You guys ever feel like this on Sunday Night?

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
On Sunday night do you guys ever go "Ohh I don't want to go to work on Monday?" I'm having one of those right now ha-ha. Then usually though once you get to work and get going it's usually not that bad.
You know what I mean the thought of going there is actually worse then what it really is.

Starts about noon for me. Not every Sun though, find that if I'm active it's not as bad. For whatever reason its worse for me in the winter if the weather's bad and we just lay around all Sun. Worst is the Sun at the end of a vacation though

Every single Sunday for me, then I get a text from shuttle telling my my 800 cases aren't set to arrive until 0630, then its just pure anger and disgust. I am honest with my people, Sysco tells them I broke down, I tell them the truth, my customers deserve that, like Lazlo said, telling the truth will get me in stops at noon that otherwise I would have to sit for an hour or more, Sysco wants me to be honest with them, they can't hardly expect me to be less than honest with the very people that pay our bills!

Back on subject, I dread work anymore, seems I'm never starting on time, then its up to me to catch up and I hate working like that, Sundays are the worst for me, I can't remember the last time I started at 0500 on Monday.

Every single Sunday for me, then I get a text from shuttle telling my my 800 cases aren't set to arrive until 0630, then its just pure anger and disgust. I am honest with my people, Sysco tells them I broke down, I tell them the truth, my customers deserve that, like Lazlo said, telling the truth will get me in stops at noon that otherwise I would have to sit for an hour or more, Sysco wants me to be honest with them, they can't hardly expect me to be less than honest with the very people that pay our bills!

Back on subject, I dread work anymore, seems I'm never starting on time, then its up to me to catch up and I hate working like that, Sundays are the worst for me, I can't remember the last time I started at 0500 on Monday.

I had 867 16,000+lbs on Friday I started early 5:00ish or so and got back to the yard after 4:00pm screwed around at the yard for almost an hour straightening out paper work and putting keys away dropping my trailer spotting a converter dolly parking the truck putting things in the return trailer you know all fun and games.

Starts about noon for me. Not every Sun though, find that if I'm active it's not as bad. For whatever reason its worse for me in the winter if the weather's bad and we just lay around all Sun. Worst is the Sun at the end of a vacation though

Yeah usually around dinner time that Sunday night feeling kicks in it's the pitts. My favorite day by far of the week is Friday and Saturday. I don't really mind work on Friday even at the beer company Friday was cool. However I agree to not ever Sunday last Sunday was really really bad, this Sunday though wasn't as awful the feeling was pretty mild almost non existent. You know they say you shouldn't take work home with you, but seeing as how we spend most of our lives at work, that's really kind of hard to do. I don't care what anyone says when you spend 50-65 hours a week somewhere it's going to affect you. Very few people I think can really block work out when there not there. I mean to be honest when I worked at the beer company I spent as much time in that beer truck as I did at home. GFS is hit or miss some days are long some days are short. Just how it is I guess.

I dread going to work after I been off for a little and the older I get in this business the harder it is to have that giddy up like you used to at the start. If and when they throw me away like a dirty tissue. ... I'll understand. The corporate whores and I both know this is a young man's game.

Until then stay trendy my friends.