You guys have me scared.

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by ChescoLawman, Mar 16, 2017.

1. ChescoLawman

ChescoLawman New Member

Thanks guys for your input, I feel like anywhere you go in trucking you'll have complaints. We are the drivers. Not the executives. I feel like YRC is probably way better then some mega carrier that just takes anyone. I don't want to be an idiot steering wheel holder. I want to be a professional driver. Anyways again thanks. If anyone has any more info about the carisle terminal or the on call or anything further. I'd be happy to listen.

Thanks again!

Triplex likes this.
  2. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Part time CRST driver

I do know you will have plenty of work at 135. They are always busy.

ChescoLawman likes this.
  3. Triplex

Triplex Experienced stalker

Regardless of what anyone says, the only way to know if it's right for you is to give it a try and see for yourself. Good luck to you.

jimmy g, Skypilot and vongrimmenstein like this.
  4. ChescoLawman

ChescoLawman New Member

I'll keep everyone updated as well with my journey perhaps it will help someone at some point on this forum. I start training the 24th of next month.

fr8man likes this.
  5. Skypilot

Skypilot Romper room monitor

Best of luck,don't be afraid to reach out to I e of your teamster brothers, they will always help,ask questions, you'll have a lot of knowledge to tap into,and a good teamster will always help,again best of luck to you,

Pitchfork_Smith and ChescoLawman like this.
  6. Skypilot

And you will find it to meet your needs,you can still make a good living, just be willing to learn all aspects of the opposition you work in,make yourself an asset and you'll be fine

ChescoLawman likes this.
  7. wolf

wolf Well-Known Member

One thing nobody mentioned, just so your prepared for it, YRC used to layoff just before Christmas. Your training schedule may be for vacation replacement so don't spend all the big paychecks earned during our busy period. Seniority usually solves that cycle. Disclaimer: now retired several years and never worked for 135 so its possible I don't know nothing. :popcorn:

ChescoLawman likes this.
  8. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

I concur. A true brother will answer and help in any way if you are truly willing to learn.
    Take some advice here and there and draw your own conclusions and solutions. And use them your way the best you can.
    Don't go in with a chip on your shoulder. Or get one while your there. I see it with some newbies. So immature. Stay away from any of those people. And there are alot if them. They will drag you in the pit with them.
    Good luck.

henry j, Skypilot and ChescoLawman like this.
  9. ChescoLawman

ChescoLawman New Member

Yeah, so I've heard from other sources. I'm going to hopefully save up some coins for that period. Allegedly 135 is pretty busy and we're hiring people during the winter months when freight is normally slow this year so we will see. I'll prepare myself regardless. Always nice to have a cushion.

wolf likes this.
  10. Skypilot

That is a busy terminal, you should do well,make the job about you,it's only gonna be what you make of it

11. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

Triplex you are correct. He has to experience it himself to validate his questions. Sounds like he has some pride in what he wants to do as a driver. Hope he has the same pride after holding on to that steering wheel after 20 years.

henry j likes this.
  12. Freightmaster1

Freightmaster1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:6788::smilie93c peelout::smilies 19296:

13. ChescoLawman

ChescoLawman New Member

Hey guys, Just a little update and thanks for everything thus far..

So finished all my permit stuff a few weeks ago. Communication was sub par after that leaving me scratching my head a little.

Anyways, I start Monday. But not at 135. Now they have me going out to Maybrook New york? 3 hours away from my home, but i had saved money regardless for this to temporarily relocate.

There was 3 in the class. Looks like it'll be one now.

14. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Got twang?

Good luck with it CL. Give it a try, you might like it. I relocated 275 miles 40+ years ago just to give it a try and ended up staying 35 years.

15. mud

mud Wonderin'

I was working casual at both P.I.E and Roadway in early 1981. I would of gone with who ever hired me first. P.I.E stopped calling me that May, then in June of 1981 the Teamsters Union forced Roadway to put me on full time. I retired 28 years later. It's all a roll of the dice.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  16. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

Don't forget the 1 stat you left out. I travel 55 mph or 88 feet per second while doing all the above mentioned. And, when I am good it shows, and when I am bad, it shows even more. von.

17. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Part time CRST driver

Were you one of those leased drivers all 28 years???

18. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

Hahaha. Aren't we all now? Dock.only leased too? Yep. Temps. Isn't that what they call em? No such thing as casuals.
    :1sm057crazy:

19. mud

mud Wonderin'

I flew back from South Carolina and home to New Mexico yesterday. I had to change planes at DFW. The lights seemed really dim in the DFW airport terminal??

jimmy g, BIG R GUY and Big Dave like this.
  20. ROADY

ROADY Well-Known Member

P.I.E. stopped calling you because they already had too many dead beats working in the Jersey terminals.:lmao: :6788: :hide: :stirthepot:

Triplex likes this.