FedEx Freight | You guys think you have it rough?

leemcabee

TB Regular
Credits
:soapbox: You drivers crack me up. Think about the drivers coming from FXNL. To us it's like getting a whole new job. By enlarge the subsidiaries of FX are run totally seperate. Different rules, regs, paperwork and so on. We may as well have quit and went to a new company. The same kind of newness applies. And on top of that we're stepping into a decidedly hostile environment where FXF drivers are feeling like their toes are being stepped on. So lets just try to make the best of a situation that is tough on all of us.

:soapbox: You drivers crack me up. Think about the drivers coming from FXNL. To us it's like getting a whole new job. By enlarge the subsidiaries of FX are run totally seperate. Different rules, regs, paperwork and so on. We may as well have quit and went to a new company. The same kind of newness applies. And on top of that we're stepping into a decidedly hostile environment where FXF drivers are feeling like their toes are being stepped on. So lets just try to make the best of a situation that is tough on all of us.

I wonder if those few freight drivers would feel the same if the scenario was turned around. If we were dovetailing in to FXNL, I doubt it! Fedex bought AF, and they bought Watkins, to be fair to everybody,why would they do it any other way.

If they're going to be mad at somebody, they should be mad at Fedex, It's not like you drivers had any choices in this merger???

I think most of every freight driver is smart enough to realize that the national drivers are just doing their jobs and that it was corporate that put us all in this situation. But it still doesn't help one from being pissed off, and unfortunately it does rub off onto the new comers.

I wonder if those few freight drivers would feel the same if the scenario was turned around. If we were dovetailing in to FXNL, I doubt it! Fedex bought AF, and they bought Watkins, to be fair to everybody,why would they do it any other way.

If they're going to be mad at somebody, they should be mad at Fedex, It's not like you drivers had any choices in this merger???

I think most of every freight driver is smart enough to realize that the national drivers are just doing their jobs and that it was corporate that put us all in this situation. But it still doesn't help one from being pissed off, and unfortunately it does rub off onto the new comers.

What about all the Memphis National drivers that where moved way down the board from the Freight drivers dovetailing to that center. None seem to be crying from there.Some went from top 20 to lower 90 in seniority.What I'm saying this isn't just a one way situation.Both sides are effected it just seems to be what geographic area you are from as to be what side is affected the most.

Please...please I cant stand confrontation ! Seriously I thought this topic had already been beaten to death.

No suzy, not until the end of Jan. when you come over on this side. Then the beatings will continue.:732:J/k:LMAO:

Ask the National drivers in Wichita how good they have it. Zero road drivers were allowed to transfer to Freight. So much for a merger. There are Freight drivers with less company time than the National drivers, but the National guys have to follow the freight.

Guardrail

It's no different than when fedex west was absorbed by the fedex east. Our corporate offices in Santa Clara were closed. Line haul in Tucson Az was shut down, and we entered the dark ages.

Wait a minute...??? FedEx National and FedEx Freight are MERGING???? WTF? No way.

I hold nothing against any son to be former Nation driver. They did not do this, Freddy FedEx did. And if the tables were turn all I wouls say is screw it. You would just have to hate me, who cares. I'm not really here to make friends, (although it is nice if you can get along), I am not here because I like working here. I am here to take care of my family, and I will do that one way or another. So why don't we just blame the right people and leave the ones coming in alone. You would do the same thing. Blame Freddy FedEx. He did it this way for a reason, and that is not so we can be all one happy family.

this is'nt in any way the fault of any driver what so ever.some at freight will get it up the rear,some at national will get it up the rear.it's just the way shu--it hit the fan. all we can do is join the team and make this place better to work for, if we stay at each others throat we will make this company fail.we can't control what has happened but we can control what will.we all need now,to make this place the best trucking company to work for,both for areselves and for future employees.we have merged without a whole lot of trouble up to this point.if we can make this work without trouble corperate will owe us big time,and hopefully reward us as much.

Ask the National drivers in Wichita how good they have it. Zero road drivers were allowed to transfer to Freight. So much for a merger. There are Freight drivers with less company time than the National drivers, but the National guys have to follow the freight.

Guardrail

We don't have to actually talk to you guys do we? :P

roog

As a freight driver welcome to Fedex Freight. Our division is run out of out corporation in Memphis. As they did with American Freightways and Viking. They are merging National with Freight. Part of working for a huge corporation. I fell sorry for those affected.

There is no "blame" to be laid anywhere. Corporate or employee, FedEx is doing what they believe is in the best interest of FedEx. Thats their job. So if you say we're just doing our jobs then the reverse is true.

Our regional guy told us that we our a year from making a profit and that nothing else has worked and this is the last ditch effort. After the year if we aren't making a profit Fed Ex would have no problem closing us or selling us, and that we will make a profit or it could be bad news for all. This came from above him. So its in everybody's best interest to get along and do the best job they can. Getting along is all they want neither side is happy about this but it's none of our faults.