You got to be kidding?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Daily Kos: 40 Moocher children in school in Utah have lunches thrown out for being in debt

Jason Olsen, a Salt Lake City District spokesman, said the district’s child-nutrition department became aware that Uintah had a large number of students who owed money for lunches.As a result, the child-nutrition manager visited the school and decided to withhold lunches to deal with the issue, he said.
    But cafeteria workers weren’t able to see which children owed money until they had already received lunches, Olsen explained.
    The workers then took those lunches from the students and threw them away, he said, because once food is served to one student it can’t be served to another.:shrug:
    --------------------------------
    Nice Guys

2. 1tt1

1tt1 Active Member

Maybe they should do as I did going to school...brown bag it...some how I didn't starve to death on a bologna sandwich and apple...

3. Magoo

Let the little truckers eat cake

4. Guardrail

Guardrail Super Moderator Staff Member

My mom and dad didn't have much, but we stayed fed. They never took a handout from anyone. Their priorities were raising 5 kids to be productive members of society.

Guardrail

5. Magoo

I'm happy for you that your Parents kept you fed, I had a similar upbringing.
    My question for you is if these children did not get fed at home for some reasons who knows, should they have to go hungry to prove someones point?

6. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

My question to you is...Who claims to love these children? whos job is it to feed these children, the tax payer or the parents? They were not on a food program for the disadvantaged...they were disadvantaged due to their irresponsible parents.

7. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

Don't worry, they went to McDonalds after school

[​IMG]

8. 1tt1

1tt1 Active Member

My mother raised 6 children and although we qualified for school lunch my father said "I'll be damned if I would take a government hand out" we all browned bagged it ...thst was a time when Americans took pride in their work ethic and raising their families instead of looking to the government to feed the "little truckers"...

9. 1tt1

1tt1 Active Member

And exactly what would that reason be? We had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, brown bag lunch, and every night we all sat at the kitchen table for dinner...

10. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that this was the first warning from the school

I am sure letters went home, phone calls were made and were probably ignored.
    The school made their point however, it was a pretty crappy way to do so.

When I look around I see a lot of $200 sneakers and head phones. All have a phone if not an Iphone, yet 92% free and reduced lunch. This society has a messed up set of priorities

[QUOTEMy question to you is...Who claims to love these children? whos job is it to feed these children, the tax payer or the parents? They were not on a food program for the disadvantaged...they were disadvantaged due to their irresponsible parents.
    ][/QUOTE]

these people had the kids, and we will pay for them. No personal responsibility

11. Magoo

I don't know what the reasons are you would have to study the situation.
    Working a low paying job, laid off, sick, alcoholic, gambler drug addict I don't know.
    Obama talked in the SOTU speech about Parents working for low wages full time and still in poverty, thats wrong.
    Those little people did nothing to deserve to be hungry

12. Ice Rider

Once again mags....these children in the story are not on food programs....their parents did not pay their accounts, once again you are trying to turn this into something it is not.

13. Guardrail

Guardrail Super Moderator Staff Member

Amen. There used to be a time that taking a handout was frowned upon. Now it's something to be proud of.

Guardrail

14. Ice Rider

Will the blessings of Obama ever cease?

15. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

That's why Mags hates you and your parent's guts. lol

16. Northern Flash

I think the key here is that the school didn't just pull this crap without several warnings being issued to the family. It's no different than someone not paying their rent, but the landlord plays Mr. Nice Guy and allows them to stay without paying. The next thing you know the tenant is thousands of dollars behind on their rent. This food thing is probably no different.

We live in a society where if you give them an inch, they'll take a mile.
    This was a poor way to make a point in my opinion, but clearly they had no other option because they had exhausted all warnings. I'll bet with the National attention that this story is getting, there is a boat load of money heading to the school lunch program tomorrow.

17. Magoo

Program or no program a authority figure shows up in the cafeteria and takes lunches away from children causing them extreme embarrassment I'm sure.
    Again we don't know each familys details but geeze this is UTAH

18. Northern Flash

It has nothing to do with what state it's in. It has everything to do with the irresponsibility of the parents. I bet that the parents didn't forget their bowling ball when they walked out of the house for 4 hours of bowling the night before.

19. Magoo

Do you go bowling with these parents, then please council them

20. Northern Flash

Like usual, you missed the point because you're blinded by anything that relates to hand outs.