XPO | you took my incentive away

Actually, with the reception of each 401K quarterly statement, I am starting to believe that maybe they did me a favor, which is why I chose to suspend MY contributions for the next 6-9 months...I want to see if this market is going to bottom out so that everything I throw in there, and they throw in there, just isn't crapped out the other end..I was getting real tired of that rerun every 3 months..
You will most likely see some adjustments coming on the vacation policy in the next 10 days or so..

Yup, And it will be that "company concession" that will placate the masses and we all soon forget about the rest of our takebacks.

This is something like you will hear. What's hilarious about this whole thing is that it was probably written last January when this whole plan was contrived. "Golly valued employee. We could not have foreseen such strong opinion vocalized by you , so we have reconsidered and we are making the vacation policy more employee friendly."

Result; In the eyes of Conway, - Success, all is well. They are counting on our short term memory about the rest of the takaways.

Watch and see.

Yup, And it will be that "company concession" that will placate the masses and we all soon forget about the rest of our takebacks.

This is something like you will hear. What's hilarious about this whole thing is that it was probably written last January when this whole plan was contrived. "Golly valued employee. We could not have foreseen such strong opinion vocalized by you , so we have reconsidered and we are making the vacation policy more employee friendly."

Result; In the eyes of Conway, - Success, all is well. They are counting on our short term memory about the rest of the takaways.

Watch and see.

I will counter by saying the same, watch and see...and for the record, I have never heard them use the word "Golly"...

I will counter by saying the same, watch and see...and for the record, I have never heard them use the word "Golly"...

Well be surprised.

Perhaps they were feeling a little chummy and cheesy when they prepared it.

Well be surprised.

Perhaps they were feeling a little chummy and cheesy when they prepared it.

I'll wait for the DVD version, but, just out of idle curiosity.......

What could the vacation policy possibly change to, that would mitigate the level of frustration created by all of the recent "enhancements"?????

I am trying to come up with a change, any change, that would make everyone (anyone?)........comfortable with all of (any of?) the sewage that has been coming out of the Palace.

Thanks, nice to be seen. Press on. PS Tried to Greenie up on your *ss but was told I got to spread the wealth, you know, give to the undeserving also.....

Thanks, nice to be seen. Press on. PS Tried to Greenie up on your *ss but was told I got to spread the wealth, you know, give to the undeserving also.....

Well thank you but there are lots of recognizable posts going on around here. I keep running up against a window that sez I've given too many greenies out in the last 24 hours.

Sittin' here cruisin' the boards and watching Trick My Truck. Maybe we could raise morale if one truck from each terminal went out and got tricked. Maybe they already did...in reverse. Press on

I'll wait for the DVD version, but, just out of idle curiosity.......

What could the vacation policy possibly change to, that would mitigate the level of frustration created by all of the recent "enhancements"?????

I am trying to come up with a change, any change, that would make everyone (anyone?)........comfortable with all of (any of?) the sewage that has been coming out of the Palace.

One idea that I can think of, that would placate everyone, is to purchase our vacation days from us at the end of the year. The same can be done with the PTO days too. Sure, it would cost the company a little money, but it would be a one-time expense. Not only would this be the right thing to do, but it would sure smooth over a lot of the hurt that they have caused. :woot:

Sittin' here cruisin' the boards and watching Trick My Truck. Maybe we could raise morale if one truck from each terminal went out and got tricked. Maybe they already did...in reverse. Press on

:Pick-Me: Oh...your'e not talking about the guys who drive pickups, are you? :biglaugh:

One idea that I can think of, that would placate everyone, is to purchase our vacation days from us at the end of the year. The same can be done with the PTO days too. Sure, it would cost the company a little money, but it would be a one-time expense. Not only would this be the right thing to do, but it would sure smooth over a lot of the hurt that they have caused. :woot:

There are no more vac and pto categories....just days off...I believe we will see some adjustments coming soon, just got to get details worked out..

look at the savings, extra money not spent on linehaul vaction pay.. since 1983
40 hrs pay for 60hrs. plus work ... B.S...not at all, inline with other big LTL's never has
never will . they wanna soften the blow ....offer 1/52nd of yearly linehaul wage for my vacation pay .... that aint going to happen.. if its' so good and fair for linhaul to take aprx.40% vacation pay cut ...well how about all mngmnt ..they also can feel the joy when that vacation check comes.

look at the savings, extra money not spent on linehaul vaction pay.. since 1983
40 hrs pay for 60hrs. plus work ... B.S...not at all, inline with other big LTL's never has
never will . they wanna soften the blow ....offer 1/52nd of yearly linehaul wage for my vacation pay .... that aint going to happen.. if its' so good and fair for linhaul to take aprx.40% vacation pay cut ...well how about all mngmnt ..they also can feel the joy when that vacation check comes.

We have a negotiated salary that is the same whether we work 40-60-80 hours in a week..

negotiate....we don't get this option..

We don't get to negotiate whether we work 40-60-80 hours a week either...we just work it because that's what we signed on for when we were looking for a job and this company gave us one....when I reach the point that I don't want this one anymore, I will look for another...

There are no more vac and pto categories....just days off...I believe we will see some adjustments coming soon, just got to get details worked out..

What category do the sick days go into?