FedEx Freight | You Make The Call : Call Block Waiver

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
Blind_Ref.gif

Lets start a fun game like they used to do in the 80's called "You Make The Call" for those who are not familiar with the game I will tell you how it works.
They show a clip from a Football Game where a flag is thrown.... they have us predict what was the right call.

You make the call.

Extra Board (3) drivers

Driver one chooses not to be called after call block
Driver 2 chooses to be called after the call block or anytime he he has had 10 hours rest
Driver 3 chooses to be called after the call block or anytime he he has had 10 hours rest

A big hub run comes available and no drivers that signed to be called after the call block are available.

#1 driver is called to do the run.

Is this right or wrong

Intranet manual states[list type=decimal]
[*]
Where unexpected loads develop outside an established call block , and these loads must be moved to protect service, eligible drivers will be called in their seniority order according to their selection
[*]
Loads will be scheduled with the first available driver stating they do want to be called
[/LIST]
In the instance where no eligible drivers want to be called and a run is necessary, the most junior extraboard driver rested with available would be called and forced to run
The question is, should a driver that signed a waiver stating that he does not want to be called be allowed to take a run that falls under this criteria?

You make the call

If I read that right, you stated that those who said they wanted to be called weren't available (#2 and #3.) Dispatcher calls #1 and he takes it, sounds fair to me.

Now had #1 been called first and took it without calling #2 and 3 then I would think #2 could file a claim for compensation.

roog

2 and 3 where not available only one available was the #1 who if he was the only one left he would be forced to take the run because he would be the junior availble driver and the only available driver.

But he does not have to answer the phone, if he does he has to run if he does not he is not penalized....

Go figure

Now my question is what if that driver answers the phone and is halfway thru a bottle of crown royal .... is that driver going to be penalized if he cant take the run because he is is outside his call block and answers his phone?

Hmmmmm.....

In other words and to make a long story longer.... even if you sign DO NOT CALL after the call block, they can still call you but you do not have to answer the phone.

If you sign DO CALL after the call block, they can call you anytime your 10 hours are up and you are required to answer your phone.

In other words and to make a long story longer.... even if you sign DO NOT CALL after the call block, they can still call you but you do not have to answer the phone.

If you sign DO CALL after the call block, they can call you anytime your 10 hours are up and you are required to answer your phone.

Not quite.

Even if you sign DO CALL outside of call block, you DO NOT have to answer your phone.

The ONLY time you are REQUIRED to answer phone is DURING call block. It's always been that way.

Not quite.

Even if you sign DO CALL outside of call block, you DO NOT have to answer your phone.

The ONLY time you are REQUIRED to answer phone is DURING call block. It's always been that way.

you sure about that? So if I sign the call me after the call block I can sit and watch my phone ring if I don't want to run? and not get any infraction as a result?

you sure about that? So if I sign the call me after the call block I can sit and watch my phone ring if I don't want to run? and not get any infraction as a result?
I don't have the new manuel with me, but I would have to agree with magicman here...as for being penalized for the bottle of crown.....It would take me a week to just get over it.....speaking of calling central after call block....anybody else got the (what do you want...if I want you I'll call you) needless to say I have not called or answered the phone after call block for over 10 years......Truck Safe

Now my question is what if that driver answers the phone and is halfway thru a bottle of crown royal .... is that driver going to be penalized if he cant take the run because he is is outside his call block and answers his phone?

Hmmmmm.....
I believe I would answer or answer to just about anything after that crown got in my system, good one Jeff!!!:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Dispatcher should have never called the driver that signed the waiver. The supervisor in charge has to be the one to show that there is a difference between "Do" and "Do Not".. Not sure if this is an actual scenerio.. but if it is.. and the timing is that of when you posted this.. sounds like someone is setting themselves up for a Good Friday Day run and early weekend... :hysterical:

Lets start a fun game like they used to do in the 80's called "You Make The Call" for those who are not familiar with the game I will tell you how it works.
They show a clip from a Football Game where a flag is thrown.... they have us predict what was the right call.

Question... Did the Raiders ever have a play that was good enough for this game?

Prolly not. Have a good Easter

Question... Did the Raiders ever have a play that was good enough for this game?

Prolly not. Have a good Easter

I would think so, considering that the Oakland Raiders even after the past 4 sorry seasons still have the Highest Winning % of any team in the NFL

You have a good easter too:nutkick:

I don't have the new manuel with me, but I would have to agree with magicman here...as for being penalized for the bottle of crown.....It would take me a week to just get over it.....speaking of calling central after call block....anybody else got the (what do you want...if I want you I'll call you) needless to say I have not called or answered the phone after call block for over 10 years......Truck Safe
By the book you are suppose to call them at the end of the call block if they have not called you.

YES and I quit calling,waste of time.

Jeff the company should call anybody that they want to that is line to be called, and if they want to call a guy who is blocked off in hopes he will change his mine, then let him go, what is best for the company sir....not your or my want...but what is best for the company...they are not here to please you, or make you happy, they are here to serve customers to make money which pays your salery.....and they must do what they need to and you and me will just have to like it..cause we can't change it.....so why play games with it....just get your run and don't worry about what they do....they will do what is best for the company.....10-4, this will make the world go round and round..and remember Jeff...when you go through their gates each day, it pays your house payment, car payment, feed you good food, pays vacation, kids going to school with nice clothes, and so on and so on......hello....

Dang Jeff. Shifter sure seems to know a awful lot about your life. Actually from reading most of his post he seems to know it all. Most people that know it all seem to always know very little. Just like to impress others with how much Kool-Aid they can spew.

I'm on the extra board,and I signed not to be called and if there is only one run in the call block and if I can and choose to pass it then I can. And if you tell dispt to call if something else comes down the tubes then i can take it so long as no other extra board that signed to be called is at home.per HR Also per HR if all others are not able to per 10 hrs rest not up or what ever it may be then they are to try to contact the drivers that signed not to be called . I would not accept a run if they called me b4 one who signed to be called out side the call block two be called i have turned down runs because of that.And even though you do that because its only right dispt and management thinks you turn it down because your lazy. but i turned a 536 ml run down because one signed was at home ,but i told them to call if he didn't want it first.if they didn't call me when nobody else was rested and they sent a dock hand the only thing i signed away was my right to file

Jeff the company should call anybody that they want to that is line to be called, and if they want to call a guy who is blocked off in hopes he will change his mine, then let him go, what is best for the company sir....not your or my want...but what is best for the company...they are not here to please you, or make you happy, they are here to serve customers to make money which pays your salery.....and they must do what they need to and you and me will just have to like it..cause we can't change it.....so why play games with it....just get your run and don't worry about what they do....they will do what is best for the company.....10-4, this will make the world go round and round..and remember Jeff...when you go through their gates each day, it pays your house payment, car payment, feed you good food, pays vacation, kids going to school with nice clothes, and so on and so on......hello....

Gee thanks shifter, if I ever need any more life tips can I email you directly?