XPO | Younger ex-Conway employee

Every drug out there, whether prescription, OTC or illegal, has side effects. And I'd rather take some cough syrup that has a great chance of not doing me harm than a hit off a joint that is laced with only God knows what.
True, all medications do have side effects. However, you aren't talking about side effects to marijuana when you are talking about it being laced with other more dangerous drugs. "Laced" marijuana is a result of the underground market pushing marijuana along with other, much more harmful drugs, and is the exact reason why marijuana should be legal for medical use. If marijuana had the same protection from the FDA as other drugs have, any company producing marijuana and "lacing" it with other harmful drugs would be shut down in an instant. This danger you warn of would never exist under FDA monitoring, so you pretty much just proved my point of why medical marijuana should be legal.

If you want to talk about actual side effects to marijuana, that's fine too. But you have to realize when a medically ill patient chooses a drug they have to weigh the pros and cons with each medication they are considering. Many severe diseases require long term use of medication, and many popular pharmaceutical drugs have not been on the market long enough to determine it's safety.

I highly suggest you google the name Irvin Rosenfeld. He has been supplied marijuana by the federal government since 1982 as a result of a lawsuit that allowed a small number of Americans access to marijuana, provided directly by the government. Irvin is the most vocal of the few remaining alive today under this program, so I highly recommend looking into his story. He's not a liberal nut, but he is a strong medical marijuana activist ;)

If you can handle a small amount of liberalism, I also highly recommend watching the video below. Don't worry, it's only 10 minutes long, but is a good insight into medical marijuana in California.

YouTube - Medical Marijuana by Drew Carey and Reason.tv

One last thing, I wasn't implying your family members are morons, but simply that marijuana doesn't lower IQ or the number of brain cells. This has actually been proven, it wasn't meant to be taken as a slam against your family members. Not trying to be offensive, just informative :1036316054:

True, all medications do have side effects. However, you aren't talking about side effects to marijuana when you are talking about it being laced with other more dangerous drugs. "Laced" marijuana is a result of the underground market pushing marijuana along with other, much more harmful drugs, and is the exact reason why marijuana should be legal for medical use. If marijuana had the same protection from the FDA as other drugs have, any company producing marijuana and "lacing" it with other harmful drugs would be shut down in an instant. This danger you warn of would never exist under FDA monitoring, so you pretty much just proved my point of why medical marijuana should be legal.

If you want to talk about actual side effects to marijuana, that's fine too. But you have to realize when a medically ill patient chooses a drug they have to weigh the pros and cons with each medication they are considering. Many severe diseases require long term use of medication, and many popular pharmaceutical drugs have not been on the market long enough to determine it's safety.

I highly suggest you google the name Irvin Rosenfeld. He has been supplied marijuana by the federal government since 1982 as a result of a lawsuit that allowed a small number of Americans access to marijuana, provided directly by the government. Irvin is the most vocal of the few remaining alive today under this program, so I highly recommend looking into his story. He's not a liberal nut, but he is a strong medical marijuana activist ;)

If you can handle a small amount of liberalism, I also highly recommend watching the video below. Don't worry, it's only 10 minutes long, but is a good insight into medical marijuana in California.

YouTube - Medical Marijuana by Drew Carey and Reason.tv

One last thing, I wasn't implying your family members are morons, but simply that marijuana doesn't lower IQ or the number of brain cells. This has actually been proven, it wasn't meant to be taken as a slam against your family members. Not trying to be offensive, just informative :1036316054:

Marijuana Law Reform - NORML

Rhode Island: The Rhode Island Senate approved Senate Bill 2693 on May 15 in a 29-6 vote. A companion bill to this important measure, which seeks to create a dispensary system for Rhode Island’s state-qualified medical cannabis patients, awaits action by the Rhode Island House of Representatives. According to a new poll, nearly 70 percent of state voters support enacting a medical cannabis distribution system. Rhode Islanders are encouraged to write their state Representatives in support of this effort via NORML’s online advocacy system. To hear an interview with RIPAC’s Jesse Stout about this measure, check out NORML’s Daily Audio Stash here.

California: In an important victory for medical marijuana patients, the Assembly Committee on Labor and Employment has approved Assembly Bill 2279 in a 6-2 vote. The measure will now go to the Assembly floor. If passed, AB 2279 would protect patients from employment discrimination on the basis of their state-licensed medical cannabis use in off-work hours. Californians are strongly encouraged to contact their Assemblymembers via NORML’s online advocacy system.

California: Voters in Northern California’s Mendocino County will decide next month whether or not to repeal an eight-year old county law (The Personal Use of Marijuana Initiative, also known as Measure G) which legalized the possession and use of up to 25 marijuana plants. Measure B, a Mendocino County-wide ballot initiative, seeks to overturn the measure. To learn more about efforts opposing Measure B, please visit CANORML or No on B. You can also listen to California NORML Coordinator Dale Gieringer discuss this and other statewide campaigns on NORML’s Daily Audio Stash by clicking here.

Illinois: Senate Bill 2865, which seeks to allow for the therapeutic use of cannabis for qualified patients, continues to await action by the full Senate. This bill was recently amended to address concerns voiced by some of the Illinois law enforcement community. Illinois NORML supporters are urged to contact their state Senators in support of SB 2865 through NORML’s online advocacy system. To listen to Illinois NORML’s Daniel Linn discuss this effort, please click here.

Minnesota: Medical cannabis legislation is anticipated to go before the full House for a floor vote imminently. Passage of this legislation would ensure that medical marijuana patients in Minnesota would no longer have to fear arrest or prosecution from state law enforcement. However, Governor Pawlenty has indicated that he intends to veto this bill if it gets to his desk. You can view an ad urging Governor Pawlenty to rethink his position here. Minnesotans are strongly encouraged to urge their Representatives and the Governor to support these bills via NORML’s online advocacy system. You can also listen to IDFI Executive Director Charles Thomas discuss this effort on NORML’s Daily Audio Stash here.

If Truckingamer and Finalydayshift had put this much effort into their jobs at Conway maybe they would have worked out. But as we can see, they don't want to follow the rules of society. I'm sure at least one of you got fired. Why don't you two go to another forum and talk about your drug use.

If Truckingamer and Finalydayshift had put this much effort into their jobs at Conway maybe they would have worked out. But as we can see, they don't want to follow the rules of society. I'm sure at least one of you got fired. Why don't you two go to another forum and talk about your drug use.

I have to agree with beerfd here. I dont want the element of drug use being talked about here. In the con way thread. Last time I checked marijuana usage still is illegal for recreational usage. If you partake that is your choice. We dont want to know what YOUR choice is. We know it is a problem in all walks of life. Please keep it to yourself or find threads in other parts of the truckingboards that suit your tastes. I wont have anymore of it here.

I'm on W-99's side!

I have to agree with beerfd here. I dont want the element of drug use being talked about here. In the con way thread. Last time I checked marijuana usage still is illegal for recreational usage. If you partake that is your choice. We dont want to know what YOUR choice is. We know it is a problem in all walks of life. Please keep it to yourself or find threads in other parts of the truckingboards that suit your tastes. I wont have anymore of it here.

I didn't get fired from Conway, I handled some of Conway's most important accounts. I was so well liked by one particular account that was recently brought back after being lost to a competitor, that the manager frequently brought me lunch to show appreciation for the work I did.

I didn't bring the topic of marijuana up in this thread, you did. If you really don't want marijuana being discussed in this thread then why did you bring it up at all? If you insist, I will create a new thread for this side topic, but it wasn't my choice of topic in the first place. I was just clearing up a lot of miss-information about this particular subject. Maybe you would understand if you had a personal friend or family member with a serious disease and the best medication for their treatment was being unfairly criticized.

Show me your evidence of where and when either one of us admitted to marijuana usage? Maybe you can't handle the debate but please dont try and use political games with your analysis. It's easier to just not get involved in a discussion if you can't handle the heat.

For You

Show me your evidence of where and when either one of us admitted to marijuana usage? Maybe you can't handle the debate but please dont try and use political games with your analysis. It's easier to just not get involved in a discussion if you can't handle the heat. There has been no rule breaking. If moderators are allowed to change the rules of this board then please let me know that. I will in turn go and play some games with some children. At least they are young enough to change the rules as the game goes on.

Show me your evidence of where and when either one of us admitted to marijuana usage? Maybe you can't handle the debate but please dont try and use political games with your analysis. It's easier to just not get involved in a discussion if you can't handle the heat. There has been no rule breaking. If moderators are allowed to change the rules of this board then please let me know that. I will in turn go and play some games with some children. At least they are young enough to change the rules as the game goes on.

There is no evidence. The rules never change here. Read rule 16. http://www.truckingboards.com/siterules/
I copied and pasted your quotes in here about it because you refused to answer questions others asked you on why you were no longer a con way employee. Your posts implied that you failed a drug test.
I let the discussion go until somebody said something against it.
The way I see it you are attempting to pick at me because you are avoiding the questions others have asked you in other threads. If you want to make me the fall guy here fine. I can take it. You made a point telling everyone you are a disgruntled ex younger con way employee bellowing about how you are going to call the "U" because you feel you got unjustly fired .. funny then I find you in another thread giving people tips on how to beat a drug test. You are asked what or why you are no longer an employee and where you are working. You refused to answer these questions and they were being friendly to you. That is uncool. At least one thing is for certain .. if you want to go play with children go ahead play .. and when you ask a child a question they will answer you whether you want to here it or not.

I didn't get fired from Conway, I handled some of Conway's most important accounts. I was so well liked by one particular account that was recently brought back after being lost to a competitor, that the manager frequently brought me lunch to show appreciation for the work I did.

I didn't bring the topic of marijuana up in this thread, you did. If you really don't want marijuana being discussed in this thread then why did you bring it up at all? If you insist, I will create a new thread for this side topic, but it wasn't my choice of topic in the first place. I was just clearing up a lot of miss-information about this particular subject. Maybe you would understand if you had a personal friend or family member with a serious disease and the best medication for their treatment was being unfairly criticized.

If you go back and look in this thread you will see that FinallyDayShift's post where copied and pasted in here. Nobody had or did have an issue with your thread starting topic. It is all about finallydayshift's refusal to answer questions that were politely directed at him and for him to back up his numbers for this post ...
Conway has the highest turnover of employees because it does suck!

This is not about you TruckinGamer ... I do apologize TO YOU ONLY here if you feel you were dragged into this.