You got to be kidding?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Jan 30, 2014.

1. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

Just saw 1 of the parents on TV, he said the school changed systems this yr and weren't getting notified of their balances, like they were before.
    If your kid was 2 min late though, you'd be getting phone calls and emails that day but, they couldn't be notified of your lunch money balance, before they pulled the tray.
    I have to say, I believe every word of it because, it's EXACTLY the same way here in NC. When my daughter wants a school lunch, my wife puts quarters in a sandwich bag for my daughter because, she hates dealing with that "lunch account" crap cause, she says they always screw it up. I've heard her go round and round with those folks on the phone before.
    So, I don't think it's just a Utah, or Mormon, problem. It's Gov't trying to run a business, and they suck at it

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

Our kids have a few dollars hidden for those emergencies. With their after school activities and the chance of some kind of lunch money account mistake, we have a back-up plan in place. They have enough back-up plan money to get by for the day.

Last year one of my kids had ran out of money and one of the lunch ladies paid for it for him. He went back the next day with double the amount to thank her and pay her back. She wouldn't accept the extra amount though. We have people in our school system that actually love the kids versus a staff that just looks at it as a job. We're fortunate to have found a great school system. But I realize that that's not the norm.

3. sharpshooter

should also point out, this wasn't about kids on the free lunch program, they still ate...this was directed at PAYING customers who weren't notified of their balance

4. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Be careful, high school kids use their lunch money for drugs and cigarette's
    I know I was in high school once, if I was a smarter kid I would have picked it up earlier in Jr High

5. Northern Flash

IF the parents weren't properly notified of the empty accounts, the school should be ashamed of themselves. If they DID send out proper warnings, the parents should be ashamed of themselves.

6. Magoo

Somebody has to get sacrificed, thrown in the volcano

It don't matter what State it is, It's all the same
    [video=youtube_share;Kl8ajhu_e5Y]http://youtu.be/Kl8ajhu_e5Y[/video]

7. Guardrail

Guardrail Super Moderator Staff Member

That explains a lot. You only went to high school once and that was it. Now we know.

Guardrail

8. Magoo

just think, your a product of the broken school system
    your the best they could do with what they had to work with
    your at your pinnacle of achievement, this is as good as its going to get
    :nono_h4h:
    yes it is

9. sharpshooter

Yeah yeah, down at the pizza place with the cigarette machine by the door...lol..I've been there too

10. Magoo

you had money to waste on pizza?

11. sharpshooter

No...we went for the cigarette machine, after we stole enough of our Dad's change to get a pack

12. Northern Flash

Wrong. You are never too old to advance yourself. It's always possible to take another step up on the ladder to success, if you want to. (and it's never too late to get up off the couch either)

13. Northern Flash

Just enough for gas in my car and the occasional date. I was working for my Dad since about 8 years old.(greasing gravel trains.) I was raised with work ethic, and was taught that you have to pay your own way. It's called responsibility.

14. Magoo

You had a good foundation but then what happened?

15. Northern Flash

Good one! lol

I worked like a dog, two full time jobs for many years. Put money away from the second job/business versus spending it. Now I'm spending it with my wife and kids. The plan has worked out great. I made a ton of sacrifices when I was young......went without a lot of the "stuff" that my buddies were all buying. But now I'm semi-retired at a young age, they're still working to pay off all of those toys that impressed everyone over the years. I still like my plan better. When my kids go off to college, I might actually work a little more.........just out of boredom.

16. Magoo

We should all have dreams to hold on to.
    [video=youtube_share;9MiO-2Qnm8M]http://youtu.be/9MiO-2Qnm8M[/video]

17. Magoo

If you want your kids to go to college you better get off the couch

18. Northern Flash

Paying for some of their college was also being paid for over the years. Of course, we won't be paying for all of their college though. They are on the path toward Master's Degrees and maybe beyond.......way more than I could afford. They will make more money than I ever thought of. See what being a responsible parent can do? I always joke with them about "not forgetting about the old man's sacrifices" when they make it big.lol

19. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

are you saying the public schools are not run properly?

He in Da Ville, we spend hundreds of millions of dollars driving kids all over town in the name of diversity yet, the books in the schools are falling apart.
    The was a bus that drove a single kid across town because the one school had a special ECE class for him.
    We spend millions on consultants to try and figure out what is wrong but never think to ask the teachers

20. Northern Flash

Mix Liberalism, Democrat policies, and public sector unions together........and this is the end result.