XPO | You only have 1 life, $ isn't everything.

squeaky

TB Lurker
Credits
20+ years for CNW and you realize all the things you missed will put things into perspective. Sure, I make good money, but when the the maker calls can you hold your head up high?

I get what you're saying, I do, but that's why I'll go down with the ship - the home daily schedule. My last 4 bid years have run like clockwork almost day in and day out. I suppose that might not be the case for everyone but I'm always within about 30 minutes start punch to end punch on my line-haul run. I know we work a lot of hours but I've driven otr, and that was a lot more hours with a lot less pay while missing everything that happened between Sunday afternoon and Friday evening. Sometimes weekends too if I ran the west coast. I know nights screws things up sometimes but if nothing else it's predictable.

I'm not trying to minimize what you're saying because I get it, but the schedule is what will keep me here till I find something away from this industry altogether.

I get what you're saying, I do, but that's why I'll go down with the ship - the home daily schedule. My last 4 bid years have run like clockwork almost day in and day out. I suppose that might not be the case for everyone but I'm always within about 30 minutes start punch to end punch on my line-haul run. I know we work a lot of hours but I've driven otr, and that was a lot more hours with a lot less pay while missing everything that happened between Sunday afternoon and Friday evening. Sometimes weekends too if I ran the west coast. I know nights screws things up sometimes but if nothing else it's predictable.

I'm not trying to minimize what you're saying because I get it, but the schedule is what will keep me here till I find something away from this industry altogether.

Cracks me up when people say I made $20K more at ABF this year. Well yeah, I hope so. Living in motels and sleeping on the wheel.

I make enough to cover my bills. Hopefully the government will just start paying us to stay home. And I can do nothing all day.

You can kinda do that now. But the money is still a little low. And the neighborhoods are a bit sketchy.

Can always supplement your income selling weed.

I don't know. I like my job. I hope to do it as long as possible.

20+ years for CNW and you realize all the things you missed will put things into perspective. Sure, I make good money, but when the the maker calls can you hold your head up high?

very good point for the overtime pigs that just want to work all the time and never go home !!!!!

If a guy wants to work overtime that's his business, why you even worrying about it?

NOT worrying about it , as it gives me and is old lady more time to drink beer & party while he works all the time !! ha ha ha , so just keep right on workng them 60-70 hrs weks as we need the beer money !!! ha ha ha

NOT worrying about it , as it gives me and is old lady more time to drink beer & party while he works all the time !! ha ha ha , so just keep right on workng them 60-70 hrs weks as we need the beer money !!! ha ha

....OPP , how can I explain it....

OPP is timing other people's is what you get , there no room for a relation ship just enough time to hit it ...

You down with OPP ( yeah you know me )
Who's down with OPP ( every last homie )

Last edited by a moderator:
If a guy wants to work overtime that's his business, why you even worrying about it?

I would give this a double-like if possible. Nothing worse than a busy body. Some people just don't have the opportunity to work extra, so they bash you for doing it. They would do it in a minute, if they could. I love it.

They're going to come here and say that they could work all they want, but choose not too...that's B.S. they would if they could.

NOT worrying about it , as it gives me and is old lady more time to drink beer & party while he works all the time !! ha ha ha , so just keep right on workng them 60-70 hrs weks as we need the beer money !!! ha ha ha

I've learned through the years, that a person that says that they are not worried about something, really are worried about it. If you were really "not worried" about it, then you would not be on here bashing people...yeah, you wished you could be like them..your worried about it.

NOT worrying about it , as it gives me and is old lady more time to drink beer & party while he works all the time !! ha ha ha , so just keep right on workng them 60-70 hrs weks as we need the beer money !!! ha ha

....OPP , how can I explain it....

OPP is timing other people's is what you get , there no room for a relation ship just enough time to hit it ...

You down with OPP ( yeah you know me )
Who's down with OPP ( every last homie )

Uh, you need to lay off the Michelob

That 12 pack i drank at cleos and my and blood pressure medicine didnt mix to well ... Guess I need to drink Whiskey next time so I can sing the blues .!

When I think whiskey. I think Nashville and country.

When I think scotch. I think Memphis and the blues.

When I think of those pills mixing with that alcohol. I think your in la-la land singing like a canary.

When I think whiskey. I think Nashville and country.

When I think scotch. I think Memphis and the blues.

When I think of those pills mixing with that alcohol. I think your in la-la land singing like a canary.
To funny ... I'd like to see the expression on the faces of the peeps that's monitoring our spy cams . Ill bet they would say ' these truck drivers are nuts !

Last edited by a moderator: