletable for all. Find some solutions not keep bashing each other. Maybe focus on trying to talk to the Terminal Managers and Op. Managers in a civil way and let them know the bad decision they are making daily, (running city drivers over each other all day and backtracking a driver all day). I know,"they won't listen". If it is done with a calm dialogue rather than ranting and raving it might have a chance to happen. At this point if we look for ways to make the customers happy and work in a profitable way at least the next 5 years won't be for nothing.

are you7 saying the teamsters have not been doing these things and more the last 5 years ?
they have been and what good has it done .the problems are much bigger that just working hard for less .this start from the time and until they change thier greed ass ways nothing will change no matter how hard the teamsters work

What u all talking about. I got 750 bucks minus the 40% tax for my retirement. I thought that was a good deal, plus I get to kick in 10 grand a year for the survival of managements pay. Do ya think ill get an at a boy?

If we make slave wages then the whole industry is making slave wages
Put our pay and benefits next to anyone's
And you mean to tell me that in 2014 you would allow yourself to be treated as a slave
Is this the best you can do in your life, work somewhere where you feel so diminished
One thing about a slave he is shackled with the threat of run and you're dead
You are insulting not only us at yrc but all other employees at other carriers who make less than us but feel good about themselves supporting their families
I'm beginning to think that some of us aren't just mad at yrc, this issue has just allowed much deeper depresses feelings and hate for your own self to come to a head and now you got a forum to spew it to the world

"One thing about a slave he is shackled with the threat of run and you're dead"
wasnt that what you were told . vote no place closes you all starve because there are no other jobs

are you7 saying the teamsters have not been doing these things and more the last 5 years ?
they have been and what good has it done .the problems are much bigger that just working hard for less .this start from the time and until they change thier greed ass ways nothing will change no matter how hard the teamsters work

Anytime you continually focus on one thing in the past that has made you miserable the other person wins forever. You seem to be a person that eats, breaths, and sleeps misery. If YRC snapped everything back today you would immediately start griping about what you had lost in future ownings. Good luck with that.

$1700.00 a week and medical insurance that includes $0 prescription generics. Seems we don't work for the same employer if you're working for "slave wages & benefits"!

"Slave wages"?? seriously??? Have you looked around at what the other Trucking companies are paying? ... You know, the Companys that So many of the "no" voters were willing to go to........and accept less.....

now management has us by the short and curleys

Really?...... How so..?... Your free to go at anytime.......I'm sure no one will stop you.......

"One thing about a slave he is shackled with the threat of run and you're dead"
wasnt that what you were told . vote no place closes you all starve because there are no other jobs

We were told a "no" vote would result in closing.....seems that the majority agreed when it came down to the line...... But no one said we would "starve because there are no other jobs"... That must be something that you just made up... for some silly reason.....

no its what i read as excuses from the yes voters

I don't recall anybody starving, working for lower pay, with less vacation time I remember. I also remember it being said we would not want to have to look for work along with 26,000 others at the same time.
If the company is still open and the conditions are unbearable anyone that dissatisfied has the opportunity to seek other employment while still collecting a check from YRC(notice how I didn't saying working at YRC). Isn't that correct? Or do still believe that making them file for bankruptcy would magically make us "snap back" to 100% and everything would be honky dory again?

If it would have gone the other way and the job closed up, what would they have us by then? I guess a better place at the end of line e? Fill out the form, your first check should be there in two weeks. Come back on the 22nd.

no its what i read as excuses from the yes voters

You read that? Post some examples of that.... I have a very good capacity of recall......and I don't recall having read anyone saying that they would starve because there were no other jobs......