FedEx Freight | You should have

westdriver

TB Regular
Credits
taken the money ! stupid!
all of you people transfering all over the states , really !
in a couple of months when they figure out they dont want half the freight
they have , or half the drivers , it will all be gone , and you wont be getting 14 g to go away. If they wanted to keep you would they have given you the money ?
heres your sign :poster_stupid:

Gezzz Westdriver nice of you to be so positive and spread such good will.

Thanks / SMOKESTACK

I agree. If I could slide and let the guy below me stay I'd do it hands down but I don't think that offer is on the table anymore

If you've got something else decent lined up or are near retirement, taking the severance is definitely the way to go....as that is a nice chunk of change.
If not, you might want to try and stay-on as the pay/bennies here are very good.
You can always opt for the 90-day layoff and see if something comes up...if not you still get the full severance after 90 days.
They've also waived the 6-month transfer requirement...so you could transfer somewhere and if it doesn't work out you could transfer somewhere else.
So you'd end up like being in the Grapes Of Wrath.

The smartest move of all would be to take the severance and use it to go back to school and GET THE HELL OUT of trucking altogether!!!!!
This industry SUCKS!

Go to school for what exactly? If someone has a job they need to keep it for as long as they possibly can. That settlement money can be gone quick and finding a job is superhard to do nowadays. Good luck to everyone out here and do what you got to do for famalies and your livelihood. Prayer is always a good thing to start doing as well! Just my two cents!

For those of you wanting the severence, I hope you get it. I just don't see the bean counters letting everybody that wanted it, getting it.

At our terminal they had us fill out our papers this week if we wan't 90 day lay-off or severance I thought it was january 14th we had to make this decision. I do not think we will make it all the way to the end of january.
I took the severance pay the 90 day layoff was too much of a chance they could call you back for 1 day then you would not be eligible for the severance.
Good luck to all
xcsp

Hey West Guy, SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm trying to get the money and run. The next thing you will be saying is the powers to be are clueless.

At our terminal they had us fill out our papers this week if we wan't 90 day lay-off or severance I thought it was january 14th we had to make this decision. I do not think we will make it all the way to the end of january.
I took the severance pay the 90 day layoff was too much of a chance they could call you back for 1 day then you would not be eligible for the severance.
Good luck to all
xcsp

This week? I had to sign mine back in October ! Starting to wish I had taken the money though.

Allot of drivers WANTED the severance, but FEDEX denied it, so they had to take positions somewhere else, or have no job. So whats the big deal of transferring? I am not sure whay FEDEX would not want half the freight they have...that makes NO sense...I think you just a mad and angry little man. You must be really short.

Name calling always works
must be a newbie to fedex
every couple of years they dump a bunch of marginal freight
they picked up all this yrcw freight that pays nothing
and they dont want it anymore
so in a couple of months you can sit in front of your 12 in tv with rabbit ears
drinking your purple beer , scratching your squirel sized acorns
and wonder where the freight went and where your welfare check is
better yet just drag your sorry rear along with the rest of your useless
watkins buddies over to swift where they might actually hire you
if fedex wouldnt have bought you you wouldn't have been hired here
we used to have standard

Name calling always works
must be a newbie to fedex
every couple of years they dump a bunch of marginal freight
they picked up all this yrcw freight that pays nothing
and they dont want it anymore
so in a couple of months you can sit in front of your 12 in tv with rabbit ears
drinking your purple beer , scratching your squirel sized acorns
and wonder where the freight went and where your welfare check is
better yet just drag your sorry rear along with the rest of your useless
watkins buddies over to swift where they might actually hire you
if fedex wouldnt have bought you you wouldn't have been hired here
we used to have standard

Wow! Thanks for the great advice! You know me so well:D
lol...that got you going there short man!