FedEx Freight | You Make The Call : Call Block Waiver

I'm on the extra board,and I signed not to be called and if there is only one run in the call block and if I can and choose to pass it then I can. And if you tell dispt to call if something else comes down the tubes then i can take it so long as no other extra board that signed to be called is at home.per HR Also per HR if all others are not able to per 10 hrs rest not up or what ever it may be then they are to try to contact the drivers that signed not to be called . I would not accept a run if they called me b4 one who signed to be called out side the call block two be called i have turned down runs because of that.And even though you do that because its only right dispt and management thinks you turn it down because your lazy. but i turned a 536 ml run down because one signed was at home ,but i told them to call if he didn't want it first.if they didn't call me when nobody else was rested and they sent a dock hand the only thing i signed away was my right to file

The book contradicts itself, where you sign it says DO NOT CALL but in the book it says they will call the most junior rested driver , when their is only 1 then they are the most junior and the only one rested but it should never go past the DO NOT CALL part in my book, but either way they do it is right, if they don't call or they do call they are covered both ways just like the hub discretion clause.

YES and I quit calling,waste of time.

Failure to be available during any established call block or failure to call the appropriate dispatcher at the end of the call block will result in a CRITICAL WRITTEN NOTICE for unreported absence

I know that,but when you call and are on hold for 15 minutes,then get a dispatcher with A attitude cause you called, to me it is a waste of time.I have had them tell me I will call you if I need you.Center and central

I know that,but when you call and are on hold for 15 minutes,then get a dispatcher with A attitude cause you called, to me it is a waste of time.I have had them tell me I will call you if I need you.Center and central

Not smacking your hands, just what I read... :1036316054:

can i ask what this "call block" is about? never heard that term used before in trucking world. or what you sign, a waiver i think was mentioned. and do not call language, is that whenever you want or just for weekends or extra work?

Right magicman...you are only required to answer phone during call block..but it does not mean the guy can't answer the phone if he choose's too..and if he decides to go ahead and work, then that's his decision and I see nothing wrong with that..you can not blame a man for working and you can't blame dispatch nor the company if the man choose's to answer the call...get real guys..it your place of work..now think about it..as long as it don't affect you, why does it bother you so much...remember I said if it don't affect you....as long as you get your work and your job..don't let this stuff stress you out...life is too short..enjoy your job, and take it easy...just think how many people in the world would just love to have a job...get real.....one day you will see...you will...

Right magicman...you are only required to answer phone during call block..but it does not mean the guy can't answer the phone if he choose's too..and if he decides to go ahead and work, then that's his decision and I see nothing wrong with that..you can not blame a man for working and you can't blame dispatch nor the company if the man choose's to answer the call...get real guys..it your place of work..now think about it..as long as it don't affect you, why does it bother you so much...remember I said if it don't affect you....as long as you get your work and your job..don't let this stuff stress you out...life is too short..enjoy your job, and take it easy...just think how many people in the world would just love to have a job...get real.....one day you will see...you will...
I'm sure we will see... But, Why set a rule or or guideline in place, if in the end, It really is not a rule or guideline..

I am not stressing because it don't pertain to me.. But, I do agree with Jeff that if something is put in place, It should be uniform across the board.

Our supervisors in this company do not know the manual like they should. They should be able to understand everything from Cal Blocks to Hub Discretion.. But there is not enough education pointed to that department.. That is why the majority of our Linehaul OM's are past drivers..

As a company, we should go back to Regional Linehaul Managers, someone to report to, to make sure everything is uniform, and also to intervene on the problems and non-problems that you guys think you might have.

I have said this since they disappeared..

In all actuality.. Half the drivers in the company have no clue what the manual says, and 75% don't even know where to find it now.. I know its like reading Shakespeare, and interpreting those hard to understand verses in the King James.. But get in front of it.. Learn where its at and how to pull it up..

If you don't, and you don't understand it.. but you never ask.. It's your own Da#n fault.. Not the companies..

You are a OD Driver, Why are you in a thread regarding policy at Fedex Freight?

Why he wants to share his infinite wisdom with you Jeff. He wants you and all your fellow workers to have the benefit of his intellect and years of experience so he can be your friend and tell you how much he knows.

Why he wants to share his infinite wisdom with you Jeff. He wants you and all your fellow workers to have the benefit of his intellect and years of experience so he can be your friend and tell you how much he knows.

Well damn Hillbilly, I got over 20 years and I know thats not the most by far out here but even I know when to sit back and watch and learn when I don't have a dog in a fight... ya know, attending every OD event and spending hours of your own time learning to progressive shift does NOT make you a GURU for every trucking company in the history of trucking.:1036316054:

I know Jeff. I have a little over 38 years myself but damned if I know about some folks. Seems like they just can't keep all that wisdom bottled up and it just bubbles out of holes they just can't manage to keep shut. Hard to tell which hole it's coming out of I guess.

I know Jeff. I have a little over 38 years myself but damned if I know about some folks. Seems like they just can't keep all that wisdom bottled up and it just bubbles out of holes they just can't manage to keep shut. Hard to tell which hole it's coming out of I guess.

ewwwwwwww :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Well damn Hillbilly, I got over 20 years and I know thats not the most by far out here but even I know when to sit back and watch and learn when I don't have a dog in a fight... ya know, attending every OD event and spending hours of your own time learning to progressive shift does NOT make you a GURU for every trucking company in the history of trucking.:1036316054:

Hey Jeff,,,, no "dog fighting" here please.... :hide: :mfight:

The one thing that the old AF told us from the start was nothing was written in stone, have not heard that phrase from FX but I think it goes without saying by past actions

I would not accept a run if they called me b4 one who signed to be called out side the call block two be called i have turned down runs because of that.And even though you do that because its only right dispt and management thinks you turn it down because your lazy.

I am always right up front and direct with dispatch when called. I speak slowly and tell them very clearly: "I'm turning that run down because I'm lazy!"

can i ask what this "call block" is about? never heard that term used before in trucking world. or what you sign, a waiver i think was mentioned. and do not call language, is that whenever you want or just for weekends or extra work?

For road we have a call block, from 5-9 both am and pm they can call you for a run or when you bid you can elect for them to call you outside this time also.

FM