XPO | You tell me which is better

badwolf said:
BTW, at our terminal the donuts are on Fridays, not Mondays. Are you sure you are a Conway driver and not some union thug posing? Oh, and I don't think the family plan costs more to add kids. It costs more if your wife has health insurance but does not take it; which makes sense. It costs more if you have your wife and kids on it than if you are single w/o dependents (as it should). I am really thinking that you are a poser; your arguments don't add up.

If you do really work for Conway and are soooo unhappy here; why don't you find another company where you will be happy? I did that. When TLC went under due to the union (and an ******* owner) I stayed with the company that bought it until I decided that they would not come up with health coverage. Then I went to Conway.

If you are not happy here; go and find someplace where you will be!

Really??? On a few MONDAYS we get doughnuts. so I guess that makes me a "thug" or poser? Lmao wow. If you're scared just say you're scared it's ok. I'm glad you bleed blue the company needs more drivers like you.

BTW, at our terminal the donuts are on Fridays, not Mondays. Are you sure you are a Conway driver and not some union thug posing? Oh, and I don't think the family plan costs more to add kids. It costs more if your wife has health insurance but does not take it; which makes sense. It costs more if you have your wife and kids on it than if you are single w/o dependents (as it should). I am really thinking that you are a poser; your arguments don't add up.

If you do really work for Conway and are soooo unhappy here; why don't you find another company where you will be happy? I did that. When TLC went under due to the union (and an ******* owner) I stayed with the company that bought it until I decided that they would not come up with health coverage. Then I went to Conway.

I think you are the poser here. What does it matter when he gets his donuts? We don't get them at all at our terminal, so what. They do to charge for kids. The plan I'm on costs me $19/kid. If you have to kick in for your insurance then I guess it makes sense that a single/no kid person should pay less. The guy with a wife n 2 kids however, that has more mouths to feed, pays $106.50/wk. If he gets the vision n dental to go with it on the top plan. But then that's the responsible thing to do if you have kids. It sure is a lot to pay on bottom scale though. Hell $426/month is a lot to pay at top scale if you don't want to work 12-14 hrs a day so you can see your family for a little bit. But then again I guess you don't have a family after reading your post. Are you sure your a driver and not some management thug posing?

YOUR compensation; like the $18 an hour that Yellow Brick Roadway is getting now? I just got paid this am, I think my hourly rate was $23. Do you REALLY want union rates? If so; go over to YRC and take the pay cut.

Do you remember what happened with Eastern? The one of the 3 that bought a union company? It folded because it could not make a profit with a union.

I have about 15 yrs before I can retire; I don't want MY company that I chose in part because it WAS NOT union to go belly up before then. I have been there and done that. I don't need to do it again.

If YOUR company goes belly up......You should have planned better.

If YOUR company goes belly up......You should have planned better.

I'm trying to avoid my company going belly up. Of all the trucking companies that have gone under in the last 20 years ask yourself; how many were union and how many were non-union.

I have plenty of beefs with the company; but I don't want to see it go under - I really don't want to start all over again.

badwolf said:
I'm trying to avoid my company going belly up. Of all the trucking companies that have gone under in the last 20 years ask yourself; how many were union and how many were non-union.

I have plenty of beefs with the company; but I don't want to see it go under - I really don't want to start all over again.

None of us want to see the company go under or have to start over. Do you think there needs to b some changes? Are you happy with the reduction in pay,benefits and respect? This company isn't OURS anymore. It's been a slow steady effort to pick our wallets apart while stuffing theirs. Since 06 we have seen a steady decline in overall compensation but thats not the case with mgmt and bod. Why? In part because they tested the waters and found little resistance so they moved forward with getting their hands on some big money while we get wages and bennies that are at least 4 years out of date. May I suggest you take a look at some 10k filings and annual statements? All the bonuses,perks,salaries,debt,cash etc is right there in black and white.

I do realize that as a lowly uneducated driver that I'm not as important to the company but at least humor me a little bit and hook me up every once in a while. What ever happened to the longer you stayed with a company the better you were compensated? Loyalty is not a word in the corporate dictionary.

"Think he ever sees some a-hole come storming out on the dock, belittle the guy in front of him and then strut back into his a/c office?" ummm yeah, never seen that before at Conway lololololol. "formed a relationship with many of these folks over the years. " what folks? the drivers or the management part that pay your bill? and since you're so proud of it, what is your knowledge of ltl, and how many docks have you been on? what exactly do you do if you're not a driver/dock worker?

My point was not that it never happens at Con-Way, rather one doesn't have to be a genius to observe work environments and get a pretty good idea of what it would be like to work there.

Folks? Drivers, dock workers, OS&D clerks, TM's, I get along with most of them. These days the choices as to which service provider to utilize and the person signing the checks aren't at the local level. They are usually in states I've never been to.

As to my LTL knowledge I've been hesitant to say exactly what I do and who I do it for as some may chose to judge my employer and fellow employees based on opinions that are only mine. I'd guess that I've probably been on at least 60 different docks for over 15 different LTL carriers. My LTL knowledge? Like most I started on the dock. I've done time in P&D, OS&D, W&I, dispatch, OPS manager, assistant TM, Freight claims manager, the only thing I have not done is sales. I've been employed as a packaging analyst and freight inspector for the past 13 years. 25 years in LTL.

Ok, First things first, You don't want the Union in. we all get that but you don't have any arguments as to why. You don't even have you facts right. 2nd I started this as a Adult forum not for any name calling (Thug, Poser) So do us all a faver and do some rescerch before you say anything and stop ranting on what you don't know about. 3rd whats with the name babwolf are you trying to make up for some short comming.

Absolute agreement about your observations. I've been on all three sides of this; a Teamster, Management (both union and non), as well as a service contractor providing service to both Union and nons alike. I probably visit more terminals and carriers in a month than many will see in a lifetime.
I'd gladly give up a couple of bucks an hour to be treated like an appreciated and respected employee. To work in an enviorment where it isn't us vs. them. To work in an enviroment where I will get rewarded based on merit, not the date I was hired.

Others may choose to have a few extra bucks, a bit better benefit package, but what do they get in exchange? 90+% of them are probably pissed off on their way to work and most of the way through the day! Going to spend 2000 hours a year for 30 years in a crappy environment in exchange for a few bucks? What a waste.
Typical answer of some one who has been on "Both" side, Well so have I and I still would choose a "Bit" better benefit package and couple of bucks an hour to be treated like an appreciated and respected employee. that's why I had stayed 19 plus years until the company shut every thing down. Wait I forgot it must of been the Unions fault that the company shut down and laid off all the workers, read the past post and do some research on Con-way. I would Love to be treated like an appreciated and respected employee. To work in a environment where it isn't us vs them and to work in a environment where I get rewarded based on merit. Your words and when Con-way works that way let me know.

Wait you went from a assistant tm back to a driver something doesnt add up.Keep all the food ,cookouts whatever its all about the money and bennies.The money is there now its just greed who cant agree on that?

Then don't let it! With all the name calling & Jabs aside do a little research and reading on what's going on in the company and outside the company. UPS is the largest union company out there and they are not going belly up Why ? Because they (UPS & The Union) do have a working agreement and they both need and want it to work. Understand a union contract just helps to keep both sides even , gives you representation and also the company has rules in writing that they have to follow and the Union makes sure its followed buy the members. As I have stated before You tell me which is Better. So Do some research and tell me which is Better.

maybe you don't work for cnw because his numbers are right on the medical,how come you company clowns only bring up yrc,who who was mismanaged and got to big and the economy crashed,answer :because you're a little sheep brainwashed by the uppers.it's amazing,why don't you bring up ups frt,abf,the multiple garbage haulers and food industry haulers that are prospering as teamsters,post their wages and extremely better bene's than maybe someone would take you seriously,not you little brainwashed yrc,yrc,yrc,guess you can't think for yourself,better wait for more monday morning brainwashing,by the way in this area donuts and such are usually mondays at most terminals,but i know 2 of them cut them out.

maybe you don't work for cnw because his numbers are right on the medical,how come you company clowns only bring up yrc,who who was mismanaged and got to big and the economy crashed,answer :because you're a little sheep brainwashed by the uppers.it's amazing,why don't you bring up ups frt,abf,the multiple garbage haulers and food industry haulers that are prospering as teamsters,post their wages and extremely better bene's than maybe someone would take you seriously,not you little brainwashed yrc,yrc,yrc,guess you can't think for yourself,better wait for more monday morning brainwashing,by the way in this area donuts and such are usually mondays at most terminals,but i know 2 of them cut them out.
Your are so right if they did any research insteade of just sitting at monday morning meetings they might just learn some facts about what is going on outside of this company. Insteade of being told what is wrong and right, all the while they can't see what is happing. Wheres our riases? Has Manigment getting the same cuts as we do or are they above us? If you ask them It's none of your bisuness. But if they make the locale staions some proffit. They make bonises on all levels.

Wait you went from a assistant tm back to a driver something doesnt add up.Keep all the food ,cookouts whatever its all about the money and bennies.The money is there now its just greed who cant agree on that?

I'm not certain you are referring to my post....I never said I went back to a driver. The highest position I held while employed by an LTL carrier was Freight Claims Manager.

I would Love to be treated like an appreciated and respected employee. To work in a environment where it isn't us vs them and to work in a environment where I get rewarded based on merit. Your words and when Con-way works that way let me know.

The last company where I spent a lot of time on their docks and it seemed to work that way was Viking. The worst environment were a couple of select CF docks, with a particular RDWY dock that wasn't too far behind. There was a small CF operation that seemed like a "decent" environment, but I think the small size and a good group of people top to bottom there made a huge difference.

I wonder if there are some stats somewhere on the greivance filed per 1000/man hours somewhere by local by carrier....that should be a pretty good indicator of those work environments. ;)

Company Clowns?

The last company where I spent a lot of time on their docks and it seemed to work that way was Viking. The worst environment were a couple of select CF docks, with a particular RDWY dock that wasn't too far behind. There was a small CF operation that seemed like a "decent" environment, but I think the small size and a good group of people top to bottom there made a huge difference.

I wonder if there are some stats somewhere on the greivance filed per 1000/man hours somewhere by local by carrier....that should be a pretty good indicator of those work environments. ;)
SC that is a bad example to use. non unions don't have a greivance procedure. If you knew as much as you say you would hear the rumblings at non union companies. They are just afraid to speak their minds to mgmt because of retaliation.

My point was not that it never happens at Con-Way, rather one doesn't have to be a genius to observe work environments and get a pretty good idea of what it would be like to work there.

Folks? Drivers, dock workers, OS&D clerks, TM's, I get along with most of them. These days the choices as to which service provider to utilize and the person signing the checks aren't at the local level. They are usually in states I've never been to.

As to my LTL knowledge I've been hesitant to say exactly what I do and who I do it for as some may chose to judge my employer and fellow employees based on opinions that are only mine. I'd guess that I've probably been on at least 60 different docks for over 15 different LTL carriers. My LTL knowledge? Like most I started on the dock. I've done time in P&D, OS&D, W&I, dispatch, OPS manager, assistant TM, Freight claims manager, the only thing I have not done is sales. I've been employed as a packaging analyst and freight inspector for the past 13 years. 25 years in LTL.

15 different LTL carriers in 25 years? Wow.

I was thinking the same thing. lol. Sorry I never checked this thread..
If you had read this thread this was posted Number #12. So before you jump into a thread I hope you read them a little so here it is for you with out going back to #12.:nut_kick:
I was laid off after 19 plus years at DHL/Airborne express. The Union didn't lay me off but when a company lays off 2500 drivers from 10 different station and shuts them down there really not much they can do. This was just my Local 295 in NY,now in Wilmington Ohio they shut down a whole town and most of them where not Teamsters. So go ahead say it was the Unions but you better read up on it first, it was all over the news pal. DHL is the company that tried to take on UPS & Fed-Ex and through mismanagement, they underbid and over spent to the tune of 5 billion a year loss for 5 years or better. In my opinion.Wait a minute, yea that's it the Unions caused it. But wait it get even better they are getting back into the package delivery services be it may they are going at it in smaller steps now. But yea the Unions caused it. Do some home work and a little research to get your facts right.