TForce | You judge this for yourself.

If you all think ups is going to come running back to the table with anything substantial, your wrong. If they don't close the doors they will wear you down for months on the picket line and then you all will settle for a much worse contract. Ask your self, is the proposed contract really worth the risk? I bet ups can hold out slot longer than you all.

Absolutely, this is a lot of hot air being blown out here and there.

Anyhow, the contract will pass, ups sent the message and the employees got it load and clear.

I guess all those that voted to authorize a strike were bluffing?

The only people voting yes are those in the older pension system, nearing retirement and making big bucks on big runs. Everyone else wants a better contract and will be voting no!

If the proposed contract is satisfactory to a member, that member should vote yes. If it is not, that member should vote no.

The fear mongering and scare tactics by members or management to vote yes are sickening.
Grow a set and decide for yourselves.
Last week I heard that uspf was going to clean out the system so that we could not hold the freight hostage as a bargaining chip????????

Looks to me like there's a lot of new members out here all of the sudden that could be management
Exactly! And if your moniker is accurate, you’re from ABF...so you know precisely what happened around our contract time...a couple of company hacks signed onto the board spreading anti-union crap all over the place. One of them went by the name ‘Bubba Gump’. Oh, he was a real trumpet-blower! He eventually got caught in some lies that he couldn’t smooth over, and that was pretty much the end of him. Haven’t seen him since the contract was ‘rectum-fied’. Strange, huh?

You guys just stick to your guns. Don’t bite on the propaganda being put out. Best of luck to all of you!

Exactly! And if your moniker is accurate, you’re from ABF...so you know precisely what happened around our contract time...a couple of company hacks signed onto the board spreading anti-union crap all over the place. One of them went by the name ‘Bubba Gump’. Oh, he was a real trumpet-blower! He eventually got caught in some lies that he couldn’t smooth over, and that was pretty much the end of him. Haven’t seen him since the contract was ‘rectum-fied’. Strange, huh?

You guys just stick to your guns. Don’t bite on the propaganda being put out. Best of luck to all of you!
What up dog?

I guess all those that voted to authorize a strike were bluffing?

Mostly, they are under the impression that a strike authorization still has some teeth. Make no mistake, 85% are not prepared financially for even a 2 week strike . This thing will be ratified by 70% +.