You guys hiring?

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by FLYINGBY, Jan 22, 2012.

1. FLYINGBY

FLYINGBY Member

Man you guys must be hiring right and left cause seem to notice alot of Dayton trucks out on the road, I wish I would have looked into you guys 11 years ago, the Big E is giving me the shaft.

2. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

If you working now, stay where you are, if Bummer gets re-elected the whole economy will really go down the crapper. freight will slow, and the lay-off's will be quick and fierce.

3. Enforcer75

Enforcer75 Member

Dayton is a great place to work and many of the terminals are putting on drivers. Check out daytonfreight.com to apply, all applications are taken through the web site.

4. CROCKETT

CROCKETT Member

Lakeville,mn is hiring!!!

5. Jhonden

Jhonden New Member

Yes you are right. It has been a bad period for us and i wish it will fade soon.

6. 2152

2152 Member

Like ENFORCER 75 said go on Dayton Freight lines.com
    we are always looking for good driver's:15:

7. FLYINGBY

FLYINGBY Member

Guess they don't like hiring someone in there 40's cause have not heard back from two terminal yet, keep calling and getting we dont need anybody!! 17 years doing this with a totally clean record and can get the job done, driving loading and unloading freight and wonder what wth is wrong with me!!

8. bull dog

bull dog Member

those two terminals must not be looking to hire. I've seen them hire guys in there 50's.

9. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

age should not matter, they legally can't ask your age anyway

10. CROCKETT

CROCKETT Member

What terminals are you applying at???

11. bmxdad36

bmxdad36 New Member

It's nothing to do with age. Dayton is tough and patience will prevail. they won't hire till they really need someone and know they can keep them all working. It will be well worth the wait.

12. shifty

shifty Member

i applied and was called back in july. desided not to move because i didnt want to lose time at big e but they called me again last week abd asked if im still insterated. thats the vallyviewterminal in cleveland

13. jbailey18045

jbailey18045 New Member

This is my 14th Year with Dayton Freight. It's the best company I have ever worked for. If you can get in at a service center near you, I don't think you will not be disappointed. We do a lot of stops per day, but they take care of us VERY well.

14. FLYINGBY

FLYINGBY Member

Do they let a Driver work the dock if he wants, that was my bread and butter at Big E, go on my run at night, which got cancelled, I was a Linehaul driver that got screwed when they decided to put more Hub runs on which pay less, but back in the day I was good enough to help out on the dock as a Linehaul driver, and that is becoming a thing of the past over at E, with this category driver thing they have it just screws you.

15. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

Dayton will generally let a driver do dock work if it does not dis-place a dock worker from his/her shift.
    If your bid run is cancelled, they generally will have a different run for you to do, unless you at the very rock bottom
    on the board you may sit home but those day's are mostly gone. Most service centers if they have a slow night and a run or two are cancelled
    they will offer senior drivers the option of taking the night off so a junior driver can get work (at least this what they are supposed to be doing).