XPO | Younger ex-Conway employee

Sure thing Genius!

10% action, 90% reaction... it's just a job. Most other drivers just do their job and don't have an opinion of other carriers. The American work force is changing due to the American corporate structure and the standards by which they operate (corporate law).

OK Einstein, if you know so much, give five specific points of error on the part of "senior drivers" that directly support your opinion that they themselves were responsible for, or could have prevented your theory of "lost everything".

how 'bout we start a real debate here?

1) Pension

2) Sick days

3) Long term Disability

4) Long term health insurance

Now what did the senior drivers do after this happened? NOTHING! They took the beating and ***** to each other nightly about it, without doing or saying anything to management. Had this happened to me, I would have called the teamsters from the TM's office and let them know I AM THE ORGANIZER! Then again, I have balls and will stick up for myself & others, something most conway employess don't have. Instead they talk ::shit:: and won't walk the walk! That's a fact and that's why Conway hires anyone with a pulse(apprentice).

Team

You aint got no balls. Didn't you say that you quit. Your a quiter.:chairshot:

Being the only "I" in team why should I stay? I am in the MAJORITY of people who always "QUIT". The best part about conway is leaving and finding out how "BAD" you actually had it there. 99% of former employees who post on here always talk about how "GREAT" it is after leaving, I am just another one of "THEM". Conway has the highest turnover of employees because it does suck! I would have stayed if the "TEAM" was actually a "TEAM". There is no "TEAM" at conway it's everyone for themself! Too many :butt kiss: and not enough "BALLS" to stand up to what's right. I always spoke us when I saw something that's wrong and then always wished I didn't say anything because "NOT MANY" would back me up. That's a shame because I do know at least someone in every major LTL carrier around and they all "LAUGH" at conway, sorry to burst your bubble but it's "SO TRUE". Keep working there and have everything taken from you, I don't care. You are just a number at conway while I am being treated like a person something that is not common at conway, and you know it!

Conway has the highest turnover of employees because it does suck!

Ok prove it with actual numbers that con-way has the highest turnover rate .. if you can prove it you will have some credibility ... and debate it with merdock .. I dare you .. within the rules .. remember this is a NON UNION forum so you cant throw THAT up in here ..

Being the only "I" in team why should I stay? I am in the MAJORITY of people who always "QUIT". The best part about conway is leaving and finding out how "BAD" you actually had it there. 99% of former employees who post on here always talk about how "GREAT" it is after leaving, I am just another one of "THEM". Conway has the highest turnover of employees because it does suck! I would have stayed if the "TEAM" was actually a "TEAM". There is no "TEAM" at conway it's everyone for themself! Too many :butt kiss: and not enough "BALLS" to stand up to what's right. I always spoke us when I saw something that's wrong and then always wished I didn't say anything because "NOT MANY" would back me up. That's a shame because I do know at least someone in every major LTL carrier around and they all "LAUGH" at conway, sorry to burst your bubble but it's "SO TRUE". Keep working there and have everything taken from you, I don't care. You are just a number at conway while I am being treated like a person something that is not common at conway, and you know it!
I, personaly, have never been treated like you describe. And I am just a number, just like you at your new job. You think your new company cares about you? They got you fooled don't they?

As I was reading this ^^^

I stumbled across this -------->
I dont think Marijuana should be tested for. If someone smokes a few joints after work, why should that be so bad? People with hangovers from being drunk the night before are more dangerous than someone who smoked a joint! You want to smoke and drive, use this and it will work 100% of the time.

Quick Fix Urine

Cocaine, speed, heroin and all the hardcare drugs should be illegal but not POT! Save your job and enjoy your life!

and this ------>
Quick Fix Synthetic Urine is a laboratory grade synthetic urine that is used to calibrate urine testing machines.

This synthetic urine contains all of the ingredients found in natural human urine and is balenced for pH, specific gravity and creatinine. Infact, every batch of Quick Fix is tested before it leaves the lab! This ensures that you get the best sample possible!

Quickfix is unisex, meaning it will work for both male and female.

Unlike dehydrated or powdered urine the QuickFix is pre-mixed, making it easy to use in any last minute situation. Quick Fix takes only about 15 seconds to prepare!

and this ------->
Even the police see what's up.

LEAP - Cops Say

I give you credit for what you believe in .. but I think we know why you are an "EX-CON"

w-99, You found this person out. People who experiment early in life with minor drugs i can accept. But, those who use drugs then try and justify there usage is another........Then there is always a knuclehead like this person who also tries to beat the system. We have one of these underground pharmacies at my terminal. Thinks he can beat any drug test.

w-99, You found this person out. People who experiment early in life with minor drugs i can accept. But, those who use drugs then try and justify there usage is another........Then there is always a knuclehead like this person who also tries to beat the system. We have one of these underground pharmacies at my terminal. Thinks he can beat any drug test.

You are 100% on the money here. I do think marijuana laws are a little strict, but if you are endorsing products to beat the test you are a damn fool. Grow up. I drive the same roads you do. I don't want you passing me on a curve with a hangover, or feeling a little burnt out. Good job W99.:1036316054: Maybe his new job bends the rules with the randoms.

Where I live, about three years ago, a young woman (as I remember, she was 21 when this happened), was smoking weed, driving down the Interstate, and lost control of her car. There was a group of juvinile offenders (all teenagers) working in the center median on their weekend trash pick-up detail, working off their juvinile convictions, doing community service. They all had on the safety equipement, road signs out, cones, all of that.....the girl lost control of her car, plowed into them, and killed 12, 4 more were totally paralyzed, and 10 more injured in varying degrees.....she was convicted on all counts against her, owing to her being under the influence of marijuana, and sent to state prison, FOR LIFE........12 dead, countless more lives changed forever, and a 21 yr old girl, gone for LIFE, because she thought, as some others have here stated, marijuana to be harmless.......the people of my state, and yours, have a funny way of deciding on their own, what IS and IS NOT, harmless, especially when they sit in the jury box.

You are 100% on the money here. I do think marijuana laws are a little strict, but if you are endorsing products to beat the test you are a damn fool. Grow up. I drive the same roads you do. I don't want you passing me on a curve with a hangover, or feeling a little burnt out. Good job W99.:1036316054: Maybe his new job bends the rules with the randoms.
We agree 95% i actually oppose drugs and its users 100% including pot. :1036316054:

Where I live, about three years ago, a young woman (as I remember, she was 21 when this happened), was smoking weed, driving down the Interstate, and lost control of her car. There was a group of juvinile offenders (all teenagers) working in the center median on their weekend trash pick-up detail, working off their juvinile convictions, doing community service. They all had on the safety equipement, road signs out, cones, all of that.....the girl lost control of her car, plowed into them, and killed 12, 4 more were totally paralyzed, and 10 more injured in varying degrees.....she was convicted on all counts against her, owing to her being under the influence of marijuana, and sent to state prison, FOR LIFE........12 dead, countless more lives changed forever, and a 21 yr old girl, gone for LIFE, because she thought, as some others have here stated, marijuana to be harmless.......the people of my state, and yours, have a funny way of deciding on their own, what IS and IS NOT, harmless, especially when they sit in the jury box.
Incidents such as this happen way to often. Unfortunately most of the major broadcast news agencies owners are from the free love era and will not broadcast anything that puts pot in a negative light. But, they will broadcast every little thing about the alleged positives about smoking dope that has not been proven to be a benefit.
Sorry to come off topic.:smilie_132:

As a person that grew up in the days of pot being the IN thing to do and having family members that have continued to use pot for years I can state that it DOES affect a person adversely.

The way they act before, during and after the pot is so different. And they still defend the use of it! I sit and watch them telling past stories and know for a fact they have the information wrong. Memory loss, paranoia, lung problems, anger over nothing and they STILL defend the use of pot. Sad thing is that their reality is so altered that they don't know it. A shame.

We agree 95% i actually oppose drugs and its users 100% including pot. :1036316054:

I agree 100%. No drugs, no pot. Too much heartache over the years watching loved ones become below average in their thinking/IQ. I even try to be careful with prescription drugs I have to take for my heart, reading for side effects and watching out for them, if the side effects are worse than the illness then I don't take it.

True story: a man I knew was on SSD, wheelchair bound and looked pretty bad. He got with another person I know and they both started looking up side effects of the drugs he was on. He started weening himself from the drugs (prescriptions) and at the end he got out of the wheelchair and back to work.

I tried to keep this in the middle, not excessive praise or attack, just my honest observation. I hope it offers some insight for others interested:

For starters, this was the only decent company that offered local work to this CDL driver that only had a few months experience. I believe their policy has since changed, but nonetheless I have to appreciate this aspect otherwise I would have been working at a trucking company that only paid $9 an hour for local work, with trucks that were hardly maintained.

At first, working for Conway was complete shell shock. I went from working 8-9 hours per day, to 14 hours every night, 16 on Fridays of course. I almost quit because I just wasn't getting much sleep, but this company never seemed to care too much because as long as I was legal to drive, they felt I was safe. I still don't understand how this company has been awarded so many safe driving awards, I've never had an FOS seem to care about any driver's concerns when they are tired. The basic attitude is "hey, if you can't do it, go somewhere else". Well, when your options is a company paying almost double of any other company that will hire you, and excellent benefits, what options do you really have other than try not to fall asleep while driving and kill anybody?

Anyway, I was lucky enough to be hired before a group of students got their licenses, this shot me up in seniority very quickly so after a few months I was only running on Fridays, I still hated dock work, but hey, it's good money, right? Speed up a few years, I become more familiar with the company and get some good bids. Things seem to be much much better than the long tired nights from before. At this point I start feeling like this is my company, because I have a better overall picture of what is going on. For some, I can understand why they would love this company.

Some of the things that really ticked me off were, well, the fact that there seem to be an over abundance of managers. Most of the time the only thing I would see an FOS doing is standing around, as if their feet are holding the concrete dock from flying away. Occasionally they would be helpful for lesser experienced loaders on how to properly load a trailer, however, most of the time these FOS's had no dock experience themself so instead they would just scream at someone when the load doesn't look the way it should. It was rare they would actually be of any real use on the loading docks! I think my biggest complaint is that everytime we seemed to get a great manager, they would leave to another service center, or other company. Some of my favorite managers lasted just a few months, while the annoying idiots never left. I really was annoyed at how few managers were previous drivers, it seems they would rather hire someone out of college taught from a book how to be a manager, rather than someone within the company that might actually know how to get the job done, and not be a condescending a-hole at the same time!

The final blow for me was after my years of honest service having a few managers treat me as if I didn't know anything about the company or the customers, or even worse, act as if I didn't care! I had multiple customers request me as their driver, so I know I was doing something right, but management never seemed to notice. Maybe this happened because I'm not a suck-up, a lot of the management love those types of people, but it's just not me. I'll suck up to the customer, but that's it.

I think what I liked most were the other drivers. There was always a great attitude from most drivers regardless if they were a 30 year vet, or a brand new recruit. It is just unfortunate that attitude rarely seemed to go up into management, I have a feeling there is a much more negative attitude coming from higher up that kills any positive attitudes any management might have.

At the end of the day I guess it comes down to what you want from a company. If you don't mind the constant condescending attitudes and lack of respect for your good honest work from management, you probably wouldn't have anything bad to say. But for me, I just want more, a little respect is all I ask. To be treated like a human, not a cyborg robot that only gets sick 5 times a year and can work for 72 hours a week with no problems. Sorry, I guess I'm just a little too human for this company, or perhaps, any trucking company?

14 hours a day and 16 on friday man thats a good thing. i know your checks were nice.

In no way do I endorse the use of pot. However, I think there are bigger fish to fry than the local loser with a few joints in his car. Basically, I feel the amount needed to be charged with intent to deliver is way too small. That is a pretty serious charge when the bum just wanted to burn a few. The lack of prison space could be used much better to imprison those who really deserve it. That being said, I am all for any type of random drug testing, DOT or company, DUI checkpoints, and REAL punishment for those who manufacture and distribute drugs.:chairshot:

If the goverment had not put Bobby Seals in a spot to where he would get killed, there would be no drug problem. It would be like the 20`s and 30`s to where there would be a very, very small amount of people useing drugs. But thanks to our lack of holding our goverment, ( just like CON-way ), accountable for what they do, and let them become power hungry and care less about the people that they are there to serve, we would not have a drug problem. All it amounts to is the bottom line, how much money can we make while screwing everyone we can. To each his own, I will not try to make you believe in what I do or say, and in the same token, don`t blow smoke up my lower orfice. Until people get a back bone and tell the goverment that we pay there salary, and they do not pay ours, nothing is going to change.

I agree 100%. No drugs, no pot. Too much heartache over the years watching loved ones become below average in their thinking/IQ. I even try to be careful with prescription drugs I have to take for my heart, reading for side effects and watching out for them, if the side effects are worse than the illness then I don't take it.

Just so you know, marijuana does not lower IQ levels, nor does it kill brain cells. The only reason this myth exists is because the smarter a person is, the less likely they will involve themselves with illegal activities. Because marijuana is illegal, most users are less educated than those who don't use marijuana. The drug itself isn't the reason for the users intelligence, but a lot of people will blame marijuana because they just don't want to take responsibility for their dumb actions, or choices in life.

As for DOT testing, it only proves the person used marijuana sometime within the last 30 days or so, it doesn't prove they used it while driving. Even though I don't believe it is smart or responsible to drive while high, many of the fears are completely overblown. It's really pointless to argue marijuana as a danger when I can walk into a store and buy some cough medicine and be far more dangerous with that in my system than if I had smoked some pot.
Incidents such as this happen way to often. Unfortunately most of the major broadcast news agencies owners are from the free love era and will not broadcast anything that puts pot in a negative light. But, they will broadcast every little thing about the alleged positives about smoking dope that has not been proven to be a benefit.
Sorry to come off topic.:smilie_132:

If you are talking about medical marijuana, then you should know that the FDA won't allow testing of marijuana. The federal government used to do ridiculously biased testing, such as suffocating monkeys with marijuana smoke. They would then blame their mental disorders on marijuana rather than the fact that the monkeys were not getting any oxygen. As more of tests like these were done, more and more scientists started calling BS on those tests, so the government got out of testing it all together. Sadly, many of those debunked tests are still cited as "proof" that marijuana is harmful.

Thank you for pointing out that my family are morons to begin with. When I said lower IQ, I meant that the people would have great memories, skills at working out problems, etc. and now do some of the stupidest things. And the people I'm talking about don't blame the pot, they say they need it, helps them, etc. while I'm sitting there seeing how it's affected them over time and not in a good way.

Next, I see you have bought into the hippie/liberal/idiots of free love in the 60's that run a lot of our government and pretty much all of our media. Every drug out there, whether prescription, OTC or illegal, has side effects. And I'd rather take some cough syrup that has a great chance of not doing me harm than a hit off a joint that is laced with only God knows what.

Does it matter when the drug was taken?

And no, I'm not a big believer in the government either.

I'll check out your statement that government doesn't test illegal drugs any more. You are aware that a lot of the street drugs started by drug companies and were taken to the street to be abused? LSD comes to mind.

Just so you know, marijuana does not lower IQ levels, nor does it kill brain cells. The only reason this myth exists is because the smarter a person is, the less likely they will involve themselves with illegal activities. Because marijuana is illegal, most users are less educated than those who don't use marijuana. The drug itself isn't the reason for the users intelligence, but a lot of people will blame marijuana because they just don't want to take responsibility for their dumb actions, or choices in life.

As for DOT testing, it only proves the person used marijuana sometime within the last 30 days or so, it doesn't prove they used it while driving. Even though I don't believe it is smart or responsible to drive while high, many of the fears are completely overblown. It's really pointless to argue marijuana as a danger when I can walk into a store and buy some cough medicine and be far more dangerous with that in my system than if I had smoked some pot.

If you are talking about medical marijuana, then you should know that the FDA won't allow testing of marijuana. The federal government used to do ridiculously biased testing, such as suffocating monkeys with marijuana smoke. They would then blame their mental disorders on marijuana rather than the fact that the monkeys were not getting any oxygen. As more of tests like these were done, more and more scientists started calling BS on those tests, so the government got out of testing it all together. Sadly, many of those debunked tests are still cited as "proof" that marijuana is harmful.