TForce | you must fill out the United Way form

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
If you don't want to give to united way you muse say so, if you don't fill out the form you will have a "gift Donation" taken out of your check.

You must mark "I do not want to give"

Always thought I had to sign my name to have donations subtracted from my pay. Must be a new UPS thing. Where is the form? Perhaps it remains hidden to ensure 100% compliance.

:1036316054:
If you don't want to give to united way you muse say so, if you don't fill out the form you will have a "gift Donation" taken out of your check.

You must mark "I do not want to give"

Con-way does the same thing to us. They give us a form with our names pre-printed and say we must fill it out. We've always thrown them away and nothing happens. I don't have a problem with charity, I just have enough deductions from my check already.

Time to check the employee portal for this hidden vessel.

I checked UPSers and haven't found anything about being automatically opted in.

I have no problem with "them" making a contribution on my behalf, but I have no interest
in this coming out of my check:hysterical:
especially without knowing about it.:chairshot:

Con-way does the same thing to us. They give us a form with our names pre-printed and say we must fill it out. We've always thrown them away and nothing happens. I don't have a problem with charity, I just have enough deductions from my check already.

I worked for a company years ago that expected everyone to "give" out of your check every week.
You received a black mark if you chose no donate....and that's when I decided to move on.

I don't necessarily have a problem being charitable, but it's not a donation if you have no choice.

That's because they only act on the ones that have been turned in, so if you toss it out, the terminal looks like it could care less about the United Way, Boy Scout, Girl Scout etc. community. It's also a tax deduction if you itemize.

I checked UPSers and haven't found anything about being automatically opted in.

I have no problem with "them" making a contribution on my behalf, but I have no interest
in this coming out of my check:hysterical:
especially without knowing about it.:chairshot:

I checked and found lots of other useful information.
Did not see any form for employee deductions to the United Way.

I'm going to assume the forms will be handled at a local level. At that point I will ask, "What if we don't fill them out. Is it an automatic default deduction?".

My brother-in-law was given the golden boot award from the Eastmen Kodak Co.,about 5 years ago,in one of their down sizing missions.
Kodak always pledged millions to the United Way every year.
The dontation was largely dependent on employee payroll deductions.
My brother-in-law told me he didn't opt to give anything to a group that gave some of their money to groups he wouldn't give to on his own.
I asked if this was a manditory,volentary donation program?
He said that was about it.
Maybe their was two list of employees one list that had good attitudes that were willing to give,and another list of workers that didn't go along with the companies way of thinking.

When he lost his job,he only had 12 days to go before his birthday.
When he could of got his full retirement.
He wound up with two weeks pay for every year he had.
Which is some money that lasted him two years untill he had to get a job at the Home Dumpster till he reached 62 for social security.

I've never asked him this question,because I never thought of it till now with this thread topic.
But If he was on the right list willing to allow payroll deductions for this charity would he been able to stay 12 more days for a better package?

No I'm not going to ask him this,but I don't care for this charity for the same reason he didn't like them.
If I knew more of were their money is going I may give something?
But not knowing everyone they support I think my name is going to be put on the bad list,if UPS has such a thing?

I can't imagine they would terminate a good freight employee based on whether he gave a dollar or two a week to an outside organization:nutkick: However I do remember a C. O. I had in the U.S.Army that requested :chairshot: we give to the United Way {coincidence UPS = Military}