Yellow | You'll shoot your eye out !

Havoc

It's better to burn out than to fade away
Credits
j4VCMfZ.jpg

j6RnahE.jpg

j6RnahE.jpg

I've read a lot about other member's birdbrain management at their terminals, but these two management personal have truly earned the name. We have a Terminal Manager and an evening shift supervisor who allow employees to bring firearms to their work area to shoot pigeons in their spare time, and we're not talking just about bb guns. It's nothing to see an employee headed down to his work area carrying a scoped rifle. I don't blame the employee because the Terminal Manager is allowing it, but you would like to think they had more common sense than this. I'm Pro gun and Pro hunting, but this isn't the place. This is dangerous and I've seen some inhumane acts. YRC has a no firearm policy on their property and this Terminal Manager and supervisor should be terminated for pure stupidity.

j4VCMfZ.jpg

j6RnahE.jpg

j6RnahE.jpg

I've read a lot about other member's birdbrain management at their terminals, but these two management personal have truly earned the name. We have a Terminal Manager and an evening shift supervisor who allow employees to bring firearms to their work area to shoot pigeons in their spare time, and we're not talking just about bb guns. It's nothing to see an employee headed down to his work area carrying a scoped rifle. I don't blame the employee because the Terminal Manager is allowing it, but you would like to think they had more common sense than this. I'm Pro gun and Pro hunting, but this isn't the place. This is dangerous and I've seen some inhumane acts. YRC has a no firearm policy on their property and this Terminal Manager and supervisor should be terminated for pure stupidity.
Agreed, 100%. I'm an NRA Life Member, this is Wrong.

They do it at 525 on the weekends. What they use.. A firearm or BB gun I don't know.
Too cheap to hire people to remove them.
So they "Manage" this with their usual management skills.
Which do not exist.

j4VCMfZ.jpg

j6RnahE.jpg

j6RnahE.jpg

What Terminal is it ? You should send them pics to the big Dawgs in KC..

The Roadway Albuquerque terminal had a problem with pigeons at one time. They tried owl decoys and a hawk sounding sound system. Best thing was when they had to rent a forklift to replace one that broke down. The rental was a high lift. When people working trailers got tired of being ::shit:: on, they would get on a pallet, and a fellow Teamster would lift them right up to the nest. Some Sunday afternoons working inbound trailers, there would be nests, broken eggs, and dead baby pigeons all over the dock.

Back in the Big R days, we had a catalogue with gifts for safe working. One night I ran into a UPS feeder, and we got to talking. I was astounded to learn that UPS did too. And that they had the option of ordering a shotgun! I told him Big R would NEVER give it's drivers SHOTGUNS! :duh:
SHOTGUNS?????? :hilarious:

its against all working rules to even bring a weapon to the dock . you will be fired with no recourse .

It's not as clearcut as you think. The head of security at 511 walks around packing:bananag:

we had what was thought were shots fired at the 120 roadway dock 1 night from the hill behind the inbound dock . i watched the guard do his best barney fife by pulling his pistol and trying to load it as he quickly waddles his fat behind down the dock . he dropped a shell tried to catch it . then dropped his pistol and kicked it under a pallet . he was laying on his fat belly trying to reach his gun and nearly got run over buy the guy that was backfiring his motor .
one of the funniest thing id ever seen on that dock .
absolutely true story ..
you should have rules posted some where that says no weapons allowed .we did

we had what was thought were shots fired at the 120 roadway dock 1 night from the hill behind the inbound dock . i watched the guard do his best barney fife by pulling his pistol and trying to load it as he quickly waddles his fat behind down the dock . he dropped a shell tried to catch it . then dropped his pistol and kicked it under a pallet . he was laying on his fat belly trying to reach his gun and nearly got run over buy the guy that was backfiring his motor .
absolutely true story ..
you should have rules posted some where that says no weapons allowed .we did[/

Good Lord I remember hearing about that little show. I came back to 120 a few hours after it went down.

absolutely true story ..
Going off topic but an Abf Albuquerque dockworker came back to work one night in the early eighties, and shot the place up. I forget how many of his fellow Teamsters he killed. But who knows if a rental security guard with a gun would of helped.

absolutely true story ..

The guy who was backfiring his motor taught me how to do it, I had to pass it on when I transferred to Buffalo.