You Gotta Love These Great WW2 Guys

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SuperCourse, Mar 23, 2017.

1. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

He's going to buy a new shed....

WWII Navy veteran wins $300K from lottery ticket he received for his birthday

The WWII veteran visited Michigan Lottery headquarters on Tuesday to claim his big prize. He plans to invest, buy a new shed, and buy a newer used car with his winnings.

"I'm pretty frugal, I always shop sales and take care of my money and that won't change," he said. "The only thing that will change is I won't have as much stress in my life worrying about money."

http://www.mlive.com/lottery/index.ssf/2017/03/wwii_navy_veteran_wins_300k_in.html

falconfan, Bart, 00mustang and 3 others like this.
  2. Softballs

Softballs Banned

WW2, Vietnam Veterans are real hero's

falconfan, SuperCourse and DCM_Doc like this.
  3. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

Absolutely. The WW2 guys are unique though because they were for the most part children during The Depression. Thus their frugal nature, they grew up with nothing. Like my dad, he's 90, served in the Pacific, never had a credit card, pays for everything with cash or check. At least they got to come home to a hero's welcome, something the Viet Nam vets never got to enjoy thanks to the eletist liberal scum.

falconfan, buffalobill and Bart like this.
  4. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

My father's generation, whenever I think of those brave men and women it almost seems like too much was asked of them but they did it anyway.
    Not many left, the world still owes them.

SuperCourse likes this.
  5. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I figured it would quickly turn into a bash liberals thing :poke:

When these men came back they got the GI BILL which gave them home loans, and no cost higher education and training should they want it.
    Pretty Liberal if you consider it! It made us the most prosperous people in the history of the world.

6. aflifer

aflifer Well-Known Member

Those things are not welfare benefits......they are compensation for a government employee. How is offering a good benefit package to attract potential employees a "liberal" thing?

buffalobill likes this.
  7. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

Well let's see....the WW2 Vets helped beat the guy who was fighting communism in Europe, which turned half of Germany into a communist nation.

The Vietnam war guys were fighting against communism........can we figure on why each group has been treated the way they were? By Media and educators and economy?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017