TForce | You guys,,,,,,,,

Rebel

TB Lurker
Credits
crack me up! All the name calling and inuendos. Wouldn't any of you say these sort of things to each others faces I'm guessing. After seeing all the "tough talk" the Union members made on the "Strike" line while I was in the truck. But yet, when I walked through the middle of them to talk to a Brother of mine...nobody said a word. And that also goes for the "O" drivers that talked about going out and "kickin A$$" in the break rooms. Never saw it happen! Everybody do everybody else a favor and don't "talk the talk" unless you're willing to "walk the walk".

And all the talk about the Union, and how great it is, and the talk about all the crap that happens at UPSF and how bad it is. UPSF probably has over 30,000 employees and only a handful are on here "trashing" it.
It amazes me, it's always the same 'ol, same 'ol.
Logical discussions have damn near gone out the window.

Sorry had to blow off some steam! :wacko:

Rebel said:
crack me up! All the name calling and inuendos. Wouldn't any of you say these sort of things to each others faces I'm guessing. After seeing all the "tough talk" the Union members made on the "Strike" line while I was in the truck. But yet, when I walked through the middle of them to talk to a Brother of mine...nobody said a word. And that also goes for the "O" drivers that talked about going out and "kickin A$$" in the break rooms. Never saw it happen! Everybody do everybody else a favor and don't "talk the talk" unless you're willing to "walk the walk".

And all the talk about the Union, and how great it is, and the talk about all the crap that happens at UPSF and how bad it is. UPSF probably has over 30,000 employees and only a handful are on here "trashing" it.

Hey Rebel maybe u got away with walking the line cuz your built like the incredible hulk, just a thought:hysterical: Sorry I had to do that:wavey:

I don't see where your coming from Rebel?

I'm an (X) Teamster,I've been down both roads.
When I post something that someone doesn't care for,I get some strong come backs from posters that disagree with my posts,but I never feel like anyones trashing me?

But maybe thats just me.
I'm a very forgiving person.

However there is safety posting on the truckingboards.

We have Jeff,and his mighty band of Mods., watching out for anyone really getting into someones face over any disagreements.

I hope you feel better that you could blow your top,to get it all out as you say,as well as get a lot of people to read your thoughts by starting a new thread to do it.

I for one must say, your a very clever poster.

Rebel said:

Yes, But this is the case no matter what the topic of conversation is. Unfortunately people do speak "trash talk" on the cb radio or on the internet that they would never speak in public because most were brought up with better morals than that. It is much easier to think that you are making a point with this "trash talk" while hiding behind a microphone or the keyboard. This kind of behavior has been around for ever and will not change. Most of the time, Only a logical discussion or debate can be made in a room face to face where people would not even think about the incensitive "trash talk" Because there is no place to hide.

Rebel said:

If you were sorry why did you even post it?

We never said that this is what the majority of what people think, it's our opinion. Opinions that are alowed to be expressed here.

I haven't seen anybody here so far saying they were going to "kick A$$", or threaten or anything of that sort.

Where is the Union tough talk here? I haven't witnessed any.

Give examples of name calling or "inuendos" here.

Or is this something that happened in your past and has nothing to do with what is going on at this site.

BusterNite said:
Yes, But this is the case no matter what the topic of conversation is. Unfortunately people do speak "trash talk" on the cb radio or on the internet that they would never speak in public because most were brought up with better morals than that. It is much easier to think that you are making a point with this "trash talk" while hiding behind a microphone or the keyboard. This kind of behavior has been around for ever and will not change. Most of the time, Only a logical discussion or debate can be made in a room face to face where people would not even think about the incensitive "trash talk" Because there is no place to hide.

Is it "trash talk" to give your opinion?

They way I am here is the way I am in person, I speak my opinion when asked or if involved in a conversation.

steve5 said:
Is it "trash talk" to give your opinion?

They way I am here is the way I am in person, I speak my opinion when asked or if involved in a conversation.
No, Trash talk is exactly what I was referring regarding Rebel's post, Name calling, Inuendos, Kicking a$$, walking the walk and talking the talk. Opinions has nothing to do with what he was talking about.

steve5 said:
If you were sorry why did you even post it?

We never said that this is what the majority of what people think, it's our opinion. Opinions that are alowed to be expressed here.

I haven't seen anybody here so far saying they were going to "kick A$$", or threaten or anything of that sort.

Where is the Union tough talk here? I haven't witnessed any.

Give examples of name calling or "inuendos" here.

Or is this something that happened in your past and has nothing to do with what is going on at this site.

First Steve, I Posted it to make a point. Am I sorry? Naw, I apologized because I didn't think everybody needed to see it. But others do.

Second, Got no complaints about people posting their opinions. I do have a problem with the second hand comments. I'm not going to reprint all of those. Take a few minutes and go through the Board yourself.

Third, Maybe it is something that has happened in the past. But, from past experience...Lepords don't change their spots.

People should keep in mind, whether Union or Non- Union, that this is OUR future. And in some respects, the future of the Union.
Most come here ton hear intelligent answers to the questions that they have. Some of us have alot of time invested in our retirement pension, and I'm not willing to just walk away from it because someone tells me the Union is better than I have. People at UPSF come here to get straight answers, and inevidably, someone has a off handed comment to throw into the mix. They're just not needed!

Whenever I post I use my real Handle. I use it on the radio and on the streets here. My link on my profile shows my pic. I'm not hiding from anyone. How many people on this Board can say that? I've got no problem saying what I think needs to be said.

I hope this has answered your questions.

Rebel said:
First Steve, I Posted it to make a point. Am I sorry? Naw, I apologized because I didn't think everybody needed to see it. But others do.

Second, Got no complaints about people posting their opinions. I do have a problem with the second hand comments. I'm not going to reprint all of those. Take a few minutes and go through the Board yourself.

Third, Maybe it is something that has happened in the past. But, from past experience...Lepords don't change their spots.

People should keep in mind, whether Union or Non- Union, that this is OUR future. And in some respects, the future of the Union.
Most come here ton hear intelligent answers to the questions that they have. Some of us have alot of time invested in our retirement pension, and I'm not willing to just walk away from it because someone tells me the Union is better than I have. People at UPSF come here to get straight answers, and inevidably, someone has a off handed comment to throw into the mix. They're just not needed!

Whenever I post I use my real Handle. I use it on the radio and on the streets here. My link on my profile shows my pic. I'm not hiding from anyone. How many people on this Board can say that? I've got no problem saying what I think needs to be said.

I hope this has answered your questions.
I understand where you are coming from and I agree. But it only takes one. And then another and so on.

BusterNite said:
No, Trash talk is exactly what I was referring regarding Rebel's post, Name calling, Inuendos, Kicking a$$, walking the walk and talking the talk. Opinions has nothing to do with what he was talking about.

Where is it? Trash talk ,I mean? The first part of his post says "you guys" so I figure he is talking about me also, that's where Opinions come in. To me it sounds like he is adressing the pro-union posters especially.

If this is the case, I don't see it. It's opinion and info. I asked to point it out but he said it would take too long. Again where is it here.

steve5 said:
Where is it? Trash talk ,I mean? The first part of his post says "you guys" so I figure he is talking about me also, that's where Opinions come in. To me it sounds like he is adressing the pro-union posters especially.

If this is the case, I don't see it. It's opinion and info. I asked to point it out but he said it would take too long. Again where is it here.
OK Steve, Go to Post #5.....Just 1 example.
I'm not going to debate you on this. It's just fact.

steve5 said:

I think what he is referring to is just the smart a$$ remarks or anwsers from different posters regarding union or not. I have not seen anything to bad in the last month or so.

Rebel said:
OK Steve, Go to Post #5.....Just 1 example.
I'm not going to debate you on this. It's just fact.

If that's what your talking about everybody does this even on other boards/forums I'm on.

I didn't know this was trash talk. If this bothers you you might be a little thin skinned.

The way I see it nobody has really got out of line, not enough to really bother most. People get upset sometimes and post ridicilous statements but I wouldnt't call it trash talk. jmo

BusterNite said:
I think what he is referring to is just the smart a$$ remarks or anwsers from different posters regarding union or not. I have not seen anything to bad in the last month or so.

The way that I see it, it hasen't been that bad, the moderators do a good job here. Well, most of them anyways.

I think we all should keep doing what we have been doing, regardless what the original poster says.jmho

steve5 said:
If that's what your talking about everybody does this even on other boards/forums I'm on.

I didn't know this was trash talk. If this bothers you you might be a little thin skinned.

The way I see it nobody has really got out of line, not enough to really bother most. People get upset sometimes and post ridicilous statements but I wouldnt't call it trash talk. jmo
No, I would not consider this trash talk, Maybe a smart a$$ answer.. But not enough to offend anyone.

steve5 said:
The way that I see it, it hasen't been that bad, the moderators do a good job here. Well, most of them anyways.

I think we all should keep doing what we have been doing, regardless what the original poster says.jmho
Yes I agree. Ok now lets debate the actual meaning of trash talk. JUST KIDDING!!!!

BusterNite said:
No, I would not consider this trash talk, Maybe a smart a$$ answer.. But not enough to offend anyone.

Well anyways I don't mind it, just ignore it if it bothers him, you know?

Yep everyone needs to grow a thick skin when on any message board,not just in these hallowed halls.

Trash talk is out there all over,not just some message board. You guys heard it....I mean most of you do use CB radios don't ya?

Take a peek in the driver's lounge in a truckstop once. Talk about trash talk!...LOL

Or wander on in the restaurant where trucker's partake of their meals...trash talk and some of the wildest stories ever told. And what's up with those Truckstop Lawyers?

Better yet, wander on in your employee lounge if your terminal has one..yep...trash talk galore!
No employee lounge? Just wander anywhere where 2 or more drivers are and you will get.......trash talk.

The thing is talkin trash is not just a pastime of truckers,I work in the medical Field and we got some trash talkers like you would NOT believe. I have even indulge in my share of trashin.

Now excuse me,it's time to meet a fellow employee in the lunch room for some trash talkin about the boss . We are gonna run down the bosses policy on 30 minutes for lunch instead of the old days when it was 45 minutes! The boss is being a PITA!......LOL

My favorite line for message boards is..
Take what you need from any post and leave the rest because in the end it's.....just a thang!

SevenOfNine said:
Yep everyone needs to grow a thick skin when on any message board,not just in these hallowed halls.

Trash talk is out there all over,not just some message board. You guys heard it....I mean most of you do use CB radios don't ya?

Take a peek in the driver's lounge in a truckstop once. Talk about trash talk!...LOL

Or wander on in the restaurant where trucker's partake of their meals...trash talk and some of the wildest stories ever told. And what's up with those Truckstop Lawyers?

Better yet, wander on in your employee lounge if your terminal has one..yep...trash talk galore!
No employee lounge? Just wander anywhere where 2 or more drivers are and you will get.......trash talk.

The thing is talkin trash is not just a pastime of truckers,I work in the medical Field and we got some trash talkers like you would NOT believe. I have even indulge in my share of trashin.

Now excuse me,it's time to meet a fellow employee in the lunch room for some trash talkin about the boss . We are gonna run down the bosses policy on 30 minutes for lunch instead of the old days when it was 45 minutes! The boss is being a PITA!......LOL

My favorite line for message boards is..
Take what you need from any post and leave the rest because in the end it's.....just a thang!
This is good, And the next time I take my wife out to dinner I will take her to the truck stop. For some reason we do not have much to talk about when we go out to eat, But the truck stop lounge, anything goe's